What's new

US doesn't want to arm Pak against India: Obama to Zardari

IMADreamer

BANNED
Reaction score

US doesn't want to arm Pak against India: Obama to Zardari

The US does not want to arm Pakistan against India, President Barack Obama had categorically told his Pakistani counterpart Asif Ali Zardari during a meeting at the Oval Office months after assuming the top American office. "We do not begrudge you being concerned about India," Obama had told
related stories

* 'US arms sale to Pak matter of concern for India'

Zardari at the meeting on May 7, 2009, which was also attended by the Pakistan President's son Bilawal, according to a new book.

This was a chance for the two Presidents to forge a personal connection, writes award-winning investigative
American journalist Bob Woodward in his latest book Obama's War that hit the stands on Monday.

"... we do not want to be part of arming you (Pakistan) against India, so let me be very clear about that," Obama, who
assumed office in January 2009, had said.

To his remarks, Zardari responded saying: "We are trying to change our world view but it's not going to happen
overnight."

Running into 417-pages, the book gives a detailed account of how the United States has not been able to make things move in a positive direction and get desired cooperation from Pakistan in the war on terror, despite having significantly
increased the aid to Islamabad.

One of the main reasons, several top US officials say, is Pakistan's apprehension and hatred against India, according to
the book.

"Pakistan thinks about the US role in Afghanistan in the context of its relationship with India," the then Director
of National Intelligence Dennis Blair told Obama at one of his situation room meetings.

It was the cliche that Pakistan's obsession with its "mortal enemy", India, cause the nation to harbour terrorists,
the book says.

"There's a fundamental incoherence in the strategy" for dealing with Pakistan, US Vice President Joe Biden said at the
same meeting chaired by Obama.

"What Pakistan does not want, as a matter of faith, is a unified Afghan government that is led by a Pashtun sympathetic
to India" like President Hamid Karzai, he said.

US doesn't want to arm Pak against India: Obama to Zardari - Hindustan Times

its a simple game. US has intrests,Long term Intrests with india. Its US partner in The Great game in central asia.
its palinly stupid to expect from US.

a good ally is china. we should develop good relations with Russia.

No need 4 this sir we r suitably armed before hand for this job. And we can do this very efectively :cheers:

obama_monkey.jpg

grapes are sour. Eh ?

its a simple game. US has intrests,Long term Intrests with india. Its US partner in The Great game in central asia.
its plainly stupid to expect from US.

a good ally is china. we should develop good relations with Russia. we wasted a good and sincere country in cold war but its time to strengthen our relations with it.

hahhahaha man... now India dictate US that how US make her foreign policy LOL.... who even not capable to make good quality stadium for international sports LOLZ @ INDIA and Obama's so called super duper India favour statement LOL

Areesh

That's entirely unacceptable - you can make your point much better than resorting to these kinds of base caricatures that represent hatred, not critique.

(Warning- Never trust American policies, India should be careful too).

So its only China for Pakistan now, other middle east countries are also a puppet of America. Rivalry with India has brought only blows to Pakistan with bang.

(Warning- Never trust American policies, India should be careful too).

So its only China for Pakistan now, other middle east countries are also a puppet of America. Rivalry with India has brought only blows to Pakistan with bang.

ooh........ how much careful u are for us....
come on we know how to manage things , don,t teach us ...
care for your relations and dreams ......

hahhahaha man... now India dictate US that how US make her foreign policy LOL.... who even not capable to make good quality stadium for international sports LOLZ @ INDIA and Obama's so called super duper India favour statement LOL

lol before arriving with ur lame lol comments just notice which people had been claimed to said this

about stadiums of India,let me not force to start with the comparison table with Pakistan where not even a foreign team visits

ooh........ how much careful u are for us....
come on we know how to manage things , don,t teach us ...
care for your relations and dreams ......

I am not being careful, for your country. I am talking about India, we saw how they treated you, and now you are no use for them. I don't want India to end up like you, and also the possibilities of my worries are remote too. But its better to stay careful, your politicians blindly believed US, we shouldn't.

Illusive is right.

And if we didn't make those steps towards China that long time ago, we'd be alone.

Afghanistan is out of question, we messed up there and instead of giving us a strong ally to our north, we got a nation who blames us for everything and a taliban which have messed it up further because of our strategic mistakes.

Iran? If it weren't for sanctions and unpatriotic politicians, we could have made very strong allies. Oh well, opportunity gone.

US? Never our friends, they just wanted to do a job... perhaps our future enemies, too.

Any other countries I missed? Hmm... Bangladesh, out of question, not strong enough to help anyhow...

Well, atleast the policy 'an enemy of an enemy is a friend' is very applicable to real life politics, and India is the enemy for both China and Pakistan...

Sooner US dumps Pakistan and we get a reality check, the better. If it weren't for China pushing us towards advancing, I'd say we'd be no better than Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom