What's new

US Frigates Approved For Transfer – not to Pakistan

I didn't say anything implying a judgement on Pakistan (or the US). It just seems that something could have been done to move the 2 extremes closer together. If you want to feel offended by that, be my guest.
Penguin.
A simple question. What realistic options does PN have re its surface fleet. We are already aware of the subsurface options.
Thanks in advance .
Araz

@Horus the article says that exactly.
All remaining frigates are to be decommissioned by the end of September.

Gone from earlier versions of the bill are proposed transfers of frigates to Thailand and Pakistan.

So the transfer has been declined. Soon you will hear the scrapping of the ships mentioned in the approval you talk about.

Being decommissioned from the USN service, not being scrapped.

Is your Pig-gy bank big enough to pay for it

Or you suppose Pakistanis should now be asking for Chinese AID.

Why not China not providing any AID to Pakistan i think as a close ally China should extend AID to Pakistan military for its modernization .

@Horus well we will come to know by September.
Cannot access
nvr.navy.mil
So I can't confirm that the ships are being scheduled for scrapping.

Decommission mean every good defence and offense instrument will be off the ship. Then Pakistan has to pay the price of upgrade and refurbishment .

I didn't say anything implying a judgement on Pakistan (or the US). It just seems that something could have been done to move the 2 extremes closer together. If you want to feel offended by that, be my guest.

supporting is good ... being ally is also good ...
but keep accusing Pakistan for something which US has history of doing again and again .. this is not fair ..

@Horus
ROBERT G BRADLEY
Robert g Bradley
Stricken to be disposed of by dismantling

KLAKRING
Stricken to be disposed of

DE WERT
As above

So at least one of the ships is going to be dismantled, while the remaining are not
"by foreign transfer" or "by navy sale"

Why not China not providing any AID to Pakistan i think as a close ally China should extend AID to Pakistan military for its modernization .

Chinese can't print dollars, they have to earn them by working very very hard for the USA.

Thus they can't give out dollars as AID.

Please educate yourself on monitory issues.

Thank you.

Shouldn't PN consider Type 52 destroyer on lease or purchase from PLAN. They are relatively new ships and recently have been upgraded as well.

Penguin.
A simple question. What realistic options does PN have re its surface fleet. We are already aware of the subsurface options.
Thanks in advance .
Araz
Build your own! Take the F22P and develop it (example: Algerian navy C28A from China), install a VLS (e.g. Umkhonto, IRIS-T SL). Stick on some cool Norwegian NSM missiles. Don't look to expand but to rejuvenate the fleet first.

supporting is good ... being ally is also good ...
but keep accusing Pakistan for something which US has history of doing again and again .. this is not fair ..
It's not about what is fair, it is about what your fleet needs. I.e. be instrumental about it.

Shouldn't PN consider Type 52 destroyer on lease or purchase from PLAN. They are relatively new ships and recently have been upgraded as well.
Are they on offer from China? I believe not.

Decommission mean every good defence and offense instrument will be off the ship. Then Pakistan has to pay the price of upgrade and refurbishment .
NO, it means leaving active service. What happens next varies per ship (some are stripped and used for sinkex, others are left intact and preserved for foreign sale, yet others are put in reserve). The transfer of McInerney was a 'hot transfer' , meaning PN staff walked on board as USN staff left the ship (i.e. ship not really deactivated). Hot transfers tend to be cheaper. Refurbishment is done either way and means putting the ship in good order (technically) i.e. maintenance. OHPs transferred thusfar were NEVER upgraded prior to transfer (only after purchase and continued service in receiving navy, see Turkey)

@Penguin
There were some news that Pakistan and Turkey have signed some naval agreements during Ideas 2014. Any idea what they might be?

number of Subs in PN ??

they ( US ) give us F-16' but can only be posted in specific base , under sanction we cant even fly those F-16's ... those Frigates were conditional to the release of the person who damage the Polio program in Pakistan , just because it is US asset but he did the damage to pakistan polio program , which is ruining the life's of many Pakistani kids ...

according to the article ,
Gone from earlier versions of the bill are proposed transfers of frigates to Thailand and Pakistan. Those ships were removed from consideration by concerns about the May military coup in Thailand, after which the US government canceled numerous military deals and engagements with the country, and a number of political conditions attached to ongoing military aid to Pakistan.
US Frigates Approved For Transfer – Finally

Clearly The frigates were not transferred to Pakistan , because of the Anti gov't Agitations & protest's by PTI & the impression that the Army was backing them , & there was a general fear of a coup that's why the reason was bracketed along with Thailand where a coup had taken place , the U.S is not @ fault here , you have to respect democracy , if you want the world to respect you , the west is extremely sensitive in this regards , & adheres to the Democratic principles & ethos of the societies , blame those who were protesting against the democratic gov't not the U.S

Build your own! Take the F22P and develop it (example: Algerian navy C28A from China), install a VLS (e.g. Umkhonto, IRIS-T SL). Stick on some cool Norwegian NSM missiles. Don't look to expand but to rejuvenate the fleet first.

It's not about what is fair, it is about what your fleet needs. I.e. be instrumental about it.

Are they on offer from China? I believe not.

NO, it means leaving active service. What happens next varies per ship (some are stripped and used for sinkex, others are left intact and preserved for foreign sale, yet others are put in reserve). The transfer of McInerney was a 'hot transfer' , meaning PN staff walked on board as USN staff left the ship (i.e. ship not really deactivated). Hot transfers tend to be cheaper. Refurbishment is done either way and means putting the ship in good order (technically) i.e. maintenance. OHPs transferred thusfar were NEVER upgraded prior to transfer (only after purchase and continued service in receiving navy, see Turkey)

well i know that our navy is in need of some quick inductions , we do have option but i guess there are some Corruption in Navy , who lobby to go for this OHP junks rather than building up our f-22p's .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom