What's new

US To Buy 20 Fighter Planes for Afghan Air Force: ISAF

Karzai asked India for weapons,as they share a strategic pact, which makes me think that its possible India may export Tejas to Afghanistan as soon it gets clearance next year?

What is so out of bound in my earlier statement

A squadron of F-16s would be too hard and expensive for Afghanistan to maintain.

So is buying them, don't worry US will maintain them for free to tighten the screws on Talibans.

Karzai asked India for weapons,as they share a strategic pact, which makes me think that its possible that India may export Tejas to Afghanistan as o gets clearance next year?

What is so out of bound in my earlier statement?

AMCA is still in designing phase and Tejas hasn't got even IOC ,how can they be bought ??You are just trolling more to cover up your first troll post.

Karzai asked India for weapons,as they share a strategic pact, which makes me think that its possible India may export Tejas to Afghanistan as soon it gets clearance next year?

What is so out of bound in my earlier statement

AMCA is not yet on the design phase and LCA is not yet operational, India only assists Afghanistan in Aid, development and training.

That's why I said second hand. There are plenty on the market, and the Chinese are still trying to get rid of their own J-7s. Same goes with the Russian planes, there are plenty of second hand Russian fighters on the market.

The US has already contracted the Russians for helis, so why not fighters? The US itself already buys a few fighters from the Russians for aggressor training.

American fighter are just too expensive for Afghanistan, it's one of the reasons why Afghanistan is getting the Super Tucano from Brazil.

America itself is using Super Tunaco.and its for support role.there is no denying the fact that there is too many Russian or Chinese jets in the market,but one thing to be noticed that ISAF didn't give any 2nd hand equipments or which they gave,its there own equipment.and they're getting top equipment in the market(they didn't get basic Mi-17,but they got Mi-17V5,top in its class..same goes for Super Tunaco)may be some Russian fighter,yes.but then it'll be new jets..or else,it'll be any American jet.there is not much of a difference in Russian top of the line jets with American F-15/F-16.also,USA will get another client.

@IamINDIA

F-16s right away,without any trainers,JCC...amazing!

Btw Global standard for sitting in an F-16 is around 300 hours on 'Fighter/Jet' air craft. Its a little harder than drving a Suzki or riding a pulsar.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hellraiser007

Why would one sign a strategic pact,if the aid is limited to investment and training.

HAL has promised induct Tejas in the IAF by next year. Why wouldn't India help its 'strategic ally' build its air force against the imminent danger posed by Pakistan to its ally?

India can provide Sitara AJT, LCA and AMCA to Afghaniatan ..all before 2020, why refrain?

@IamINDIA

Btw Global standard for sitting in an F-16 is around 300 hours on 'Fighter/Jet' air craft. Its a little harder than drving a Suzki or riding a pulsar.

then whats the point of providing aircraft in the first place?? i am sure the afghans will ask or procure trainers as well.

@IamINDIA

sitting any jet fighter takes a lot of training..as Super Tunaco are coming,may be they will buy their own trainer aircrafts for that purpose.until then,its USA where they're going for training.as other countries are also helping them and will help them for training purpose,I don't see any problem to induct F-16 in their service.

They should include Afghanistan into the JSF program.

Might give some kicks :tup:

@Hellraiser007

Why would one sign a strategic pact,if the aid is limited to investment and training.

That depends on the clauses of pact, I think parties involved in pact has better idea of those clauses than you.
HAL has promised induct Tejas in the IAF by next year. Why wouldn't India help its 'strategic ally' build its air force against the imminent danger posed by Pakistan to its ally?
India herself has depleting squadron strength so she will obviously fulfill her own requirements before selling or donating them .
India can provide Sitara AJT, LCA and AMCA to Afghaniatan ..all before 2020, why refrain?

I think US was moving out in 2014 or has it been stretched to 2020 ??

then whats the point of providing aircraft in the first place?? i am sure the afghans will ask or procure trainers as well.

Maybe propagenda is needed to be fed to the Afghan 'allies' and public that 'we wont leave you alone'?

Back
Top Bottom