What's new

US Outraged With China’s Runaway Construction in South China Sea

The Americans might push other countries around, 2 countries they will never push around are Russia and China.

China is directly challenging American hegemony.

That's why they are sort of bypassing and instead trying to challenge China through proxies and pawns such as Japan and Vietnam.

It is these countries that will be sacrificed first if China and the US unearth their war axes.

That's why they are sort of bypassing and instead trying to challenge China through proxies and pawns such as Japan and Vietnam.

It is these countries that will be sacrificed first if China and the US unearth their war axes.
Either way we will die. Slowly being crushed by China expansion, or die fighting against it. And we would love to drag someone else to hell with us. That's human nature for you.

Either way we will die. Slowly being crushed by China expansion, or die fighting against it. And we would love to drag someone else to hell with us. That's human nature for you.

China's expansion is not squeezing you. In fact, since 2008, the region has benefited enormously from China as an anchor of stability. You cannot deny that. China contributed the most.

China's expansion is not squeezing you. In fact, since 2008, the region has benefited enormously from China as an anchor of stability. You cannot deny that. China contributed the most.
And who benefit the most from it? China.

And please don't tell me about "squeezing" if you have no idea about living next to a powerful neighbor. I can talk all day long about how much we suffer due to China. Literally, any problems we meet have something relate to China in it.

And who benefit the most from it? China.

And please don't tell me about "squeezing" if you have no idea about living next to a powerful neighbor. I can talk all day long about how much we suffer due to China. Literally, any problems we meet have something relate to China in it.

I guess you do not suffer at all. I know of a time you suffered a lot, but that was not because of China.

I guess you do not suffer at all. I know of a time you suffered a lot, but that was not because of China.
Everyday I pass under the contruction site of the high-railway project, fearing that one beam might fall down and crush me. You might say work safety of a VNese site is not China's responsibility but it is Chinese managers who cannot keep their promise and finish the project on time. And I blame them for that. There are dozens more issues I can name that all lead back to China.

Everyday I pass under the contruction site of the high-railway project, fearing that one beam might fall down and crush me. You might say work safety of a VNese site is not China's responsibility but it is Chinese managers who cannot keep their promise and finish the project on time. And I blame them for that. There are dozens more issues I can name that all lead back to China.

That's rather simplistic way of feeling squeezed.

What you need is simply to mobilize Vietnam's exceptional construction capability and do your own HSR yourself.

Look, we build our own and never feel the threat of falling objects. In fact. China's HSR carries several hundred people every year. The largest in the world.

Last edited:

WTF? That 'Chinese expansion' is the number one reason for Vietnam having jobs. Every country on earth would envy Vietnam's close proximity to China. They invest, purchase raw materials and build FOREIGN infrastructure. In theory, if you gave China carte blanche, they'd build dozens of metro lines in Ho Chi Minh city and Hanoi in a couple of years. On credit with low interest rates too. That's China for you. Or would you like a nice little IMF loan? They'd want you selling your parents and children to ever get them off your back.

WTF? That 'Chinese expansion' is the number one reason for Vietnam having jobs. Every country on earth would envy Vietnam's close proximity to China. They invest, purchase raw materials and build FOREIGN infrastructure. In theory, if you gave China carte blanche, they'd build dozens of metro lines in Ho Chi Minh city and Hanoi in a couple of years. On credit with low interest rates too. That's China for you. Or would you like a nice little IMF loan? They'd want you selling your parents and children to ever get them off your back.
Either you are naive, or you are trying to sound naive. China buy raw materials from us at a low price, and cut a huge amount of money on transportation because we are neighbor. Then they export processed materials back to us, not on international price and mess up our economy badly (try google about Chinese steel on VN). Oh and about infrastructure, let me tell you a story: last time when we let Chinese help building roads in northen provinces, in the 1979 war they had almost all the exact cordinates for artillery strike on our troops positions. Now with precision missiles, what they can do to our cities? Another bonus story: China helped us build police HQ, but the police never holds any important meetings there because they fear China might eardroping. Most tech China tranfers to us are either out-dated or have problems (polluting, unsafe, wasteful, etc), and we are tech-dependent on China because China and the West tech hardly share the same standard. Not to mention out of 3 countries that we have border with, most drugs are from China. So no, we are not happy with China expansion.

That's rather simplistic way of feeling squeezed.

What you need is simply to mobilize Vietnam's exceptional construction capability and do your own HSR yourself.

Look, we build our own and never feel the threat of falling objects. In fact. China's HSR carries several hundred people every year. The largest in the world.
Believe me, if I had the power to change the world, I would. But I am but a simple man trying to pass the normal life, with some time to kill on PDF. What I say might or might not be the truth, and certainly not reflecting the feeling of all VNese around. I am simply voicing my opinions.

Either you are naive, or you are trying to sound naive. China buy raw materials from us at a low price, and cut a huge amount of money on transportation because we are neighbor. Then they export processed materials back to us, not on international price and mess up our economy badly (try google about Chinese steel on VN). Oh and about infrastructure, let me tell you a story: last time when we let Chinese help building roads in northen provinces, in the 1979 war they had almost all the exact cordinates for artillery strike on our troops positions. Now with precision missiles, what they can do to our cities? Another bonus story: China helped us build police HQ, but the police never holds any important meetings there because they fear China might eardroping. Most tech China tranfers to us are either out-dated or have problems (polluting, unsafe, wasteful, etc), and we are tech-dependent on China because China and the West tech hardly share the same standard. Not to mention out of 3 countries that we have border with, most drugs are from China. So no, we are not happy with China expansion.

What you say could be true, but that's reality. I mean, China is just a LOT bigger economically, a LOT more advanced tech wise etc etc. So what would you want China to do? NOT invest in your economy? NOT build your infrastructure? Who else will do it? Europe? Africa? It is YOUR job, as Vietnam, to make the most of it. To push China to do good things in your country, and to transfer technology, EXACTLY like China has done during the last 30 years Nobody gives out freebies. Vietnam has a hard working population, is low cost and has a totalitarian government. Meaning you have all the ingredients to become a mini-China (mini as in 100 million people, you'd still be the biggest European country by far). Vietnam can grow rapidly and become a high-middle income country in 15 years. It's YOU who has to do it. Aside from silly fears of 'artillery coordinates' and eavesdropping on a local police station. Why the hell would China go to war with Vietnam? Even for those silly islands, they won't do it.

What you say could be true, but that's reality. I mean, China is just a LOT bigger economically, a LOT more advanced tech wise etc etc. So what would you want China to do? NOT invest in your economy? NOT build your infrastructure? Who else will do it? Europe? Africa? It is YOUR job, as Vietnam, to make the most of it. To push China to do good things in your country, and to transfer technology, EXACTLY like China has done during the last 30 years Nobody gives out freebies. Vietnam has a hard working population, is low cost and has a totalitarian government. Meaning you have all the ingredients to become a mini-China (mini as in 100 million people, you'd still be the biggest European country by far). Vietnam can grow rapidly and become a high-middle income country in 15 years. It's YOU who has to do it. Aside from silly fears of 'artillery coordinates' and eavesdropping on a local police station. Why the hell would China go to war with Vietnam? Even for those silly islands, they won't do it.
Capitalism requires a period of building up resources. Europe earned theirs from Africa. US conquered the Indian to rise to power. Where do you think a capitalist China get their money from? The West? No, while US and the West were busying playing cold games with Soviet, China had been silently got there web of profit around the world. NK, Pakistan, Egypt, Argentina, VN... have traded with China for a long time. We gain and lose things in trade, that's natural. But when we lose things outside of trade, then naturally that itself will affect trade. The thing is China steps out of the line and uses trade as a tool to threat our security. That's why we becomes hostile with Chinese business.

My fear is not silly, because that was what happened in 1979. You called it a local police station, while it actually the building of Ministry of Public Security. Last time, all China needed was to give VN a lesson and tens of thousands people died. What can stops them from giving a second lesson when VN is repeating the same step, leaning to another power but not China?

Back
Top Bottom