What's new

US to replace Russia as India’s biggest arms supplier?

CONNAN

Reaction score
Country
India
US to replace Russia as India?s biggest arms supplier?

BY EDITOR AT 12 JULY, 2010, 1:25 PM

BY: Moscow Times

According to The Sunday Guardian, a scheduled November visit by Barack Obama to Delhi should result in some 5 billion dollars worth of American arms sales to India.

That country’s shopping list includes Patriot air defence batteries and Boeing mid-air refueling tankers.Observers point out that the role of India’s biggest arms supplier is shifting from Russia to the United States.

India has already purchased P-8i and C-130J aircrafts for its navy and air force respectively , and is also considering buying 10 C-17 for air forces transport fleet .

Americans have recently opened up every defence sector for India , from fighter aircrafts to fleet tankers ,transport aircraft and even air defence systems

Good news.. and we get the best of both worlds.:cheers:

Lol the day India buys the Patriot system and the Boeing refuellers I will have a good rofl in real life. How stupid reporters can be.

Speculation at the best, I can say. Russia will still remain our number 1 supplier.

And how will indians interoperate their "UN" styled army?

NOt a gud move neways:what:..... US is fuellin the ends and making penny out f it.:angry:............... Most selfish with double standards... perhaps GOI shud unstan n take a step wid caution :hitwall:....... no need to get loose a long trusted fren like russia......i hope better sense and decesion prevails:undecided:

NOt a gud move neways:what:..... US is fuellin the ends and making penny out f it.:angry:............... Most selfish with double standards... perhaps GOI shud unstan n take a step wid caution :hitwall:....... no need to get loose a long trusted fren like russia......i hope better sense and decesion prevails:undecided:

Dude what we can do........ congress party, Manmohan, Sonia all are American puppet :angry:

There is no way that US will replace Russia as India’s biggest arms supplier, especially with things like the Brahmos and PAKFA/FGFA. I think Russia will continue to be India's primary arms supplier in the future as Russia is known to provide military equipment with no strings attached and has been generous in offering ToT. The U.S. on the other hand has imposed sanctions on India in the past. However, it will be a huge blunder to rely on a single country for arms. So, India will order a sizeable amount of military equipment from the U.S. and this IMO will actually help India to get a better deal from both sides as both try to show that their is more reliable and cost-effective. At the same time, there will be significant orders awarded to the Israelis, French, EADS and of course our own defence industry. Competition always leads to greater effort. Otherwise, we can see more "Admiral Gorshkov"-like deals.

USA will replace Russia as number 1 Arms seller as India will work on Joint venture projects like Brahmos with Russia

Lol the day India buys the Patriot system and the Boeing refuellers I will have a good rofl in real life. How stupid reporters can be.

Patriot was offered but was dismissed by India as we have Akash Sams which have better Integrated Ramjet Rocket Engine which provides thrust for the missile throughout its entire flight because of this maneuverability is highest, Most other surface-to-air missiles, including the U.S. Patriot use solid-fuel rocket propulsion

The India military's combined orders of the Akash, including radar systems(WLR and Surveillance), have a total worth of $5.2 billion (Rs 23,300 crore)

US to replace Russia as India?s biggest arms supplier?

BY EDITOR AT 12 JULY, 2010, 1:25 PM

BY: Moscow Times

According to The Sunday Guardian, a scheduled November visit by Barack Obama to Delhi should result in some 5 billion dollars worth of American arms sales to India.

That country’s shopping list includes Patriot air defence batteries and Boeing mid-air refueling tankers.Observers point out that the role of India’s biggest arms supplier is shifting from Russia to the United States.

India has already purchased P-8i and C-130J aircrafts for its navy and air force respectively , and is also considering buying 10 C-17 for air forces transport fleet .

Americans have recently opened up every defence sector for India , from fighter aircrafts to fleet tankers ,transport aircraft and even air defence systems

How stupid Indian Government is ... they provide arm to Pakistan and India still purchasing arm from them ......... stupidity at its best

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pakistan cannot be completely neglected by the US but it can provide India with the most sophisticated weapons :D

How stupid Indian Government is ... they provide arm to Pakistan and India still purchasing arm from them ......... stupidity at its best

In that case, I think you forgot that Russia used to sell more arms to China than to India. The Chinese bought the Su-30MKK from the Russians, but that didn't stop the IAF from acquiring the Su-30MKI did it?

Look at what they provide to Pakistan (a few F-16's and some other small stuff) to keep the Pakistani's happy and to get them to cooperate in the WOT.

now take a good look at the equipment that is on offer to us from america
like the
P8I,C-17,C-130j ,F-16Blk70/ F/A-18SH,Fleet Tankers etc.....

Back
Top Bottom