What's new

US Navy commander : Iran capable of striking a blow to the US Navy, forces

arian....what you talking bout?? iran is trying to enrich uranium well above what is needed for power supply.. that is fairly simple.. why enrich it more then u need to unless your after something else other then power?

Do you want me to explain to you again why Iran needs 20% LEU?

LOL if we get the bomb we will be bomb?

first who are you to say what we need? second name me on country that usa dared to bomb that has the bomb?
nukes are for deterring the enemy...

get rid of israel bomb first then come talk to us.

hey im all for israel not having them either!!.. but they do..

this is a bit different i think.. i think if u do get a nuke.. u will get attacked..

I hope Iran teaches them a lesson they don't forget soon.

I hope the U.S. will teach them a lesson they don't forget forever. I like this Commander's view because it was like Gulf War 1 when we assumed that Iraq will commit the Mother of All Battles.

MANAMA, Bahrain – The top U.S. Navy official in the Gulf said Sunday he takes Iran's military capabilities seriously but insists his forces are prepared to confront any Iranian aggression in the region.
Vice Adm. Mark Fox, commander of the 5th Fleet, told reporters at the naval force's Bahrain headquarters that the Navy has "built a wide range of potential options to give the president" and is "ready today" to confront any hostile action by Tehran.
He did not outline specifically how the Navy might answer an Iranian strike or an effort to shut the entrance to the Persian Gulf, though any response would likely involve the two U.S. aircraft carriers and other warships cruising the waters off Iran.

"We've developed very precise and lethal weapons that are very effective, and we're prepared," Fox said. "We're just ready for any contingency."
Faced with tightening Western sanctions, Iranian officials have stepped up threats to close the Strait of Hormuz if the country's oil exports are blocked. A fifth of the world's oil supply passes through the narrow waterway, which is only about 30 miles (50 kilometers) across at its narrowest point.
Iran and Oman share control of the waterway, but it is considered an international strait, meaning free transit passage is guaranteed under international law.
Iran's army chief, Gen. Ataollah Salehi, early last month warned an American warship not to return to the Gulf shortly after the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis and another vessel left. Another carrier, the USS Abraham Lincoln, entered the Gulf without incident on Jan. 22.
Fox acknowledged that Iran's military is "capable of striking a blow" against American forces in the Gulf, particularly using unconventional means such as small attack boats or mines laid along shipping lanes.
"We're not bulletproof. There are people that can take a swipe at us," Fox said.
But he added that he has reminded officers under his command that they "have a right and an obligation of self defense" if attacked.
The admiral's comments echo those of other Western officials, who say they will respond swiftly to any Iranian attempt to shut the Strait of Hormuz.
Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, told CBS' "Face the Nation" last month that Iranian forces could block shipping through the strait "for a period of time," but added, "We can defeat that."
In his briefing in the Bahraini capital Manama, Fox voiced support for the tiny island nation that has hosted U.S. Navy vessels for decades.
"They are a long-term partner and a very important piece of our ability to do our mission," he said of the country.
Bahrain has been rocked by protests led by the country's majority Shiites against the country's Sunni monarchy that erupted in force a year ago. Street battles between security forces and protesters still flare up almost daily in the predominantly Shiite villages around the capital.
Fox's command encompasses the bulk of the Middle East, including the Red Sea, the Persian Gulf and a large swath of the Indian Ocean along the east African coast. There are about 25,000 sailors under his command.

Read more: US Admiral Says Navy Forces Are Prepared To Confront Iran | Fox News

you dont need it.. what your trying to do is destabilize the region and try to gain military superiority

countries have had nukes for decades and nothing happened to iran... n the only reason why iran is in spotlight is because it is trying to get nuclear weapons... if you didnt.. all would be well.. if all u wanted was power to supply to ur cities.. that would be fine.. but u have to try go extra length...

another thing u should realise... if u get the bomb.. you will get bombed.. is it really worth it?

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

arian....what you talking bout?? iran is trying to enrich uranium well above what is needed for power supply.. that is fairly simple.. why enrich it more then u need to unless your after something else other then power?
Gush you are a joke.Brainwashed is best word i can use here.How do you know Iran is making weapons?just because Israel or US say or you have a proof for that?i'd be glad if you could share it for us too.

Iran is enriching Uranium to 19.75% for Tehran research reactor which provides medicine for about 800,000 patients in Iran which is vital for them.We requested IAEA to provide it for us(Which is every IAEA member's right) and they played cat and mouse with us so we started producing it ourselves.Ahmadinejad himself said enriching Uranium to 20% costs us more than buying it,but until they give it to us without any preconditions,we will continue enriching.So how the hell did you come up with this lie that we produce more than we need?

Yes, a mosquito can bite a lion.
Comparing Israel and Iran? 100% agree with you:tup:

Gush you are a joke.Brainwashed is best word i can use here.How do you know Iran is making weapons?just because Israel or US say or you have a proof for that?i'd be glad if you could share it for us too.

Iran is enriching Uranium to 19.75% for Tehran research reactor which provides medicine for about 800,000 patients in Iran which is vital for them.We requested IAEA to provide it for us(Which is every IAEA member's right) and they played cat and mouse with us so we started producing it ourselves.Ahmadinejad himself said enriching Uranium to 20% costs us more than buying it,but until they give it to us without any preconditions,we will continue enriching.So how the hell did you come up with this lie that we produce more than we need?

Comparing Israel and Iran? 100% agree with you:tup:
No, today`s Iran is more of a bacterial disease like Gonorrhea.

a spade calling a spade

israel is no better then iran, in fact i think they are worse.

Era_923

if your country would open up, let inspectors in and let them inspect everything whenever they want, work along side with the UN and you would see sanctions lifted and they would help you in regards to your needs in the field.

^^IAEI inspectors demand visiting every military facility they like, they wanted to even visit missile bases. Sory but that is not possible, they can inspect anything related to nuclear works under NPT. infact i dnt think any country would allow IAEI unlimited access to all of their military bases

If they have the bomb then we will also get it, its very simple.

we're an ancient civilization and dont need these yankees telling us what we can and cant have.
Iranian leaders are not Iranian people, persian people will never become a friends to the yanks, even if we get a Zoroastrian republic of Iran.

But that would be a massive change triggered in first place. It would totally change the political landscape of your country and open up many more countries that were initially apprehensive about engaging with you.

^^IAEI inspectors demand visiting every military facility they like, they wanted to even visit missile bases. Sory but that is not possible, they can inspect anything related to nuclear works under NPT. infact i dnt think any country would allow IAEI unlimited access to all of their military bases
As I know, US is worry about your nuclear-capable ballistic missiles more than your uranium enrichment, that why, they wanna check all of your missile bases.
But the revelation never went any further. It was not picked up by any American, Western or Israeli official although Hague was a good deal more explicit and his information more up-to-date than the IAEA report.

Nuclear warheads already mounted on missiles – and tested

Our military sources report that three tests of nuclear-capable missiles were carried out between October 2010 and February 2011; the fourth mentioned by Hague in June this year. Today, Iran has in its arsenal two types of nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, the Shahab-3 Kadar and the Sejil, both of them powered by solid fuel with ranges of up to 2,510 kilometers and both tested in the series beginning in October 2010.

Two Shahab tests were a success; the Sejil failed.
Shahab-3 Kadar was successfully tested again in June.
All these experiments focused on the performance and accuracy of the nuclear warheads.
Our military sources report that after launching the 27-kilogram Omid earth satellite in February 2009, the Iranians knew they had a missile capable of a 330-kilogram payload capacity
Iran’s Nuclear Warheads Were Edited out of the Nuclear Agency Report «

this kinda statements is common for USA before going to start a war. @$$h0les this is the problem with super powers. I wish my country could be economical super power than military.

No, today`s Iran is more of a bacterial disease like Gonorrhea.
And Israel is the cancer

a spade calling a spade

Era_923

if your country would open up, let inspectors in and let them inspect everything whenever they want, work along side with the UN and you would see sanctions lifted and they would help you in regards to your needs in the field.
How many times should i explain?read again what i wrote.ALL Iran's nuclear facilities are under FULL IAEA supervision 24/7.Is that really hard to understand?

Yes, a mosquito can bite a lion.
Just hope its not the dengue one ! Otherwise you will die if you dont receive treatment quickly ( economic revival ) :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom