What's new

US Navy to China: We'll continue operations in South China Sea

Since you said your country has the power to invoke tsunami, it means your country can create tsunami, and you approve of using natural disaster as a way to attack other nations that are against China by inflicting human losses.

You're just hallucinate, I meant Tsunami so you guys can enjoy this (see below picture), we're peace loving people :lol:

wave-rider-merlene-pozzi.jpg

The US free to watch China's development efforts. They could simply subscribe to Global Times print edition to get the latest updates, but, if they want to observe it first hand in the more expensive, way, they can do that.

Development is not to be slowed down, let alone halted.

Two paradigms, one is dying (that of the US) the other is just awakening.

One is military-based and coercive, the other is development-based and consensus-based.

China has never saught US approval for its sovereign acts, it won't be changing at this point, as well.

The US free to watch China's development efforts. They could simply subscribe to Global Times print edition to get the latest updates, but, if they want to observe it first hand in the more expensive, way, they can do that.

Development is not to be slowed down, let alone halted.

Two paradigms, one is dying (that of the US) the other is just awakening.

One is military-based and coercive, the other is development-based and consensus-based.

China has never saught US approval for its sovereign acts, it won't be changing at this point, as well.

The whole arbitration, ruling and the pressure coming from US and JP after the verdict turned out to be nothing but a mere comedian entertainment to the world as China gave them a gigantic middle finger. Up to 71 countries supported China's stance, everybody knew there was something fishy going on with the appointment of the judges by a right wing Japanese, even the Cambodian PM revealed that the Japanese tried to threaten Cambodia if they didn't show support to the Pinoys. Abe and US tried to force China to respect the outcome plus everybody ignored Abe's cries in Ulan Bator and kept quiet. Abe must have looked like an embarrassd fool in front of everyone. What is the US and the West gonna do if China does not accept? Sanction the worlds biggest trading nation? :rofl: But the most important part of this political game is the display of raw power from the PLA. Over 100 ships, including bombers and fighters showed the US and the SCS region what the DRAGON is really capable of. The world now sees how pathetic US really is, and in order to save face, Richardson rushed to China to have a cup of tea and a friendly chat with our Admiral. China does not take orders from US, it is the Yankees that listen very carefully to what China has to say about the matter. Now Russia even took this opportunity to slap the Americans again with the planned Naval drill. :lol:

Abe and US tried to force China to respect the outcome plus everybody ignored Abe's cries in Ulan Bator and kept quiet. Abe must have looked like an embarrassd fool in front of everyone.

I really do not understand Mr. Abe.

I would not feel disappointed at Mr. Abe if I really believed this kind of overt anti-China posture would assist Japan in any way. But it does not.

This move is more stupid than Mr. Abe standing by the US strongly at the height of Ukrainian/Crimean crisis.

In the end, it was Mr. Abe falling on his knees in front of Mr. Putin.

What makes Mr. Abe thinks that China is less important for Japan than Russia?

I would not feel disappointed at Mr. Abe if I really believed this kind of overt anti-China posture would assist Japan in any way. But it does not.

This move is more stupid than Mr. Abe standing by the US strongly at the height of Ukrainian/Crimean crisis.

There is no method in this JP madness. Most JP people are still for peace and pacifist constituition.

It is only a small clique that is formenting troubles for JP. JP's future lies with China as does SK.

JP is not neither a great power nor an economic power house. Its policies must reflect that.

The US will one day leave. It will happen sooner than later.

JP should have the wisdom and foresight to not become a trouble maker. This is harming JP more than anyone else. Maybe this clique doesn't love JP.

My personal opinion remains that the 9 Dashed Lines of China in the South China Sea is a Chinese over-reach. But when Bush and Blair attacked Iraq in 2003 they lost the moral high ground to criticize China or Russia over the latter countries' potential breaches of international norms.
And it is correct to say that there is nothing America could do to stop China from creating 'Facts on the Water' by building these islands.

Actually there's a reason why Abe is doing this and it's not because his master told him to do so. Abe wanted Japan to emerge as a first rate country by having a stronger military, he could not bear the 2nd rate image the world has of Japan which is an occupied country. Abe also views China as an economic/military threat which happens to be parallel with US perspective of China. Thus America loosened some grip of the chain around Japan's neck resulting in more nationalistic sentiments from Abe and other right wing Japanese politicians as they hype the rise of China as the factor for destabilizing the SCS regional stability. Now Abe has the right excuse for the military buildup projecting itself as the defender of peace. He came up with the diamond strategy to contain China but in the end failed miserably. The recent meeting in Mongolia reflects this once again as ASEAN members were all quiet while Abe kept on hammering China should respect the verdict. The idea of using all ASEAN members to contain a mighty Dragon who is rising rapidly is a delusional fantasy and that is an understatement.

China cant win in a conventional war against a SINGLE CARRIER Battle groups communist government knows about it and the USA have ten of these. The only thing that Chinese communist will do is bark.

I bet even Japan alone can obliterate China.

You know that you dont have to take a stand against China just because your daddy hates China? right?

Land reclaimation on the Qilianyu(7-Island Chain) is going strong.

The building of 3 large suction dredgers for land reclaimation at Huangyandao is also proceeding according to schedule.

The work on Huangyandao is calculated to be more than the total of 7 reclaimations undertook in the SCS so far. :o::-)

My personal opinion remains that the 9 Dashed Lines of China in the South China Sea is a Chinese over-reach.

My friend, the 9 or 11-dashed line does not draw sea boundaries. It reflects sovereignty over the physical sea features only (islands, rocks, LTEs) in the enclosed area.

The waters are regional and international waters except for the TS, CS and the EEZs generated by the four island groups. That's based on historical title.

China has never threatened freedom and safety of navigation in the said area or elsewhere. How could it, given that China is the largest sea-trade nation in the world?

Actually there's a reason why Abe is doing this and it's not because his master told him to do so. Abe wanted Japan to emerge as a first rate country by having a stronger military, he could not bear the 2nd rate image the world has of Japan which is an occupied country. Abe also views China as an economic/military threat which happens to be parallel with US perspective of China. Thus America loosened some grip of the chain around Japan's neck resulting in more nationalistic sentiments from Abe and other right wing Japanese politicians as they hype the rise of China as the factor for destabilizing the SCS regional stability. Now Abe has the right excuse for the military buildup projecting itself as the defender of peace. He came up with the diamond strategy to contain China but in the end failed miserably. The recent meeting in Mongolia reflects this once again as ASEAN members were all quiet while Abe kept on hammering China should respect the verdict. The idea of using all ASEAN members to contain a mighty Dragon who is rising rapidly is a delusional fantasy and that is an understatement.

I guess what Abe misses is that there cannot be military strength without the full backing of economic strength. Japan does not enjoy the privilege of printing unlimited amount of paper money and outsourcing inflation-- unlike the US does.

Obviously Japan is already a significant economic powerhouse, but I believe it will need a healthier economy if Abe really wants to confront China head on.

For this, Japan needs China.

It is like catch 22 for Japan.

Abe also wanted to play tough during Ukrainian crisis, but was shown its real place by Putin. I do not know what it should be different this time with China. Putin was/is under sanctions. China is enjoying record trade surplus with US.

Militarized Japan does not fit in this picture in any way other than being an annoying pest.

Land reclaimation on the Qilianyu(7-Island Chain) is going strong.

The building of 3 large suction dredgers for land reclaimation at Huangyandao is also proceeding according to schedule.

The work on Huangyandao is calculated to be more than the total of 7 reclaimations undertook in the SCS so far. :o::-)

Looks like China's silent development diplomacy in the SCS (amidst the dust and noise created by the Arbitration) is going well.

The situation appears to be more feasible for speedy development.

I guess what Abe misses is that there cannot be military strength without the full backing of economic strength. Japan does not enjoy the privilege of printing unlimited amount of paper money and outsourcing inflation-- unlike the US does.

Obviously Japan is already a significant economic powerhouse, but I believe it will need a healthier economy if Abe really wants to confront China head on.

For this, Japan needs China.

It is like catch 22 for Japan.

Abe also wanted to play tough during Ukrainian crisis, but was shown its real place by Putin. I do not know what it should be different this time with China. Putin was/is under sanctions. China is enjoying record trade surplus with US.

Militarized Japan does not fit in this picture in any way other than being an annoying pest.
In my opinion it's already too late for Japan. Yes Japan is the 3rd biggest economy and rightfully deserved to be called a powerhouse in that regard. It used to be the leading nation when it comes down to electronics as well. But facing tough competitions from SK and China, Japan is feeling the heat up to its neck. Abe only harms the interest of Japan by agitating China. For him it's a dilemma, on one hand he fears Japan cannot prevent China from getting Daioyu island back thus the urgent need of militarization is understandable, on the other hand by depicting China as the rising threat will only put Japan in a tough spot if it wants more economic cooperation.

In my opinion it's already too late for Japan. Yes Japan is the 3rd biggest economy and rightfully deserved to be called a powerhouse in that regard. It used to be the leading nation when it comes down to electronics as well. But facing tough competitions from SK and China, Japan is feeling the heat up to its neck. Abe only harms the interest of Japan by agitating China. For him it's a dilemma, on one hand he fears Japan cannot prevent China from getting Daioyu island back thus the urgent need of militarization is understandable, on the other hand by depicting China as the rising threat will only put Japan in a tough spot if it wants more economic cooperation.

Yours and @TaiShang analysis is quite correct.

But also there is an identity crisis in JP that we are ignoring.

Right wing politician are desperately trying to reinvent JPs identity.

What is JP? Where does it stand in the world now?

When it was a number 2 economy it could find solace in that fact and have national prestige.

Now loosing that spot to China has had deep psychological effect on their pschy.

This so called throwing JP weight around and not getting the desired response is also having a negative effect on their pschy.

The JP nationalists see things through existential angle now.

This aspect we have ingnored.

Miltarily JP can not be a threat to China anymore. They feel only stronger because of the US.

That they are seeing the writing on the wall for their occupation of ECS also add to this existential angst.

So what can be done?

How can we manage this angst?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom