What's new

US Missiles Kill 54 Militants in Pakistan

mshoaib61

Reaction score
Country
United States
PESHAWAR, Pakistan - Three American missile attacks killed 54 alleged militants Friday close to the Afghan border, an unusually high number of victims that included commanders of a Taliban-allied group that were holding a meeting, Pakistani officials said.
The attacks took place in the Khyber tribal region, which has been rarely struck by American missiles before over the last three years. That could indicate a possible expansion of the CIA-led covert campaign of drone strikes inside Pakistani territory.
The Obama administration has intensified missile attacks in northwest Pakistan since taking office, desperate to weaken insurgent networks there that U.S. officials say are behind much of the violence against U.S. troops just across the frontier in Afghanistan.

US Missiles Kill 54 Militants in Pakistan

woooooooooooooo........54 in one single strike good job ...commendable bravo..!!!!keep it up

Seems to be targeting TTP groups. Well done.

I think these drone attacks will have a huge backlash. And because of the US's insolence, their soldiers in Afghanistan and our soldiers in Pakistan, as well as the regular Pakistani people will have to suffer. We are only exacerbating the situation there. There is no way of identifying who an innocent, and who a TTP terrorist is. I have no sympathy for the TTP scum, and I wish they are exterminated, but this is just going to make things worse. Hope I'm proven wrong. I also dislike Pakistan's sovereignty being completely violated over and over again, and no one doing anything about it. I just hope all of this is over soon, the situation in FATA and NWFP has a huge bearing on other parts of Pakistan, and that is not good for the country. If Obama thinks he is going to win the hearts and minds of people by constantly bombing their country and violating their sovereignty, then he is completely out of his mind. This is the war that will eventually be won by hearts and minds.

Last edited:
The way i see it, some local people gathered for some Moharram religious gathering, and americans bombed them.

and whats up with these drone strikes specially when chinese premier is visting Pakistan..

and whats up with these drone strikes specially when chinese premier is visting Pakistan..

They want to show us that who is true friend of Pakistan? The one who is signing deals and agreements to help the people and economy of Pakistan or the one so called ally who is bombing our country. :china:

I am very much sure that after some time Americans would accept themselves that these guys were civilians and not terrorists. Great going yankees, Lord Devil is very happy of you guys in your efforts to destroy this world.
:angry:

54 alleged militants
Alleged being the key word. No independent proof or verification as to who these individuals are. We know that innocents are being killed, we cannot applaud such actions without knowing the whole truth.

Just two days ago, this happened:

"..Earlier, a Nato airstrike in the southern province of Helmand killed four Afghan soldiers who were mistaken for militants, Afghan officials said..."
NATO Strike Kills Afghan Troops

Now killiing soldiers would've got out and you can't bury that news. But you can hide news when it comes to killing so-called militants. It has happened plenty of times when 'alleged militants' or AQ turn out to be innocent civilians.

We need to react with deep suspicion when we're told who these individuals are.

US Tracks these targets for weeks if not months and then there is joint ground intelligence by ISI and CIA and then there is voice and image intercepts and then these attacks are a go.

Its not like these attacks are launched by trigger happy pilots but are carefully targeted attacks.

As for innocent claim, I have been hearing that for years and so far most of these attacks have been spot on.

Perhaps thousands of Pakistani lives have been saved by killing so many terrorists who were undoubtedly planning terrorist attacks inside Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom