What's new

US delivers four helicopters to Pakistan Army

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Four Mi-17 helicopters were on Wednesday delivered back to the Pakistan Army by the US after being overhauled at an American facility. The overhaul programme provides critical support to the Pakistan Army by expediting maintenance and returning urgently needed aircraft for flight operations, the US embassy said in a statement. The US
has funded maintenance overhauls for 24 Pakistan Army Mi-17s, twelve of which were completed and returned to Pakistan last year.

The remaining eight helicopters are scheduled for delivery later this year.

The US is coordinating with the Pakistan Army to fund overhauls for another ten Mi-17s, and recently delivered to them two Bell 412 helicopters.

Another 13 Cobra gunship helicopters have been procured for use as spare parts to further enhance the Pakistan Army's aviation operations.

Since 2001, the US has provided more than USD 12 billion to Pakistan in security assistance, training and equipment, which includes USD 8.1 billion reimbursed from the Coalition Support Fund.

Other security assistance delivered to Pakistan has included three F-16 Block 52 fighter aircraft to the Pakistan Air Force, an additional 14 F-16 fighter aircraft delivered to the PAF in 2008, five fast patrol boats to the Maritime seurity Agency, two P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft delivered to the Pakistan Navy, 115 M109A5 Howitzer self-propelled field artillery cannons and more than 450 vehicles for Pakistan's Frontier Corps.
US delivers four helicopters to Pakistan Army - Hindustan Times

PAF-Mi-17.jpg

I thought its going to be Apache or Super cobra .....But its again old Mi 17

What is america doing over hauling Mi-17 choppers?? Arent they russian/ukrainian??

We need this for support and supply purposes which Apache and Super Cobra cannot offer. Even if you keep a chain-saw, you still need a knife to cut an apple. Horses for courses.

welll may be it is old news we have returned these junks to usa few weeks ago because one of them got crashed if im not wrong what happened the list which we have given to usa few weeks agor for apaches and cobras

welll may be it is old news we have returned these junks to usa few weeks ago because one of them got crashed if im not wrong what happened the list which we have given to usa few weeks agor for apaches and cobras

Would it hurt you (Superfalcon,somebozo and mjnaushad) to actually read the arcticle and think before posting?

This article refers to the maintenance and overhaul the US is providing to Pakistani Army Aviation Mi-17 choppers via third party contractors as part of an aid package. This "junk" is the Pakistan Army's own helicopter stock.

Would it hurt you (Superfalcon,somebozo and mjnaushad) to actually read the arcticle and think before posting?

This article refers to the maintenance and overhaul the US is providing to Pakistani Army Aviation Mi-17 choppers via third party contractors as part of an aid package. This "junk" is the Pakistan Army's own helicopter stock.
Please remove my name from your list......

I never called it Junk ...All i said i was expecting something better.....Which can help increase the fire power not transport.

Please remove my name from your list......

I never called it Junk ...All i said i was expecting something better.....Which can help increase the fire power not transport.

The arcticle in the thread-starter refers to Pakistani Army Aviation choppers that are being overhauled by the US as part of an aids package. Also, what makes you think you know the needs of the PAA better than the army itself? Logistics has always been a major weakness of the Pakistani Armed Forces and it's taken the Waziristan and Swat campaigns for them to realise that. The strengthening of the transport fleet can only better this.

If you think that Pakistan is getting a poor deal for it's contribution to the WoT (ie, should get apache, A-129 and Tiger attack helis), express it in the relevant thread and don't derail this one

FOUR whole helicopters - changes the whole strategic balance - now we can make the entire army airmobile !

Don't you think that Pak Army should go for the up-gradation of its fleet of 46 old Mi-17's in U.S instead of 24 they have bought from the Russia.

and i am happy that it did not turned out to be what you thought it was....:lol:
seriously, i think Pakistan must no more relay on US atleast for the procurement of front line equipment.

MI17 upgrades is all we sould look for to be done for us by US.

for attack helos, going for apache or something wil lead us to another 1990z situation!!

regards!

Do not underestimate Mi17 people, it has very strong engines and carries more troops than Black Hawk

Even Turkish Army is still operating Mi17s

That's i was saying that Pak Army should go for about 50 Z-10s or Turkish ATAK. That we will be great along with 100 Buraq that can do Anti-Armour role more effectively and even cheaply if we were able to develop Helfire like missiles and 100-125 Kg LGBs that can be carried by the Buraq(which i think that will be in the league of Preditor B or C version). Hopefully one day when that technology matures then we would also start building some fast moving jet powered UCAVs like Nishan MKI which would use the K-8s engine or better ones and can be able to engage Air to Air targets with using ASRAAM and AMRAAMs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom