What's new

US offers strong support to rebuild Pakistan’s economy

@Wood check out your American slaves you support
dude why are you so frickin cringe man :lol:
he is an Indian, who tf cares about who he supports or does not support?

it's as stupid as Indians tagging random Pakistanis in their political topics and saying why do you support BJP or Congress or whatever, look they are American slaves (as if an indian should care about if he is American, zionist slaves- if anything hed like that) you know how dumb this looks
everyone can share their opinions but "support" of non-Pakistani is absolutely irrelevant

Pakistan's total external debt until 2014 = 60 billion dollars
Pakistan's total external debt in 2022 = 130 billion dollars
A debt increase of 70 billion dollars in just 8 years
View attachment 845195
Now look at Pakistan's exports growth in the same time
View attachment 845196
Who is responsible? @Ssan
Yup, N-league govt screwed things up. Debt is also going up too unf.

But exports have also been increasing rapidly. Ofc weaker currency helps, right thing to do would be to convert this to dollars and compare the numbers.

Attachments

• 673EB2E2-4A6D-4248-A3DC-BEE85EB5DA6C.jpeg
    673EB2E2-4A6D-4248-A3DC-BEE85EB5DA6C.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 24
Patwari spotted
again same here , he is a frickin indian
who tf cares about their opinions on Pak politics?

dude why are you so frickin cringe man :lol:
he is an Indian, who tf cares about who he supports or does not support?

it's as stupid as Indians tagging random Pakistanis in their political topics and saying why do you support BJP or Congress or whatever, look they are American slaves (as if an indian should care about if he is American, zionist slaves- if anything hed like that) you know how dumb this looks
everyone can share their opinions but "support" of non-Pakistani is absolutely irrelevant

@Wood check out your American slaves you support
I don't know why you think this video shows an American slave?! It just shows a political leader interacting with American diplomat. Happens everywhere. I'm sure that American politicians interact with Pakistani diplomats too. Does it mean that the Americans are slave of Pakistan? :disagree:

Sri Lanka can no longer import fuel because its foreign exchange reserves have run out. You want Pakistan to end up like them? It's better to stop this mindless import obsession now than later when you have no reserves left to burn
the problem is our extreme dependency on external factors. Consider this for a second (thats me putting my product management hat), we don't have the ability to convert our 'produce' into a usable product ourselves. That is a big problem and no one has tried to solve this. We can't harvest our natural resources and turn them into sellable and usable product.
That being said, I would definitely not go towards the route of defaulting though... My two cents

the problem is our extreme dependency on external factors. Consider this for a second (thats me putting my product management hat), we don't have the ability to convert our 'produce' into a usable product ourselves. That is a big problem and no one has tried to solve this. We can't harvest our natural resources and turn them into sellable and usable product.
That being said, I would definitely not go towards the route of defaulting though... My two cents
Then no one can help you when you are 70 years old country and can't export products by your own knowledge

Is it me or are Pakistanis selling themselves pretty cheap?

Air corridor / US bases in Pakistan achieve multiple objectives for USA.

Keep Afghanistan / Taliban / TTP/ other terrorist groups in check

Keeps a close eyes on China

Keeps a close eye on Central Asian Republics

Keeps Gwadar and natural resources in check

USA can create trouble in Balochistan with ease

USA can monitor Pakistan’s strategic assets

Heck for all this, Pakistani establishment is selling their ammis for a billion $? Bro, if you want to sell your imaan, then go all out.
This US takeover AGAIN of Pakistan's govt makes me sad and i hate it. I love avg Pakistani person, but i strongly dislike Pakistan's govt now. US's succesful coup in Pakistan recently is very bad for Pakistan and its future, but i wont say more than that now. Pakistanis have been through alot- at hand of snake govt and US govt. smh. karma will return at the right time though.

Hours after Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari arrived in New York on Tuesday for a series of meetings with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken, a State Department spokesperson assured Pakistan of strong US support for their efforts to rebuild the Pakistani economy.The United States “will continue to work bilaterally on ways to grow investment and trade opportunities to build a prosperous and stable Pakistan,” the spokesperson told Dawn in Washington.The United States also “welcomes the ongoing International Monetary Fund (IMF) deliberations with Pakistan,” the spokesperson added.Also, IMF sources in Washington confirmed that Pakistan and the IMF would start their review talks in Doha on Wednesday (today) to strike a staff-level agreement for the release of a $1 billion tranche under an Extended Fund Facility (EFF).The week-long review will be an opportunity for Pakistan to convince the IMF to revive a stalled $6bn package for stabilising its cash-starved economy.

It's like offering aid to Japan or Vietnam after bombing those countries to stone age...
😡😡😡

they need to support it... after all the american did bring them in

-لہجہ سخت تھا مگر بات بلکل ثھیک کرتا تھا

How? There are no international banking sanctions on Pakistan. China could have given Pakistan $ without interest anytime. US cannot stop this. Pakistan could have also managed to export more to China if the Chinese gave Pakistan exclusive access to their markets. US cannot stop this as well. US did not stop Imran from getting IMF loans, did it? US has no obligation to help Imran when he bashed America to capture domestic power. I think the blame is unsubstantiated :what:

Why would china do that ?

When the loss of security, economy and progress was due to USA waging wars in our backyard ?

These are the top 10 imports (2020 data):

Mineral fuels including oil: US$10.3 billion (22.5% of total imports)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $4.6 billion (9.9%)
Machinery including computers: $4.1 billion (8.9%)
Iron, steel: $3.2 billion (6.9%)
Animal/vegetable fats, oils, waxes: $2.25 billion (4.9%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $2.17 billion (4.7%)
Organic chemicals: $2.13 billion (4.7%)
Vehicles: $1.44 billion (3.1%)
Cotton: $1.39 billion (3%)
Oil seeds: $1.28 billion (2.8%)
Pakistan’s top 10 imports accounted for 71.5% of the overall value of its product purchases from other countries.

The point here is that nearly three-fourths of the imports are essential, at least, if not more.
If this data is correct, then Pakistan already does not import much "luxury " products. Looks like only bare minimum is being imported. Imports are already heavily taxed and import tax is a big part of revenue for govt. Banning luxury items will not have any noticeable impact on CAD. However if aggressive import bans are applied, tax revenues will be significantly hit .

Making import expensive will also lead to increase in the cost of goods that are used to produce exportable products. And create further barriers that incentivise firms to sell to a local captive market of 250 million , then to compete globally.

Very catch 22 situation. Managing CAD vs Fiscal Deficit.That too in commodity super cycle and friends unwilling to help. Your suggestion suddenly starts making some sense.

Why would china do that ?

When the loss of security, economy and progress was due to USA waging wars in our backyard ?
It is not that China should do such things. But more like if China (it any other country) did so, the US did not stop them. China was an example to make the point because it is a relatively wealthy ally of Pakistan. So the assertion that US 'blocked' $ flow into Pakistan is not true.

If this data is correct, then Pakistan already does not import much "luxury " products. Looks like only bare minimum is being imported. Imports are already heavily taxed and import tax is a big part of revenue for govt. Banning luxury items will not have any noticeable impact on CAD. However if aggressive import bans are applied, tax revenues will be significantly hit .

Making import expensive will also lead to increase in the cost of goods that are used to produce exportable products. And create further barriers that incentivise firms to sell to a local captive market of 250 million , then to compete globally.

Very catch 22 situation. Managing CAD vs Fiscal Deficit.That too in commodity super cycle and friends unwilling to help. Your suggestion suddenly starts making some sense.

One needs to consider all aspects, including the ones you mention, of course.

Back
Top Bottom