What's new

US lawmakers strongly oppose weapon sales to ‘snitch’ Pakistan

Pakistan please seek reality America is no friend. It is a vile nation that openly supports India and always will favour India. Pakistan needs to further strengthen its ties with China Middle East Turkey Azerbaijan Europe South America and South EastAsia

By all means US should go ahead... A lot of potential sellers ... The Americans would definetly push Pak towards Russian & Chinese camp... Which in turn will screw US interests !

Look, no where did I say US should not pursue further investigation if this woman was radicalised in Pakistan. I will not shy away from the fact that certain religious establishments are involved in radicalisation. What I am merely pointing out is that what is happening in Pakistan is an advanced form of cancer of extremist ideology, it is not where the ideology comes from. Foundation for that is the patronage of the House of Saud. You cannot keep treating symptons but ignore the origin of the disease.

The fact of the matter is, the US and all western governments know that Saudi Arabia is ground zero for most extremist groups in terms of ideological backing. The US can stop all trade with pakistan but it will not stop terrorist attacks in US or anywhere else in the world, as long as the Saudis and their partners in the gulf are freely allowed to export extremist ideology around the world, no amount of name calling Pakistan will stop them.

I know someone who met ambassadors of various European countries and they were asked about the best way to stop terrorism. The answer they were given was that 'you all know where the extremists get their ideological cover, together with funds, cut that off and you cut off a significant amount of terrorism.' They all, however, bowed in silent and did not attempt to dispute this nor did they say they will do anything to stop this. Maybe its time the US and western allies "do more" to stop their terrorist buddy Saudi in stopping the export of extremism around the world?

Most murders are premediated. The people doing the killings have motivations and desires that they seek to accomplish with an act of murder, barring few cases. You cannot boil this argument down to "men kill people". That way you will never be able to combat extremism. The fact of the matter is, this woman at least, was "radicalised" in favour of ISIS. She pledged alliegiance to it. Which basically means she espouses the same desires and motivations that they do. Now lets go back and see what the ideology of ISIS is. It's just another branch of the ideology widespread in Saudi Arabia, this ideology is being exported around the Muslim world with full knowledge of the US. Look, I know you're an Indian, so your thought process is already bias against Pakistan. But I am not absolving Pakistanis who have committed terrorist acts. But if you do not look at the motivation behind criminal and terrorist acts, you will never be able to combat it. Are you familliar with a murder investigation? Motivation is one of the first thing that is looked at.
You are partially correct that they are brainwashed ideologically but you can't just blame Saudis for all wrong doings. It's your state who provides suitable environment for these jihadists to spread their propaganda to use these snakes against your adversaries be it Afghanistan, India, Iran etc etc. Basically they are part of your state machinery at some point of time, even now many good terrorist are considered freedom fighters, so why blame Saudis?

Last edited:
Sir i am surprised at the intensity of an Indian joker with American flags .. forgot his name.. who is quoting Dawn news as a proof that we support Haqqanis.. the Idiot if he was American. would have known that its Americans who are openly supporting and funding terrorists in Syra and bitching why Russians are bombing their trained people.
well thats beside the point. the US should lockdown the university and school where Farook educated if Tashfeen's short trip of Al Huda univeristy is to be used as transformation.

The Americans are supporting the kurds I think.. Al qaeda is the patent organization that oversees most terrorist organization's. .including isis. Zawahiri..After the killing of obl did expose aq strategy to have local powerful militant groups in multiple places of interest...It looks like aq has become successful.

... an American born citizen grew studied in America.. goes to America's best allied country KSA and gets radicalized Tashfeen, leaves Pakistan in childhood to live in America's best allied country KSA and gets radicalised both meet up and come to America...and do their Business what does it have to do with me?

1449046524003.jpg

This Committee has repeatedly urged Pakistan to take meaningful action against key Islamist terrorist groups operating within its territory. Unfortunately Pakistan, which is now home to the world’s fastest growing nuclear weapons program, has remained a fount of radical Islamist thought. I doubt that anyone who follows Pakistan closely was surprised to learn that one of the San Bernardino attackers – Tashfeen Malik – studied at a Pakistani school spreading a particularly conservative message.

Looking back, the 9/11 terrorist attacks transformed U.S.-Pakistan relations overnight. After more than a decade under sanctions for its nuclear proliferation, Pakistan was to be a key ally in combatting Islamist militancy, becoming a leading recipient of U.S. aid in the nearly 15 years since.

But while the U.S. was quick to embrace Pakistan -- Pakistan has hardly reciprocated. Pakistani governments have come and gone, but Pakistan has remained a terrorist haven, with its security services supporting what it considers to be "good" Islamist terrorist groups. These “good” groups – under Pakistan’s calculus – destabilize Afghanistan and threaten neighboring India.

Today, Pakistan maintains an infrastructure of hate. Thousands of Deobandi madrassas, funded with Gulf state money, teach intolerant, hate-filled rhetoric that inspires the foot soldiers of jihadist terrorism. I’ve made three trips to Islamabad to press this issue. Pakistan must do the work to register schools, and close those creating new generations of radicals.

Meanwhile, Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal is on track to be the third largest. Its addition of small tactical nuclear weapons and longer-range missiles in recent years is even more troubling. This is a country which spends a fifth of its budget on the military, but under two and a half percent on education.

Through all of Pakistan’s double-dealing, U.S. policy has essentially stood still. Security assistance – cash and arms – has continued to flow after the occasional temporary delays. Indeed, despite some Department of Defense assistance for Pakistan being held because of inadequate efforts against the Haqqani network, the State Department is currently seeking more arms for Islamabad.

Pakistan itself has been devastated by terrorism, with thousands of its soldiers and citizens killed in terrorist attacks. We want a strong partnership with the country. But a new policy is long overdue. One option, as Ranking Member Engel and I proposed earlier this year, would be to target those officials who maintain relationships with designated terrorist groups with travel and financial sanctions. This would make it clear: the U.S. and Pakistan cannot have a true strategic partnership until Pakistan cuts ties with terrorist organizations.

Recently, senior U.S. officials – including National Security Advisor Susan Rice and Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken – have travelled to Islamabad, reportedly to press on the Pakistani government. We look forward to hearing from our witness today whether there is reason for hope, or if our policy stuck in the same rut.
link

i would like to know the wisdom behind procurement of 165 million dollar F-16 rather than buying atleast 3 J-10s from the same amount. Furthermore, the amount of humiliation which the congress is bestowing upon us coupled with the ifs and buts associated as well as unreliability in terms of provision of spares. Is it worth it?

There are a lot of other options that can be exercised from this money such as
1) Building infrastructure to roll out more JF-17s from Kamra
2) Buying J-10s
3) Buying J-11s
4) talks with russia regarding provision of Su 35s.
5) Investment in J-31 program and its acquisition if possible.
6) lastly, if our PAF top brass is so much obsessed with F-16s, we may procure used F-16s with less flying hours on them from other countries.

IMHO 165 million $ per plane is a sheer waste of money and may raise questions as to the transparency of the deal.

richard-olson2-600.jpg

The Honorable Richard Olson, Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, U.S. Department of State

"...During the last two years, we can point to progress, however imperfect, made across the economic and security sectors. First, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his administration have restored macroeconomic stability to Pakistan and improved economic growth...Pakistan has rooted out many terrorist safe havens and recovered more than 160 tons of improvised explosive device (IED) precursors. U.S.-origin equipment, including precision-guided munitions and night vision devices, has allowed Pakistan to successfully target militants at all times of the day and night while minimizing civilian casualties...

"...Pakistan’s counterterrorism cooperation with the United States on al-Qa’ida has been critical in decimating the organization. However, while Pakistan has made significant sacrifices in its fight against terrorism, we believe it can also take more steps to put pressure on all terrorist groups in Pakistan that threaten regional stability...We believe Pakistan will be key to facilitating a peace process with the Taliban, and we hope Pakistan will follow through on its stated commitment to Afghan-owned, Afghan-led reconciliation...

"...With generous support from Congress, U.S. assistance to Pakistan has helped enable progress in many of these areas of mutual interest, and it continues to help Pakistan make incremental improvements. Our security assistance has helped Pakistan develop critical counterinsurgency and counterterrorism capabilities that it has used to great effect in ongoing operations...While we sometimes have differences of opinion, we are able to communicate frankly on the things that are most important to us and find opportunities to make incremental progress. My personal experience has shown me that sustained, consistent engagement with Pakistan – its government, its military, and its people – is the best way to address challenges and advance our core interests and to shape Pakistan’s long-term future...

"....as Pakistan seeks to combat violent extremism and pursue counterinsurgency and counterterrorism objectives, we continue to encourage and support Pakistan to strengthen the rule of law, civil liberties, respect for human rights, accountability, and freedom of speech, which we firmly believe are vital to lasting peace and security...I again thank you for your attention and look forward to your questions."

lol?

Rizwan .. an American born citizen grew studied in America.. goes to America's best allied country KSA and gets radicalized

Tashfeen, leaves Pakistan in childhood to live in America's best allied country KSA and gets radicalised

both meet up and come to America...

and do their Business

what does it have to do with me?

Hi,

Because america has become foxnews----that is all they can do---blame everyone else---but themselves---and thank you for the post---the way you put it---.

I was thinking something similar---.

Irfan---the thing is pakistan has done a tremendous amount of work to decimate the terrorists----.

The problem is that we do not understand the intensity of the consequence because the truck missed the car by a whisker--by a hair breadth----so we shake it off as if nothing happened---because our problem is that once we cross over to the other side---we cannot come back----once we see the other side of the VEIL----we cannot look back---turn back time and say okay " he was doing it right and I was wrong ".

Pakistani problem is of marketing itself----. The generals need to stop pitching sales and let professionals do it.

Last edited:
The ISI and Pakistan Army were clearly double dealing with US when at the same time they supported and armed Talibans. Can't just put all the blame on US while ignoring Pakistan's actions.
That we learned from the west, so called civilized west. Or they use diplomatic language that's mean hypocrisy , say some thing else and do the other.

That we learned from the west, so called civilized west. Or they use diplomatic language that's mean hypocrisy , say some thing else and do the other.

USA is doing the same thing in Syria as they are arming Daesh ISIS and also bombing them at the same time.

The ups and downs of the US/Pakistan relationship, nothing new here. They do a point i.e. some individuals do have dubious links, but then they are being slowly rooted out.
By the way stop replying to Yolo2016, he is clearly an Indian poster and we will be sorting out his flags.

wait, you need f16 blk52+ with Aim120c5's for fighting terrorists. Sounds legit.
not all weapons need to be for anti terrorism. in fact they dont need blk52's the c130 have bombing capabilities. as long as they are dual use then it should be fine. to be quite honest i get annoyed when india complains towards a sale of weapons to pakistan.(no offence) does pakistan complain about india's purchases. you need to remember the usa has been selling weapons to pakistan way back and have established good relations. yes india offers more interms of sales and their arguement of ofsetting pakistan by india ordering more is not going to work as the usa wants both markets.

You are partially correct that they are brainwashed ideologically but you can't just blame Saudis for all wrong doings. It's your state who provides suitable environment for these jihadists to spread their propaganda to use these snakes against your adversaries be it Afghanistan, India, Iran etc etc. Basically they are part of your state machinery at some point of time, even now many good terrorist are considered freedom fighters, so why blame Saudis?

Read my post again, I am not absolving anyone, merely pointing out tht root of the problem. Pakistan is paying for the mistake of supporting terrorists. But to suggest that the US and the Saudis are not to blame is ignoring historical realities.

I don't think this woman or her husband are considered good terrorists by any part of the establishment in Pakistan. Our establishment wants good relations with US.

We forget USA and stick to JF-17 and will purchase either J-10 or J-11D and than finally J-31,kick *** the USA

Back
Top Bottom