What's new

US may use 'military means' to defend Afghanistan until 2024

When the U.S. was in the area, there were no Taliban. They came to be after we left and warlords left over from the Soviet fight started to carve out small warring fiefs.

There is a wrong notion here that U.S propped up Taliban.

USSR withdrew in 1989.
USA closed its embassy in Afghanistan for security reasons in 1989.
Civil war between various warloads from 1989 - 1993.
Taliban became active in 1993/94.

The question should be the other way around - Who would defend Afghanistan against Taliban? The only one is US at this time.

c'mon, we all know that the talibian is only an accuse for the usa to invade and occupy afganhistan. don't be so naive now.

.... When you have Mayawati and Laloo as CMs (now both are ex but the spending need to happen over a decade to reap the benefits) in those states, the money spent there will be money down the drain.

hahahahahh!

you are funny dear bro! You say Lallu and Maya are corrupt so Dilli should not spend $money there.
But in the same breath you support spending $billions on Karazai. Hhhaahhahah. So Karazai is the epitome of "Un-corrupt"? You gotta know a bit more about Afghanistan.

peace.

I'm inclined to say that there is a high chance of Talibans taking over after US leaves afghanistan.

Well you sir, don't know much.

The Taliban have been reduced to a pathetic guerrilla fighting force that is only capable of blowing up civilians and then running.

As every day goes past, the Afghani government gets stronger.

When the U.S. was in the area, there were no Taliban. They came to be after we left and warlords left over from the Soviet fight started to carve out small warring fiefs.

FYI. Descendants of the same warlords formed new groups. And one of such groups called itself Talibobs. Nobody "created" them. Not Pakistan, Not USA, Not Saudi.

Then these Talibobs offered up their services to the highest bidder. Pakistani, USA, Saudi had old connections with many of Talibob's fathers. So the trio offered up some money.

However when Talibobs tried to become independent, Pak-US-Sauid stopped the money supply. Too bad that Ben-fing Ladeen's group quickly replaced the lost money and supplemented money with social network (yes folks social networking has been around long before facebook and twitter). That's how Ben Ladeen snatched away Talibobs from Pakistan+USA+Saudi alliance.

Y'all gotta read up a bit more. New York times will not tell you the whole story.

peace.

hahahahahh!

you are funny dear bro! You say Lallu and Maya are corrupt so Dilli should not spend $money there.
But in the same breath you support spending $billions on Karazai. Hhhaahhahah. So Karazai is the epitome of "Un-corrupt"? You gotta know a bit more about Afghanistan.

peace.

Mate - The $4 bill is for defence forces - not for general development purposes. Do you think US is going to handover the $4 bill dollars to Karzai and twiddle its fingers? US will have its contractors and advisors through whom all the spending will happen.

Mate - The $4 bill is for defence forces - not for general development purposes. Do you think US is going to handover the $4 bill dollars to Karzai and twiddle its fingers? US will have its contractors and advisors through whom all the spending will happen.

Smart man! We were discussing Indian spending $billion in Afghanistan. And you do the switcharoo by talking about American money going to Afghanistan.

You Sir, justified Indian money going to Af by saying you can't spend the same money on BIMARU states because Lallu and Maya are corrupt.

Oh well. Such is the state of mind of some Indian posters.

FYI. Descendants of the same warlords formed new groups. And one of such groups called itself Talibobs. Nobody "created" them. Not Pakistan, Not USA, Not Saudi.

Then these Talibobs offered up their services to the highest bidder. Pakistani, USA, Saudi had old connections with many of Talibob's fathers. So the trio offered up some money.

However when Talibobs tried to become independent, Pak-US-Sauid stopped the money supply. Too bad that Ben-fing Ladeen's group quickly replaced the lost money and supplemented money with social network (yes folks social networking has been around long before facebook and twitter). That's how Ben Ladeen snatched away Talibobs from Pakistan+USA+Saudi alliance.

Y'all gotta read up a bit more. New York times will not tell you the whole story.

peace.

While I have to claim ignorance on the US providing money for Taliban as I have not come across any document around it, I do not agree that some of the warlords formed the Taliban. Who would you say are the warlords who became part of Taliban? Hekmatyar? Abdul Qadir? These are the two Pashtun warlords I could think about but they were not Taliban. Not to mention other prominent Mujahiddin. Maybe the smaller commanders would have joined Taliban.

The Taliban itself had roots from the Madrassas in the Pakistan-Afghanistan tribal areas.

Smart man! We were discussing Indian spending $billion in Afghanistan. And you do the switcharoo by talking about American money going to Afghanistan.

You Sir, justified Indian money going to Af by saying you can't spend the same money on BIMARU states because Lallu and Maya are corrupt.

Oh well. Such is the state of mind of some Indian posters.

The same holds good for India - India is going to have its companies(both private and public) invest the money on mining, infrastructure etc. It will have its workers in Afghanistan working on various projects protected by ITBP and other para-military forces. It will not hand over the money to Karzai. Look at the projects India has executed as examples.

At the end of the day India is doing investment - so it is pure business mate. Nothing else. India does not have that kind of money to give away aid or take a loss for its investments.

The Taliban itself had roots from the Madrassas in the Pakistan-Afghanistan tribal areas.

Let me correct you my dear brother (if you don't mind).

Afghan Taliban roots are in Kandhar in particular and Southern Afghanistan in general. They and every other Muj went to the Mullah's Harvards and Ayatullah's MITs (sadly) located in Pakistan. So Talibobs are no different.

FYI., Taliban did not sprout in some Phoren land, they are the sons of Afghan soil, and are part of militant bands otherwise known as warlords.

USA and Saudi governments never gave $$ directly to Afghan Muj and Talibobs even during anti-commie war. The money always came to Pakistan in dollars, then Pak rupee was printed and handed over to any Muj who came looking for a job.

In some ways it was not too different from Individual Indians as well as big Indian companies going to the highest bidder for IT services.

You think Bill Gates should be considered Papa of all the Indian Techies? Heck no. Indian Techies were around long before good Ole Billy wrote the first line of operating system. It is just that he was the highest bidder for the Indians' services.

Similarly Pakistan or USA or Saudi did not create Muj or Talibobs. These bearded AK-47 wielding goons were around long before such time estimates as usually broadcasted by lefties like NYT and then lapped up by the Pakistani and Indian media as if divine wahi has come down from the 7th heaven.

peace.

Let me correct you my dear brother (if you don't mind).

Afghan Taliban roots are in Kandhar in particular and Southern Afghanistan in general. They and every other Muj went to the Mullah's Harvards and Ayatullah's MITs (sadly) located in Pakistan. So Talibobs are no different.

FYI., Taliban did not sprout in some Phoren land, they are the sons of Afghan soil, and are part of militant bands otherwise known as warlords.
USA and Saudi governments never gave $$ directly to Afghan Muj and Talibobs even during anti-commie war. The money always came to Pakistan in dollars, then Pak rupee was printed and handed over to any Muj who came looking for a job.

In some ways it was not too different from Individual Indians as well as big Indian companies going to the highest bidder for IT services.

You think Bill Gates should be considered Papa of all the Indian Techies? Heck no. Indian Techies were around long before good Ole Billy wrote the first line of operating system. It is just that he was the highest bidder for the Indians' services.

Similarly Pakistan or USA or Saudi did not create Muj or Talibobs. These bearded AK-47 wielding goons were around long before such time estimates as usually broadcasted by lefties like NYT and then lapped up by the Pakistani and Indian media as if divine wahi has come down from the 7th heaven.

peace.

Mate - As for the first highlighted item - I do not take offense, seriously. I am open to any information someone can provide and I am willing to correct my opinion if that information is valid.

As for the second highlighted portion - it might be the lower levels of militants as I said before who would have joined Taliban but not many prominent warlords but the core itself came from the Madrassas.

As for the third bolded portion - I do not have that notion - As an example, my father-in-law had his masters degree in computers from IIT in 1960s when Bill Gates was in his nappies. :)

I am going to hit the bed now as it was a long day for me in office. I will check for your postings and respond tomorrow. Good night my friend.

i personally dont believe NATO holds the key to peace and security in Afghanistan....their presence is de-stabilizing and is used as justification for radical elements to take up arms......Afghanistan peace will require Afghan solution, we will be here to help whenever help is requested.
Pakistani military establishment thinks otherwise. I also personally believe that NATO should maintain some presence in Afghanistan for long term basis to ensure that this country does not descends in to chaos like it did during post-Soviet withdrawal period. Taliban should be forced to negotiation table.

It will be a huge blunder to let Taliban gain power once again in Afghanistan without any checks in place. Last time this happened, Al-Qaeda gained foothold in Afghanistan under its noose. And we all know the rest. And this time, it is possible that TTP may find sanctuary in Afghanistan under Taliban rule.

Therefore, this is good decision by NATO.

Ahh.... so Indians will become the sole recipients of Pakistan transit aid!

Are you not aware of the highway connecting Afghanistan and Irans Chahbahar port ? if not, then google it !!!

:coffee:

Are you not aware of the highway connecting Afghanistan and Irans Chahbahar port ? if not, then google it !!!

usa is on the losing side my friend i would say pull an america and start talking with the taliban for greater corporation bcz when usa leaves be it 10 20 50 100 years later the taliban will come to power

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom