What's new

US Ready to Use Nuclear, Conventional Weapons to Defend Japan

to Use Nuclear, to defend,and Japan
The title is too funny.Do not demolish Japan once again.

Game of thrones, best show ever made:tup:

The rising sun.....

It indeed will be interesting to see how Japan's foreign policy (and military capability for that matter) develops over the next 10-20 years.

The way it is progressing, as Japan normalizes militarily, I will not be surprised if Japan declares its intent to develop a nuclear deterrent program. I think it is a responsible as Japan would never strike unless struck first. But I do agree on the importance of a nuclear deterrent.

Either way, American nuclear umbrella or a Japanese one. And I think 1000 thermonuclear warheads would be enough to assure MAD. :)

If Japan aspire to be a great power, first, try not to hide from Uncle Sam's shoulder. LOL

We already are a great power. The Japanese Navy, alone, is larger than the British, French and German Navies combined. We are the 3rd largest economy in the world, with FOREX of over $2.5 Trillion, and the manpower to field 53 million troops in time of war. We have the largest merchant marine fleet in the world, a space power that has our eyes in the heavens with constant surveillance on the happenings in the world. Don't mistaken Japan's silence for incapacity. Our Potential Energy enables profound kinetic energy when the time arises.

Dont get too exited, this is just American way of saying, we got nukes Japan doesnt need to have them LOL

exactly like how Khrushchev told Mao, and same as Russia and China has been telling N.K.

promise nuclear protection is easiest thing, because no one is stupid enough to want to find out if they will honor that promise.

Yea sure Japan could build a nuke in a month in theory, but compared to our build up for the last 40 years? come on..

besides, let me ask you, how many nukes do you think it will take to destroy Japan, or China? lol

With 1000 thermonuclear warheads, I believe such a deterrent can bring sobriety to any situation , yes?

As for American nuclear umbrella, sure we appreciate it. Tho I see in the future Japan will have no need of it if we develop our own military nuclear capability. Japan , after all , is already a nuclear power in her own right.

USA is making noise once again.Well nowadays USA can only make noise nothing else.Such "promise" is nothing-just noise,words with no actual meaning,hot air.In case of military conflict China will teach a lesson to Japan while all East Asian countries staying at sidelines cheering for China.And no USA will not fire a single bullet in defence of Japan.Of course there will be "concerns" ,calls for stop of hostilities,UN SC meeting etc but no actual USA actions.This is simple reality.

LOL China slaps Abe and Obama in the face by violating Japan yet again with another patrol in "Japanese" territorial waters on April 30.

中国海警船今年第12次进入钓鱼岛12海里巡航_腾讯新闻

Woooo we are soooo scared of your nukes :lol: Let me take cover under my desk the next time we patrol Diaoyu Islands again :yay:

LOL.

But of course, and we have the delivery module that can strike any part of the world. :)

Japan launches satellites to space with near 100% accuracy, hypothetically speaking, if we were to create a thermonuclear warhead, we could strike any part of the world with pin point accuracy. :)

bf4_cd_04.jpg

Japan-Rocket.jpg
:laughcry: Keep your space rocket at home. China and Russia are already doing exercises in the Sea of Japan with nuclear armed cruise missile fleet. Soon it will be called the Northeast China Sea!

LOL China slaps Abe and Obama in the face by violating Japan yet again with another patrol in "Japanese" territorial waters on April 30.

Woooo we are soooo scared of your nukes :lol: Let me take cover under my desk the next time we patrol Diaoyu Islands again :yay:

But we all patrol.

:laughcry: Keep your space rocket at home. China and Russia are already doing exercises in the Sea of Japan with nuclear armed cruise missile fleet. Soon it will be called the Northeast China Sea!

Cool! Sugoi!

You are okay with overlapping control status quo? Then good. We can continue to have peace.

Let me redirect you; should Japan and China forfeit our lucrative trade which is over $400 Billion per annum for uninhabited rocks with absolutely no natural resources?

LOL!

No one in the right mind , in either side , will have a conflict over uninhabited islands. Mind you trade between China and Japan is rising. :)

In the end of the day, Yen-Yuan is King ;) ;)

Let me redirect you; should Japan and China forfeit our lucrative trade which is over $400 Billion per annum for uninhabited rocks with absolutely no natural resources?

LOL!

No one in the right mind , in either side , will have a conflict over uninhabited islands. Mind you trade between China and Japan is rising. :)

In the end of the day, Yen-Yuan is King ;) ;)
Indeed. Shelving the dispute was the right move back in the 1970s. Only USA gains if conflict breaks out in East Asia. Asians lose :(

The statement indicates the deep strategic Friendship between the two countries so much that US would use Nukes to preserve the territorial integrity of Japan.

India and Vietnam should also Sign a similar treaty or Atleast mutual defense agreement.

that is not fair. how about vietnam? our people need protection, too.
Vietnam insignificant. Nuclear warhead worth more than Vietnamese.

Well first you will have to become a half colony like Japan,allowing US troops to station all over your map,think your precious national pride can swallow that?

if that happens, the Vietnamese will be swallowing a lot of American pride, if you get my drift

:sarcastic:

LOL.

But of course, and we have the delivery module that can strike any part of the world. :)

Japan launches satellites to space with near 100% accuracy, hypothetically speaking, if we were to create a thermonuclear warhead, we could strike any part of the world with pin point accuracy. :)

bf4_cd_04.jpg

Japan-Rocket.jpg

True talk, Japan indeed has the most poweful space rocket in Asia even today, Thats what most people forget. If we were to look at this parameter,i.e launch lift capacity then Japan still leads Asia for now(it has for quite a while now) even before China. So in some ways Japan has all it takes to develop a Long range missile with a world wide reach. Its just their constitution and the fact that they lost the second world war that limits them so much and prevents them from developing such offensive weapons. So China and other Asian countries should be grateful for that. lol :)

Japan is a rapidly declining country on all areas.

Their economy has been dead for 25 years and shrinking every year as the overvalued yen depreciates.

Their population will start shrinking soon.

Their brands are going bankrupt and they are not as good in technology as they used to be.

They have no natural resources.

They have no independent foreign policy.

Japan has been irrelevant with each passing year.

To compare an irrelevant little nuisance like Japan to a country like China is the biggest joke.

Japan is a defeated nation with no honour or pride.

To be honest, you said nothing that we dont already know about you. All what you said was expected, since you have said similar things several tims on here.lool Well since Japan is going bankrupt and is going to collapse soon(never mind that many peple have also been saying the same thing about China,.lool) then why does China worry about Japan then?? In fact if that was the case China should just ignore Japan and take the senkakus islands back since Japan is a broke irrelevant country and cant stand up to super power China at all. LMAO. :lol:

Also you say japanese brands are bankrupt and they are not good in technology??? Are you being sarcastic or yo are serious??o_O You are saying that compared to China?:rofl: With all due respect China is still significantly behind Japan technologically and even in world brands. In fact there is no comparism yet. People all over he world can name several Japanese brands off their heads, but Chinese brands??:sick: When you mention Japan all over the world peope associate it immediately with quality/technology. Mention China and hmmmmmmmm........NO COMMENT. There are several Japanese products/brands who still enjoy a good market share in China, but how many Chinese brands can be said to have a significant market share in Japan??:what: You can make fun of your much poorer/smaller/weaker other Asian neighbours/countries, but im afraid you cant make fun/downplay Japan. You dont yet enjoy a significant technological advantage over them at all. Japan can handle its own against China any day. Its for this reason you two have always been rivals for centuries and reason you are still bitter about the fact that they ever dared to invade China decades ago.:enjoy:

As i said before, dont/never make fun of a country that is still ahead of you/more developed and advanced than you. When you have fully surpass them/got to the top, then you can start making fun of them. But dont count your eggs before they hatch my friend.:bounce::disagree:

Allow and equip DPRK to deal with the Japanese

However, Japanese spies have already completed the coordinates of 15 major bridges in China and suggested to the yanks if they want to bomb China, take out those bridges first

日本:如果开战 先干掉中国大陆15座大桥 - 陆军论坛 - 铁血军事论坛 - 手机铁血网

Let the Chinese fans of Japan on PDF organise a party about this!

images

Ancient Chinese Art of Paper Folding

You are right about this. I personally lost the faith on the good will of the Japanese government (save the general public since I am still not sure how much the Japanese government is representative of the general public/sentiment).

Building economic bridges is one thing, and from pragmatist point of view, is commendable on both sides. But the length Japan goes in its drive to join the US containment efforts of China leaves no doubt of the true intentions of the Japanese government.

Being a normal country is one thing. But becoming a launching pod for a third country is another. Japan's direction seems to be toward the latter. China, on the other, would more than welcome a more normal (independent) Japan.

Japanese government should have been more jeopolitically prudent. But they seem reckless and capable of easily destroying the nascent and hard-built good will.

@Nihonjin1051

Last edited:
True talk, Japan indeed has the most poweful space rocket in Asia even today, Thats what most people forget. If we were to look at this parameter,i.e launch lift capacity then Japan still leads Asia for now(it has for quite a while now) even before China. So in some ways Japan has all it takes to develop a Long range missile with a world wide reach. Its just their constitution and the fact that they lost the second world war that limits them so much and prevents them from developing such offensive weapons. So China and other Asian countries should be grateful for that. lol :)

To be honest, you said nothing that we dont already know about you. All what you said was expected, since you have said similar things several tims on here.lool Well since Japan is going bankrupt and is going to collapse soon(never mind that many peple have also been saying the same thing about China,.lool) then why does China worry about Japan then?? In fact if that was the case China should just ignore Japan and take the senkakus islands back since Japan is a broke irrelevant country and cant stand up to super power China at all. LMAO. :lol:

Also you say japanese brands are bankrupt and they are not good in technology??? Are you being sarcastic or yo are serious??o_O You are saying that compared to China?:rofl: With all due respect China is still significantly behind Japan technologically and even in world brands. In fact there is no comparism yet. People all over he world can name several Japanese brands off their heads, but Chinese brands??:sick: When you mention Japan all over the world peope associate it immediately with quality/technology. Mention China and hmmmmmmmm........NO COMMENT. There are several Japanese products/brands who still enjoy a good market share in China, but how many Chinese brands can be said to have a significant market share in Japan??:what: You can make fun of your much poorer/smaller/weaker other Asian neighbours/countries, but im afraid you cant make fun/downplay Japan. You dont yet enjoy a significant technological advantage over them at all. Japan can handle its own against China any day. Its for this reason you two have always been rivals for centuries and reason you are still bitter about the fact that they ever dared to invade China decades ago.:enjoy:

As i said before, dont/never make fun of a country that is still ahead of you/more developed and advanced than you. When you have fully surpass them/got to the top, then you can start making fun of them. But dont count your eggs before they hatch my friend.:bounce::disagree:

Very solid points Mike. There is a proverbial saying in Japanese, which characterizes the situation.

The Japanese form is,
これをしるをこれをしるとなし、しらざるをしらずとなせ。これしるなり

Our Chinese friends know this saying as,
知之为知之,不知为不知,是知也

In essence it is a quote from Kongzi Sensei (Confucius), "To know what you know, as well as to known the unknown, therein lies the absolute character of Wisdom."

:)

You are right about this. I personally lost the faith on the good will of the Japanese government (save the general public since I am still not sure how much the Japanese government is representative of the general public/sentiment).

Building economic bridges is one thing, and from pragmatist point of view, is commendable on both sides. But the length Japan goes in its drive to join the US containment efforts of China leaves no doubt of the true intentions of the Japanese government.

Being a normal country is one thing. But becoming a launching pod for a third country is another. Japan's direction seems to be toward the latter. China, on the other, would more than welcome a more normal (independent) Japan.

Japanese government should have been more jeopolitically prudent. But they seem reckless and capable of easily destroying the nascent and hard-built good will.

@Nihonjin1051

Tomodachi,

The overall Japanese people wish , aspire for better relations between our countries, and it has ome a long way since the start of the unfortunate incident regarding the island row. For too long that has been used as pretext to fan the flames of national misunderstanding and savage speak -- used as context for war talk in both Japanese and Chinese societies. This, from my understanding, is a radical stance that do not truly capture the true spirit of both Japan and China.

As for the Government of Japan ; it is not a homogenous institution , rather it is rather heterogeneous in that it has elements within the House of Councilors and House of Representatives who are pro-China-Japan as well as those who are pro-USA-Japan. Even amongst the ranks of the LDP leadership , there are significant members who are pro-China such as Tanigaki Sadakazu (Seretary General) and Otsuji Hidehisa (Leader of the House of Councilors, the Upper House of the National Diet). So not everything is purely black and white , as even in the conservative wing of Japanese parties , being pro-Japan doesn't necessarily mean anti-China. And that is one thing we have to understand, what Chinese intelligentsia have to understand in regards to Japanese political economy. In the end, the central piece is balancing Japan's political relationship with the United States with her relationship with China , South Korea, and hte rest of Asia, which as far as recently has been rather pragmatic, given the political environment.

I understand that there is suspicion on Prime Minister Abe's sincerity and on the sincerity of the Japanese Government. Well as far as I know we have to understand that our elected officials in government are supposed to represent the electoral will of the people, however, they have their personal input given the capacity of their legislative, executive and moral decision. Abe has been elected by the Japanese electoral system , however, some of his decision making does not necessarily mean it is reflective of Japan's will. Leaders are given a sense of personal autonomy on their governing style. For example Barack Obama. By national mandate he was elected as the President of the United States, but his decision making and policy initiatives in regards to foreign policy doesn't necessarily mean it is supported by the majority of Americans, given the bipartisan nature of American federal and state governments.

Let us keep that in mind when analyzing Japanese political economy and how this plays in context to the Japanese-Chinese equation and dynamic. I hope that was a decent explanation, my friend.

To continued good health , peace and development for China and Japan -- and the rest of Greater East Asia !

:cheers:

Flag-Pins-Japan-China.jpeg

As for the Government of Japan ; it is not a homogenous institution , rather it is rather heterogeneous in that it has elements within the House of Councilors and House of Representatives who are pro-China-Japan as well as those who are pro-USA-Japan. Even amongst the ranks of the LDP leadership , there are significant members who are pro-China such as Tanigaki Sadakazu (Seretary General) and Otsuji Hidehisa (Leader of the House of Councilors, the Upper House of the National Diet). So not everything is purely black and white , as even in the conservative wing of Japanese parties , being pro-Japan doesn't necessarily mean anti-China. And that is one thing we have to understand, what Chinese intelligentsia have to understand in regards to Japanese political economy. In the end, the central piece is balancing Japan's political relationship with the United States with her relationship with China , South Korea, and hte rest of Asia, which as far as recently has been rather pragmatic, given the political environment.

I understand that there is suspicion on Prime Minister Abe's sincerity and on the sincerity of the Japanese Government. Well as far as I know we have to understand that our elected officials in government are supposed to represent the electoral will of the people, however, they have their personal input given the capacity of their legislative, executive and moral decision. Abe has been elected by the Japanese electoral system , however, some of his decision making does not necessarily mean it is reflective of Japan's will. Leaders are given a sense of personal autonomy on their governing style. For example Barack Obama. By national mandate he was elected as the President of the United States, but his decision making and policy initiatives in regards to foreign policy doesn't necessarily mean it is supported by the majority of Americans, given the bipartisan nature of American federal and state governments.

Let us keep that in mind when analyzing Japanese political economy and how this plays in context to the Japanese-Chinese equation and dynamic. I hope that was a decent explanation, my friend.

To continued good health , peace and development for China and Japan -- and the rest of Greater East Asia !

the major problem however is that various officials in japan continues to make ridiculous statements/actions that are completely contrary to hopes for peace and better relations.

take for example, denials of sexual slavery(called comfort women, which i see as an insult in and of itself, its like calling rapes, surprise happy-time), massacres in WW2 and various other things. they aren't just some person saying this stuff in private, these are major elected officials in some of the highest positions of government, supposedly representing the people of japan making these statements. absolutely unacceptable yet it happens not once, not twice but again and again. how is china/SK suppose to form good relations with japan in light of this?

and you cant simply say its just one party saying this, yea sure but that party clearly has people in power and making policies.

china certainly has its share of nationalist hawks and people blinded by hatred and racism, but the official statements are always thought out and often does not contain any fiery language, so much so that experts wonder if a "democratic" china would be far more hostile to the US.

i think while most of japan would love peace and making money together, a few are spoiling it for the majority. think about it, the island disputes was on the back burner and there was even talk of joint exploration until one guys action to nationalize the islands

Back
Top Bottom