What's new

US threatens India with sanctions over Iranian Oil

The US has only one (maybe two, if one counts the UK in there) all-weather 'friend'/enemy: Israel. Everyone else, including India is expendable.

I don't think the relationship with Israel is as an ally. AIPAC simply control American foreign policy.

Sanctions can simply be modified as they are written, most likely sanctions will be modified and expanded. US's objective is to stop Indian imports of oil from Iran. US may just ban access to all Indian banks whether they deal with Iran or not.

Unless you become a US senator and introduce the above mentioned bill, stop entertaining us with your fantasies.

I don't think the relationship with Israel is as an ally. AIPAC simply control American foreign policy.

Both the US and Israel are two sovereign countries.

AIPAC is a different matter though. They have $$$$$$.

We do not give a damn what the US does, if they do any thing stupid, they sure will know that its a harm to their own a$$.
INDIA needs oil and energy for its growth and IRAN sell what we need. if US has a problem with IRAN they can sit with the IRANIANS and sort out, rather trying to mess up others relations is a fools work.

We do not give a damn what the US does, if they do any thing stupid, they sure will know that its a harm to their own a$$.
INDIA needs oil and energy for its growth and IRAN sell what we need. if US has a problem with IRAN they can sit with the IRANIANS and sort out, rather trying to mess up others relations is a fools work.

Oh man u just made me laugh that was a good one, IPI gas pipeline was a good example India succumb to US pressure and went in black hole. U and I can fight all day and Night long but India and other Nations do bow down to US if they see the light of $$$$$$$$$

Matter of opinion mate. American democracy has been subverted and Tel Aviv dictates to America

I'm telling you man. It's all about money! Most American Zionists aren't even Jewish anyways.

Oh man u just made me laugh that was a good one, IPI gas pipeline was a good example India succumb to US pressure and went in black hole. U and I can fight all day and Night long but India and other Nations do bow down to US if they see the light of $$$$$$$$$

we quit IPI not becoz of US but bcoz of 'P' in IPI ;)

same with TA'P'I its going nowhere :whistle:

They can say what they want .. We will do what we want to do.. period.

India has refused to join the sanctions, saying it will only support United Nations-backed embargo..NOT those imposed unilaterally by any individual country.
The move by India, if true, will have other unintended consequences: it will bring down the value of dollar.

Also, you guys have named the wrong bank.. its UCO Bank, an Indian bank which has no financial links with the US, NOT Union bank of India as suggested in some previous posts. Plans are also there to pay in gold instead.

India can do without third party external guidance on conduct of its bilateral relations with other counties. we will not like it if Iran tells us how to have our relations with the U.S.

@A1Kaid, Its funny to see you jumping over one report from the U.S. That too against Iran, a Muslim country..LOL don't worry bro we are not Pakistan... we would be fine :wave:

we backed out because not of US, but the volatality that the tribal areas of Pakistan was into and we feared that the line might be under any time in the threat of an attack. if this is waht your geo political knowledge is then so be it

But it is well known that Americans put pressure on India why you living denial??

It was not the Amrican pressure that did the trick...but the nice juicy carrot of nuclear deal that made us go outside along with the "P" in the IPI...A better deal is always to be welcomed.

First of all there is already a thread on this topic:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/165544-u-s-may-sanction-india-over-level-iran-oil-imports.html#post2698749

Secondly, calm down AlKaid ,its not like sanctioning India.Its just about the bank which will make payment of oil to Iran and for that we already have a solution.

(As i said on the other thread)

India already knew that this can happen, thats why we chose Union bank of India for oil payment to Iran, which is mostly considered as Local bank! So US can put as much sanctions on as it wants! No problemo! :)

India routed its payments through a German bank and later a Turkish bank, but both routes dried up because of impending sanctions by the US. Since most large Indian banks too will not touch payments to Iran for the same fear, New Delhi has been using a small nationalized bank, Union bank of India, to route its payments to Iran.

Link

India is not a puppet of USA to fight her wars...we already have one puppet in this region who has set a great example for us about how not to destroy your own country...

next few days will be interesting...lets see how events unfold..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom