What's new

US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter may visit India in May to sign $2.5 bn deal

Your generals know the fact better than u and me, so they are going for these free melons. Look at your budget, how do you think so many weapons came?

True, and I respect their knowledge and professionalism. I don't pretend to have better insight or knowledge about any platform. These are true professionals who work with the equipment day in day out. It's their job unlike most of us.

What I do know for a fact is that US weapons and aid never comes for free. There are always ridiculous conditions attached to it. Constraints which aren't worth acquiring the equipment. I don't have to be a general or expert to figure that out.

Last edited:
Just to put it in perspective, we can by 40 Su 30 MKI with that money. Maybe even customise it for Ground attack.

OK, we are buying weapons. Why not just buy weapon and integrate it with LCH ?

Better still why not set up joint ventures in India for stand off missiles and manufacture them in India and integrate them with Indian Helicopters ?

we will have indian weapons for LCH and integrating US weapons with lch will be a problem. thats why we are buying them in small number. Every AH-64D III can act as a control center for UAV and other platform. its fully network enable. Its radar and long range sensor can be used to guide LCH to attack enemy from backyard and many other things like thats. LCH with AH-64D will be a night mare for enemy.

we will have indian weapons for LCH and integrating US weapons with lch will be a problem. thats why we are buying them in small number. Every AH-64D III can act as a control center for UAV and other platform. its fully network enable. Its radar and long range sensor can be used to guide LCH to attack enemy from backyard and many other things like thats. LCH with AH-64D will be a night mare for enemy.

For half a Billion $, those capabilities can be built into the LCH too. Just saying.

Which UAV is the Apache suppose to control and guide ?

Why can't the UAV be controlled and guided from the Ground ? How is this any less advantageous ? In fact guiding UAV from the ground ensures that the Apache pilot is focused on flying his VERY expensive aircraft.

Tell me why Apache cannot be brought down by a hand held missile similar to a Stinger.

Different Breed. Plus the figure you quoted includes spares and training.

What is the need to induct a new kind of Helicopter in the IA when LCH is already flying ?

What additional role can it play which is impossible to replicate ?

If it costs additional for spares and training they why go for it in the first place ?

What is the need to induct a new kind of Helicopter in the IA when LCH is already flying ?

If it costs additional for spares and training they why go for it in the first place ?
Ufffff :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Can the LCH go up agianst the AH-64D?

Forget everything else, IF you buy it, will it improve your LCH program or not?

Millimetre wave radar is the biggest plus for apache ..
It will give target coordinates to buddies..

U know BAE hawk model is being followed for tejas productio़n ?

Weapons of USA are the best 8-) until one gets sanctioned :dirol:

Millimetre wave radar is the biggest plus for apache ..
It will give target coordinates to buddies..

U know BAE hawk model is being followed for tejas productio़n ?

Weapons of USA are the best 8-) until one gets sanctioned :dirol:

Good Point :enjoy:

Is that a rip-off or what... Pakistan shouldn't go for US choppers.

How is that????
U can buy a Honda for $30000 or a BMW for $60000. Both will get u from point A to B.
However.......
If You want more Hi-tech, features, you will need to pay more.

How is that????
U can buy a Honda for $30000 or a BMW for $60000. Both will get u from point A to B.
However.......
And if you need Hi-tech + reliability then you better buy a Merc !!! ;)

How is that????
However.......

LMAO high-tech doesn't mean you get ripped off from all ends. Granted that US tech is superior, but to think that others lack lightyears behind is simply ridiculous. There are very viable options out there from other suppliers at a cost-effective price tag.

A Su 30MKI costs that much.

US brought the Apache for 24 million $ per Heli and Chinook for 26 billion $ per heli in 2015.

I fail to see how this deal make any economic sense.

US gets F-16 Block 40 aircraft for 15 million, best of luck getting that for the price for India. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom