What's new

US struggling to retain dominant position in world economy as China’s credit rises

TPP created for promoting trade-in goods and services.
to Vietnamese customers, it means now they could enjoy US, Japanese brands at cheaper prices.
Instead of import China clothes, shoes and pay high import duty , they would import those stuffs from Vietnam and enjoy the Free duty.

The act to enhance China competitiveness is joining TPP

Lol, you think that China wont do the same with RCEP? Since China is not part of TPP, we can unilaterally setup our rule and promote the most favorite countries on which RCEP will give a preferential economic treatment. At the end there will be two competitive blocks :TPP and RCEP. you think who will prevail? :lol:

Lol, you think that China wont do the same with RCEP? Since China is not part of TPP, we can unilaterally setup our rule and promote the most favorite countries on which RCEP will give a preferential economic treatment. At the end there will be two competitive blocks :TPP and RCEP. you think who will prevail? :lol:

Yes, the thread should be about this kind of competition. Not TPP vs AIIB.
But the fact that even in RCEP, China can't unilaterally setup the rule.
And RCEP is only an improved FTA not a new one.

As you know, ATIGA cover ASEAN, plus AKFTA, AJFTA, AAZNFTA, ACFTA ... could create the combination of similar to RCEP

TPP is a new thing.

Last edited:
Yes, the thread should be about this kind of competition. Not TPP vs AIIB.
But the fact that even in RCEP, China can't unilaterally setup the rule.
And RCEP is only an improved FTA not a new one.

As you know, ATIGA cover ASEAN, plus AKFTA, AJFTA, AAZNFTA, ACFTA ... could create the combination of similar to RCEP

TPP is a new thing.

I mean China can setup the rule for RCEP that can compete with TPP on which Americans will have nothing to say.

I mean China can setup the rule for RCEP that can compete with TPP on which Americans will have nothing to say.

It's impossible. China isn't the major player in related to FTA with ASEAN at this moment. Let study ACFTA stand for Asean-China FTA. This FTA is an underdog comparing to AK-FTA, AJ-CEP.

You know it's only on this site I see news like this , everywhere else I go all I hear is Chinese economy crashing .either China is spreading propaganda or the entire world is lieing.

Let's stop this meaningless discussion everyone!
In the world of PDF, we have to accept it, only Viets, Pinoy and Hindus can save the world from China's 1000000% debts and help USA build a wall of TPP and TUPP(trans-universe) to stop China from marching towards 888888888 % debts.

Let's stop this meaningless discussion everyone!
In the world of PDF, we have to accept it, only Viets, Pinoy and Hindus can save the world from China's 1000000% debts and help USA build a wall of TPP and TUPP(trans-universe) to stop China from marching towards 888888888 % debts.

Who would wish to have economies of scale as successful as that of India, Vietnam or the Philippines?

I guess so.

The world economy is very much controlled by the west with USA directing the course, other countries may become rich or poor, but won't get the control of it.

When the China economy is equal to America and Europe continents combined, possibly in 20-30 years, who will control the world economy, do you think.

To get to that point, China GDP per capita reaching about US$ 35,000 is enough (just a little higher than Taiwan and still far below of Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau)

When the China economy is equal to America and Europe continents combined, possibly in 20-30 years, who will control the world economy, do you think.

To get to that point, China GDP per capita reaching about US$ 35,000 is enough (just a little higher than Taiwan and still far below of Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau)

Let's not indulge in fantasies.

if GDP per capita is everything, why isn't Denmark, Norway, Finland annex Russia? These superpowers have higher GDP per capita than Russia

Let's not indulge in fantasies.

Why fantasy?. China's education is among the best in the world, if not the best; their people average IQ is highest in the world; their infrastructure is already among the best, if not the best; their R&D and science and technology is already among the top countries.

Why their GDP per capita cannot reach that of Korea, Taiwan, France, Germany? I do not talk about natural resource rich countries like Gulf, Canada, Norway or Australia.

I think it is clearly the fantasy of the West that China's GDP per capita cannot reach their level.

Thailand's tough choice: TPP or RCEP
Achara Deboonme
achara_d@nationgroup.com
Twitter@Biz_TheNation October 27, 2015 1:00 am

Believe it or not, google "TPP" and you get over 82 million hits.
Though the Trans-Pacific Partnership is merely one form of free-trade agreement, its scores an even higher number of hits than does a search for "FTA" (about 53 million results).

Type in "RCEP" (the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership) and you get fewer than 80,000 results.

What are the numbers telling us?

It could be the fact that this is the first mega-FTA the world has witnessed in two decades.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom