What's new

US State Department spokesman announces proceeding with the UAE F35 deal

Arabs from Morocco to the UAE have plenty of military experience.. but they are not warmongering like Iran.. They are looking for deterrents mostly .. as they prefer to avoid unnecessary wars.. the time is for development..
Ask Yemen that

I never understood what is UAE's need for this?

Influence. $23 billions spent in CASH on American military industrial complex goes a long long way in buying influence in the right places in America. Plus you get to be the country with the latest American gadgets. Good for the UAE.

I tend to leave nations like Morocco out, because they tend to have their own independent foreign policy. I also doubt they'd get involved in any potential war between the UAE+KSA against Iran.

Im mainly talking about the Gulf Arabs. Within the Gulf Arab nations, the UAE does have the most experience out of all the battle ready Gulf Arab nations, due to sending special forces across multiple battlefields, but even then they've had to rely on foreign mercenaries, such as Australian and Columbian PMCs for ground operations.

Out of the Gulf Arab nations, the only military force that's best prepared is probably the UAE, mostly because they do have competent leadership. Having said that, the UAE has a fairly small military force, so they wouldn't be of much use outside of homeland defense. Only the UAE's air force would be able to threaten Iranian forces within Iranian soil itself.
Morocco is part of the Yemen coalition it has participated with its F-16s.. so here you go for that argument..

Saudi Arabia has the most powerful air force in the Arab world followed by Egypt and the UAE..now add Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain with small yet potent air forces..

That mercenary stuff are mostly yellow news.. the UAE and KSA along with Sudan all had special forces in Yemen.. mostly to train legitimate Yemeni GVT troops..

Here capturing the AlQaeda leader in Yemen..
000-3992148241561471522966.jpg

UAE SF in Yemen
USMCSgtKyleMcNanviaDVIDS.jpg

Last edited:
Morocco is part of the Yemen coalition it has participated with its F-16s.. so here you go for that argument..

Saudi Arabia has the most powerful air force in the Arab world followed by Egypt and the UAE..now add Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain with small yet potent air forces..

That mercenary stuff are mostly yellow news.. the UAE and KSA along with Sudan all had special forces in Yemen.. mostly to train legitimate Yemeni GVT troops..

Here capturing the AlQaeda leader in Yemen..
000-3992148241561471522966.jpg

UAE SF in Yemen
USMCSgtKyleMcNanviaDVIDS.jpg
So, Morocco's involvement in Yemen was mostly just for show, and nothing more. Even Sudan sent fighters, but that didn't really lead to anything.

The mercenary news was already confirmed, so I don't know why you're denying it.

While the Arabs did have some limited ground presence in Yemen through their special forces, which is a given, Yemen is considered a failure due to KSA refusing to send a proper ground force, simply because KSA doesn't actually trust its main army to be competent.

Again, you know all this, so I don't get what you're trying to prove here.

So, Morocco's involvement in Yemen was mostly just for show, and nothing more. Even Sudan sent fighters, but that didn't really lead to anything.

The mercenary news was already confirmed, so I don't know why you're denying it.

While the Arabs did have some limited ground presence in Yemen through their special forces, which is a given, Yemen is considered a failure due to KSA refusing to send a proper ground force, simply because KSA doesn't actually trust its main army to be competent.

Again, you know all this, so I don't get what you're trying to prove here.
Maybe you are trying to prove something wrong here.. We all saw and heard those fake new..

- Morocco participated with fighter aircrafts while Sudan sent troops..

- "Mercenaries" were proven to be security guards for the UAE bases,, you don;t get your elite forces to do that work..Unless one is guarding high value assets..

- Arabs,, mainly KSA and the UAE went to Yemen to help the legitimate government train its own forces while providing them with areal support.. They were backed up by the UN,, there is a resolution about it.. So what failure are you talking about..They helped liberate more than 80% of Yemen from the Houthis.. and provide much needed civilian assistance.. that is quite a success..

Yemen my friend is an Arab, Muslim country..They didn't go there to destroy it.. The Arab coaltion is there mostly to stabilize it..that is the truth..

OT: All the Arabs are enjoying these news of the UAE getting 50 F-35 and 18 MQ-9B with almost a $10 billion in ammunition..

https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/ma...-emirates-munitions-sustainment-and-support-0

Last edited:
Maybe you are trying to prove something wrong here.. We all saw and heard those fake new..

- Morocco participated with fighter aircrafts while Sudan sent troops..

- "Mercenaries" were proven to be security guards for the UAE bases,, you don;t get your elite forces to do that work..Unless one is guarding high value assets..

- Arabs,, mainly KSA and the UAE went to Yemen to help the legitimate government train its own forces while providing them with areal support.. They were backed up by the UN,, there is a resolution about it,, So what failure are you talking about..They helped liberate more than 80% of Yemen from the Houthis.. and provide much needed civilian assistance,,, that is quite a success..

Yemen my friend is an Arab , Muslim country,,They didn't go there to destroy it,, but mostly to stabilize it..that is the truth..

OT: All the Arabs are enjoying these news of the UAE getting 50 F-35 and 18 MQ-9B with almost a $10 billion in ammunition..

https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/ma...-emirates-munitions-sustainment-and-support-0
To be clear, I'm not questioning KSA's motives. Morally, I don't really care, but strategically, it makes sense why KSA went into Yemen: having an Iranian proxy on KSA's border would be absolutely disastrous.

Those mercs were conducting direct combat missions against Houthi militants, you don't do that if you're mere guards. So far as its been confirmed, the only ones who're saying they're guards are the UAE, and with zero evidence to back that up. Meanwhile there is plenty of reports supporting the fact that these mercs are conducting military operations across Yemen.

Next, Morocco and Sudan both supported the KSA intervention in Yemen, but they only presented token forces, nothing more. Their contribution has amounted to practically nothing substantial on the ground.

On the topic of KSA and Yemen, it's very clear that the KSA has failed to achieve its objectives in Yemen. Its gotten so bad for KSA that they're now trying to get out of Yemen. UAE has already left, along with a number of other partners.

I feel I need to emphasize this, because I don't want there to be bad feelings between us, this entire conversation isn't me presenting my feelings or morals, its simply a cold cut analysis based upon my own research into the subject. I think KSA has legitimate reason to intervene in Yemen, but from what I've read, they've gone about it the completely wrong way.

To be clear, I'm not questioning KSA's motives. Morally, I don't really care, but strategically, it makes sense why KSA went into Yemen: having an Iranian proxy on KSA's border would be absolutely disastrous.

Those mercs were conducting direct combat missions against Houthi militants, you don't do that if you're mere guards. So far as its been confirmed, the only ones who're saying they're guards are the UAE, and with zero evidence to back that up. Meanwhile there is plenty of reports supporting the fact that these mercs are conducting military operations across Yemen.

Next, Morocco and Sudan both supported the KSA intervention in Yemen, but they only presented token forces, nothing more. Their contribution has amounted to practically nothing substantial on the ground.

On the topic of KSA and Yemen, it's very clear that the KSA has failed to achieve its objectives in Yemen. Its gotten so bad for KSA that they're now trying to get out of Yemen. UAE has already left, along with a number of other partners.

I feel I need to emphasize this, because I don't want there to be bad feelings between us, this entire conversation isn't me presenting my feelings or morals, its simply a cold cut analysis based upon my own research into the subject. I think KSA has legitimate reason to intervene in Yemen, but from what I've read, they've gone about it the completely wrong way.
I agree but beg to differ on both the alleged mercenaries and the objectives..

"The Latin American force in the Emirates was originally conceived to carry out mostly domestic missions — guarding pipelines and other sensitive infrastructure and possibly putting down riots in the sprawling camps housing foreign workers in the Emirates — according to corporate documents, American officials and several people involved in the project.

A 2011 intelligence briefing for senior leaders involved in the project listed Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Somali pirates and domestic riots as some of the biggest threats to Emirati stability.
The troops were told that they might one day be called for foreign combat missions, but until the deployment to Yemen the only external missions they were given were to provide security on commercial cargo vessels.

Those missions were rare, and soldiers involved in the project describe years of monotony at the desert camp, housed within a sprawling Emirati military base called Zayed Military City. They rise every day at 5 a.m. for exercise and military training — including shooting practice, navigation and riot control. A number of Westerners, including several Americans, live at the camp and serve as trainers for the Latin American troops."

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/26/...-colombian-mercenaries-to-fight-in-yemen.html

As for the main objective..it was to secure the borders and the legitimate government in Yemen and that was a success otherwise we would be having clashes on the borders instead of these missiles and drones which show that the Houthis have been contained on the ground.. so they have resorted to attack from far away,, in fact the farthest they can..

The dramatic language is of no use in a real evaluation..

- Effective interception of all air threats.

- Air operations in all conditions and climates, with great success.

- Air campaign management as well as automated air defense.

This is modern war and KSA is successful in it.

Crowd language is not interesting to hear, nor does it make a real impression when reality on the ground is there for all to see..

No bad feelings buddy,, as we are exchanging information ..not even my opinion.. just facts,,

Now I'm really glad to hear that the UAE is getting what it wanted as the negotiations went for more than 8 years for the procurement of the F-35..

Last edited:
I forgot the name of one poster I wanted to tag who was saying otherwise. I said this first time despite all the noise

F-35 is being sold to lots of nations so probably not much of a leap nor a game changing plane. This is good news for anybody who might have to fight the USA.
US sold the F-16 to everyone. Good but not great. Compare with how the F-15 and F-22 were/are tightly controlled.

F-35 is being sold to lots of nations so probably not much of a leap nor a game changing plane. This is good news for anybody who might have to fight the USA.
US sold the F-16 to everyone. Good but not great. Compare with how the F-15 and F-22 were/are tightly controlled.

It was never a deterence or to seek advantage against it's western allies and they won't sell things that would jeopardize them either but it is intended for other theaters rest assured. The UAE has it's own 5th generation aircraft in developing stages that one is the one they seek to be a sole defence against all comers but the F35 is to gain regional superiority and for only a specific theater

Influence. $23 billions spent in CASH on American military industrial complex goes a long long way in buying influence in the right places in America. Plus you get to be the country with the latest American gadgets. Good for the UAE.
in CASH!!? HaHaHa!

Back
Top Bottom