What's new

US Program To Revive Afghan Economy Fails: SIGAR

She called me a girl just because i changed my dp on the birthday of my fav actress that is haram and wajib ul qatal :angry:
For this crime Pakistan will deport lakhs more this year :angel:

They left after some ISSUES with members

Grew up around them had friends as a child and even taught some Afghan students when i was a tutor (when you get involved with sinf e nazuk you need cash and for that you have to like work and shit who knew :close_tema:)

Made really shitty life decisions man left really good jobsfor the shittiest of reasons well all of that is now my past

Cheer up; it could be worse.

You could have been Afghan. Or Indian. Or Hindu Indian.

For this crime Pakistan will deport lakhs more this year :angel:

Yeah Here is hoping. The govt needs guts for this and this time just go for it.

Grew up around them had friends as a child and even taught some Afghan students when i was a tutor (when you get involved with sinf e nazuk you need cash and for that you have to like work and shit who knew :close_tema:)

Yep. A team was best amongst them.. Negative experiences. Horrific experiences online. :p

Gotta work to feed the soul. I am also trying to get students. Have to compete with four academies in my lane and one of them offers free tuition. How do you beat that? Lolzzz

Made really shitty life decisions man left really good jobsfor the shittiest of reasons well all of that is now my past

Each one makes us stronger and better and in the end Allah has plans for us all and he knows best and he is the best planner of all. Have full faith in Allah.

You could have been Afghan. Or Indian. Or Hindu Indian.
Thank you great granpa :what: ?
Cheer up; it could be worse.
Yeah man i should be grateful for having no siblings oh the though of it scares me :ph34r:

Gotta work to feed the soul. I am also trying to get students. Have to compete with four academies in my lane and one of them offers free tuition. How do you beat that? Lolzzz
Left tutoring for a completely different job which i left for joining a software house which i left in October last year for a better job (again) haha
I got my first students through my friend who owned a school he just gave me students he taught
Each one makes us stronger and better and in the end Allah has plans for us all and he knows best and he is the best planner of all. Have full faith in Allah.
Yeah i hope i learn grass aint always greener on the other side :D

Thank you great granpa :what: ?

Yeah man i should be grateful for having no siblings oh the though of it scares me :ph34r:

On a very personal note, whenever I found myself stuck professionally, I found that it helped to look around, grab something to do, and try it with everything that one had for as long as one could. This led to starting in steel, moving to systems and then to defence systems, to teaching and finally to financial consultancy. My profile doesn't look the smooth, slick well-planned one that HR mavens like to see, but it's a survivors' profile.

My thruppence.

@saiyan0321
@Zibago

You notice how you've been manoeuvred by cunning Hindu duplicity into going off-topic? Here comes the warning.

What did we expect? Success in opiumland LOL

Afghan garbage hates Pakistan, but wants to live among us. Too bad considering we have 30 to go.

Last edited:
Left tutoring for a completely different job which i left for joining a software house which i left in October last year for a better job (again) haha
I got my first students through my friend who owned a school he just gave me students he taught

Well I am projecting my law firm as well ( new formed family firm although I am still a law students) with posters during these bar elections. Its a lot of fun although earning is hard. Very hard.

Man everybody gets students like that but that free tuition banner. Lolzz.

Yeah i hope i learn grass aint always greener on the other side :D

It never is. It never ever is. I have learned that a lot of times the grass standing on is pretty greener than others.

On a very personal note, whenever I found myself stuck professionally, I found that it helped to look around, grab something to do, and try it with everything that one had for as long as one could. This led to starting in steel, moving to systems and then to defence systems, to teaching and finally to financial consultancy. My profile doesn't look the smooth, slick well-planned one that HR mavens like to see, but it's a survivors' profile.
But the thing about my latest job has an interesting twist well i was first among 7000 candidates i hope i dont quit this one :-//
I am 24 i need to calm down the storm in my head you just cant be a tutor then work at a fast food joind as a cashier then work in a financial institution(lets not be too obvious :D ) then join a software house and then ............. too much bs before completing my masters :-//

You notice how you've been manoeuvred by cunning Hindu duplicity into going off-topic? Here comes the warning.

And you will notice how in a very pakistani loving way the three of us became closer which is a thousand times more rewarding than some on topic post and it is we who did it.

No mod should give warning for this.

A report by the US Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction says a program by the Defense Department of the United States has spent $675 million USD to revive the Afghan economy, but it could not provide reliable data on where the money went.

“DOD was unable to provide reliable data showing the extent to which TFBSO projects created jobs, facilitated foreign direct investments, increased exports, or increased Afghan government revenues,” the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) said in the report titled DOD Task Force for Business and Stability Operations (TFBSO).

TFBSO's purpose was to fund business-related projects to reduce violence by encouraging Afghans to focus on economic activity rather that fighting. However, the SIGAR report, showed the program to be inept and beyond the Defense Department's capabilities.

"Because important documents and data were not consistently collected or retained, we could not fully assess the extent to which the $675 million obligated by TFBSO was spent effectively," the report said.

TFBSO often had unrealistic expectations in project execution and it failed to account for local factors including politics, culture, weather, and security, SIGAR said.

Much of the $70 billion spent to train Afghan armed forces has been wasted. Here’s how to do better.

The report says that TFBSO did not clearly articulate its intended mission, objectives, and strategy until more than 2.5 years after it entered Afghanistan.

TFBSO’s lack of a strategy, coupled with the confrontational style of TFBSO’s early leadership and a lack of policy direction from State and U.S. Forces-Afghanistan (USFORA), brought it into almost immediate conflict with USAID and State, and also strained TFBSO’s early relationship with the Commander of USFOR-A.

Furthermore, TFBSO did not consistently coordinate its activities with other US government stakeholders in Afghanistan—namely State, USAID, and USFOR-A—leading to conflicting projects and wasted money.

TFBSO’s poor coordination with other agencies diminished its ability to align its activities with the priorities of the USFOR-A Commander and the US Ambassador to Afghanistan.

SIGAR says that it has reviewed the following specifications in the report.

The Task Force for Business and Stability Operations (TFBSO) was a temporary organization created by the Department of Defense (DOD) to support operations in Iraq.

However, in 2009, DOD redirected TFBSO to carry out economic development projects in Afghanistan. TFBSO operated in Afghanistan from 2010 through 2014. Congress appropriated approximately $823 million for TFBSO operations in Afghanistan, and according to contracts we were able to review, TFBSO obligated more than $675 million in contracts.

Of that amount, $316.3 million was obligated in direct support of projects related to agriculture, banking, oil and gas, indigenous industries, and mining. Of the remaining $359.5 million, approximately $299.8 million was obligated on indirect costs in support of TFBSO’s projects and $59.7 million on general and administrative costs.

SIGAR conducted this audit at the request of Senator Charles E. Grassley and then-Senator Kelly A. Ayotte. They sent separate letters in January 2016 requesting that SIGAR conduct a comprehensive performance audit of all TFBSO programs and activities in Afghanistan.
http://www.tolonews.com/afghanistan/us-program-revive-afghan-economy-fails-sigar
We are doing our part by sending in more qualified manpower to help in nation building :angel:
@RealNapster @django @Arsalan

Number one reason why Afghanistan will never see peace, nor can US deliver it, with or without Pakistan's help: the Afghan government is corrupt, incompetent and untrustworthy. If US wants to see progress in Afghanistan it should start by jettisoning the current mafia that runs Kabul.

Number one reason why Afghanistan will never see peace, nor can US deliver it, with or without Pakistan's help: the Afghan government is corrupt, incompetent and untrustworthy. If US wants to see progress it start by jettisoning the current mafia that runs Kabul.
I have sympathies for suffering of ordinary Afghans but i refuse to take blame of an incompetent Afghan govt they cant even stop soldiers from raping children they should blame their own govt for a change it may help ease their suffering

Take another jump. Do law. You will enjoy the elections we have yearly. :p :p
If you know any law college that has classes on weekends i may at the very least fetch their prospectus :D
Doctors and lawyers have no scope only the top 1% make a good living most have a hard time just making ends meet

And you will notice how in a very pakistani loving way the three of us became closer which is a thousand times more rewarding than some on topic post and it is we who did it.

No mod should give warning for this.

Drat. Nabbed. Touche.

Hey look a bird is different from i accept your view in its entirety :angel:

You cunning little blisters! You were on to me all the time, weren't you? :hitwall:

I have sympathies for suffering of ordinary Afghans but i refuse to take blame of an incompetent Afghan govt they cant even stop soldiers from raping children they should blame their own govt for a change it may help ease their suffering

Afghanistan is less of a nation than a collection of fiefdoms. It's a country that lacks national cohesion of any kind. People are only loyal to their clans and that's it.

Afghanistan is less of a nation than a collection of fiefdoms. It's a country that lacks national cohesion of any kind. People are only loyal to their clans and that's it.

I hate to bring it you. Even the clans settle scores by mass murder. Afghanistan is cursed.

Back
Top Bottom