What's new

US to double training aid for Pakistan Army

Marxist

Reaction score
Country
India
The US Thursday announced it would double its training aid for the Pakistani Army and assured that all the defence and military needs of the country's armed forces would be met.

"We would double the money we are providing for training the army. Pakistan-US armed forces exercises have been conducted several times and they would be held in future as well," US Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence (Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central Asia) David Samuel Sedney told journalists at the US embassy here after the four-day meeting of the defence working group, Online news agency reported.

The working group, known as Exchange and Defence Planning, was the first sectoral working group within the framework of the strategic dialogue, since the ministerial level US-Pakistan meeting in Washington in March.

Pakistani Defence Secretary Lt. Gen. (retd) Athar Ali led his country's side. The US side was led by Sedney and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence (Force Development) David Ochmanek.

Assisted by officers from various departments and ministries, both sides discussed and reviewed cooperation in defence relations and the mutual challenges they faced. They also reviewed the mechanisms for prioritising and integrating security and defence capability requirements.

"We want strong, durable ties with the Pakistani Army," Sedney said, adding the Pakistani Army had apprised them of its needs and priorities and the US would consider them.

In mid-July, another working group session would take place and in August, a Pakistani-US defence consultation group meeting would be held in which final shape would be given to the implementation of Pakistan's defence needs, Sedney added.

"We are fully cognizant of what Pakistan is doing for the region and that is why we want durable relations with the Pakistani forces, who are truly professional, to enhance their capacity. The provision of latest technology weapons is a step in this direction," he said.

He, however, avoided answering a question on the shopping list and priorities of the Pakistani Army, saying it was better equipped to answer such a question. "However we would consider their needs and decide a formula for its implementation. We will fulfil our promises."

To a question on a civil nuclear deal with Pakistan on the lines of India, he said this did not come under the defence working group's domain.

US to double training aid for Pakistan Army - Hindustan Times

there is no free lunch.we will see the next changement

We have seen such programs in the past... they dont change anything.

US has been pressurizing an operation in N.W but we have declined many times in the past and TOLD them its us who will deciede when and where to do wat.

Our political leader is spineless not our Military leadership.

We wont sacrifice anythin without any reason.

I don't know who they are training, I have yet to see Army Jawans being trained by Americans, I have seen Frontier Police and F.C receiving training from Americans but not the Army.

Kakgeta ur right... its for F.C not army and i havent seen any american training F.C Balouchistan cant say the same about F.C-1 its just the Training financial help i guess.
NOTE= F.C-1 is trained on the same bases of PAK ARMY.

Lolz ..........................Now India would cry that those soldiers trained by USA shouldnt be used against India (if war brakes) :D :D :D :D :D :D

We dont need US training.We inturn train US soilders.Soilders from US and several other countries come for training to the jungle warfare school in Mizoram.

Kakgeta ur right... its for F.C not army and i havent seen any american training F.C Balouchistan cant say the same about F.C-1 its just the Training financial help i guess.
NOTE= F.C-1 is trained on the same bases of PAK ARMY.

We have some Americans here training F.C, police comes along too, they teach pretty basic stuff like clearing an area with high grass, identifying and avoiding potential IED and ambush sites, and other counter insurgency stuff.
They also helped to compile the F.C training manual, it's composed of the American and British training manuals translated into HORRIBLE urdu but it's very useful.

We dont need US training.We inturn train US soilders.Soilders from US and several other countries come for training in the jungle warfare school in Mizoram.

Soldiers from all across the world also come to Pakistan for Staff Course(Quetta), War Course(NDU, Islamabad), Tech Offrs Course(SoA, Nowshera) and another half a million courses or so.
U.S guys train the para-military.

Dont forget officers frm US,UK,KSA,UAE,Sri Lanka,Nepal,Bengladesh,Sweden, E.U,Turkey etc and may other countries come to our defence institutions not just for some jungle training but Arty school,National defence university,Staff college etc

Last edited:
Good for both USA and pakistan.Training the army personal and providing weapons to fight ttp will help to eliminate the notion that USA is helping ttp against pak army..

well its good so its candy time for you guys

:rofl: HERE WE GO!!! now indians will jump on the WORD AID!! and free stuff to pakistan!! that will be used against india!! PAF is getting free F-16s and god knows what!!!

so yes we will just sit back and watch the indians do what they do best ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom