What's new

US army morale down in Afghanistan: Study

"...if they have a partner they can trust (hint...hint...), then the afghan theater of ops can be successful."

Dostum says he can take care of the job himself if we just turn him loose.

Course that might get a tad messy.:eek:

Get the Russians, Iranians and the CARs on board. Don't rely on Pakistan for transit.

When soldiers dont know what exactly is the mission with no clear military objectives then after 8 years the morale has to be low.

Its time the Americans go home and let the regional realities of Afghanistan shape up as they have to without any outside interference. This would be best for America and also of Afghanistan and for all others in the region.

"Its time the Americans go home and let the regional realities of Afghanistan shape up as they have to without any outside interference. This would be best for America and also of Afghanistan and for all others in the region."

Maybe. I'd like to but if America leaves I don't see it being best for Afghanistan nor Pakistan unless you happen to be a taliban sympathizer. Afghanistan certainly won't "shape up". Not on its own. Pakistan certainly won't shape Afghanistan up. It can't shape itself up without considerable outside assistance.

When we leave, there will be civil war. Then there will be a taliban victory. Then the taliban will turn upon Pakistan. You can't control your lands now without open war. You couldn't control the taliban in 1996-2001. They will come for your people as they have the afghans.

This is etched in stone and written across the heavens.:agree:

"Its time the Americans go home and let the regional realities of Afghanistan shape up as they have to without any outside interference. This would be best for America and also of Afghanistan and for all others in the region."

Maybe. I'd like to but if America leaves I don't see it being best for Afghanistan nor Pakistan unless you happen to be a taliban sympathizer. Afghanistan certainly won't "shape up". Not on its own. Pakistan certainly won't shape Afghanistan up. It can't shape itself up without considerable outside assistance.

When we leave, there will be civil war. Then there will be a taliban victory. Then the taliban will turn upon Pakistan. You can't control your lands now without open war. You couldn't control the taliban in 1996-2001. They will come for your people as they have the afghans.

One doesnt have to be a Taliban sympathizer to hope for an early american exit from Afghanistan. American money and their presence in afghanistan are destablising Pakistan ( most likely the US is intentionally doing this ). If you leave, 70% of the problem will be resolved. It will stop the conflict from spilling over into Pak.

As far Taliban taking over Pakistan is concenred well thats just a very lousy fantasy. The 'Taliban' were never and still are not a threat in the sense that while being in a sitting government in Kabul they can lauch attacks on Pakistan and hope to take Pakistan under their influence without getting extinct themselves in trying to do so... its just not possible. This proposition is really laughable ( not withstanding what is etched in stone and what not )

Even if one looks the current engagement of our armed froces , its just a fraction of the total strength of Pak armed froces. ( but since the americans are involved so the whole things gets a lot of coverage )

By the way would you like to tell us how exactly are the Taliban going to take over us once Americans are gone from the region ?

Armoured advance , Air attacks , infantry advace ? HOW ? come on get real

Right now they are making you bleed in afghansitan since you are occupying their country get out of there and it saps the support they draw from the fact that you are seen as an occupier.

India is operating under the shadow of america's balls in Afghsnitan and the current unreset in Pakistan is related to this as well.
Its quite right to say that india will fight in afghanistan till the last american.

Good , US and UK soldiers should continue to loose their lives for protecting a regime in Kabul that makes a mocekry of western democratic norms.

You will not have your consolation victory of neutralising Pak's nuclear weapons.

Have a nice day , I got a lot of work to do now

"American money and their presence in afghanistan are destablising Pakistan ( most likely the US is intentionally doing this )."

Pakistanis are de-stabilizing Pakistan. Look around you. It was Pakistanis who chose to apply colonial collective punishment laws to your tribal lands. It was Pakistanis who've pointedly ignored the developement of these same lands. It was Pakistanis who've turned a blind eye to the likes of Haqqani, Hekmatyar, Omar and others on your lands. It was Pakistanis like Hafez Gul Bahadur and Maulvi Nazir who send their tribal sons into Afghanistan to make war in violation of normal national accords governing sovereign responsibility. It was Pakistanis who've stood by and acquiesced the murder of your tribal maliks, judges, politicians, journalists and others.

That's just a small sampling that doesn't even address the failed negotiations with Baitullah Mehsud and Maulvi Faizullah in SWA and SWAT respectively.

You may hate America but you shouldn't hate the bald truth. There's some of it and is also etched in stone and written across the heavens.

"As far Taliban taking over Pakistan is concenred well thats just a very lousy fantasy."

A seventy-five year screwball and his son-in-law seized SWAT and were in the process of seizing Buner last spring. They did so without benefit of a national sanctuary and lived and terrorized right under your nose. Now who's living in a fantasy, sir?

"its just a fraction of the total strength of Pak armed froces."

And evidently all you feel comfortable allocating given your concerns elsewhere.

"By the way would you like to tell us how exactly are the Taliban going to take over us once Americans are gone from the region ?

Armoured advance , Air attacks , infantry advace ? HOW ? come on get real..."

You seem to be the individual in need of getting "real". Taliban methods of control are displayed daily for you on both sides of the border. Evidently you are not a careful observer of events but that's your problem. Dismissing such a possibility is inevitable for one whose narrative takes precedent over the displayed facts.

"Right now they are making you bleed in afghansitan since you are occupying their country..."

We can bear the blood. It has been just over 100 men PER YEAR. I'd look more closely to see who's doing the real bleeding.

Occupying?

40 nations are in Afghanistan by a U.N. mandate and the invitation of the afghan government. That's not an occupation but that also isn't something you're capable of acknowledging. It simply wouldn't fit with your need to project neo-colonialist ambitions upon America. Gets clumsy once you factor 39 other countries into the mix.

"...get out of there and it saps the support they draw from the fact that you are seen as an occupier."

Now who's indulging fantasies? Omar doesn't need support. He ruled once before at the barrel of a gun and intends to do so again...

...and shall just as soon as we leave. You're notions are quaint, self-serving, and near-sighted.

"India is operating under the shadow of america's balls in Afghsnitan and the current unreset in Pakistan is related to this as well."

Uh huh. India has bilateral accords with Afghanistan which have nothing to do with America. I suppose next I'll read of tens of consulates...:blah::blah::blah:

"Its quite right to say that india will fight in afghanistan till the last american."

That's India's choice.

Many would suggest that the PRC intends to fight India to the last Pakistani too. It's therefore important not to build policy on sound-bites but I doubt that you personally think far beyond such for your strategic underpinnings.

"Good , US and UK soldiers should continue to loose their lives for protecting a regime in Kabul that makes a mocekry of western democratic norms."

Sadly they aren't the only soldiers dying for a regime that's a mockery of such. You might also look more closely to find more examples of such. I won't wish ill on them for it though, unlike you. They've got a job to do that exceeds such semantic childishness. So too our troops.

Meanwhile, for your callous bloodthirstiness you may now say hello to my "ignore" list.:wave:

"Have a nice day..."

May you step in front of a moving train...

"I got a lot of work to do now..."

Likely something new for you?

First see your own attitude then blame others. There are lots of your countrymen and you allies who wish ill for Pakistan and wish to see large casualties on our side ( I think it was a poster M^3 or something ).

I didnt say something totally out of context , US and American soldiers in Afghanistan are laying their lives for what ? to protect Karzai regime ? There is no democarcy shemocracy in Afghanistan , its a bunch of corrupt people that the CIA hopes to use and abuse and vice versa , this pretty much sums up the current status in Afghanistan byt now your soldiers have seen these things for themselves and naturally their morale has gotten low.

Instead of wishing me to walk infront of train may I kindly suggest that you fall off the top of mount hood.

There is no democarcy shemocracy in Afghanistan , its a bunch of corrupt people .

And was there any democracy under the taliban? and was there no corruption under the taliban? people now at least got the right to vote for whoever they want, it might not be perfect, it might have alot of problems, but during the taliban none of these existed.

Last edited:
There is no democarcy shemocracy in Afghanistan , its a bunch of corrupt people that the CIA hopes to use and abuse and vice versa , this pretty much sums up the current status in Afghanistan

Funny, your flag of origin says Pakistani, but this sounds like an Indian echo from the 90s ..... just find/replace Afghanistan with Pakistan.

There is no democarcy shemocracy in Afghanistan , its a bunch of corrupt people

And come to think of it, the Pakistan of today as well.

Perspective is such a wondrous thing ..... :pakistan::usflag:

Cheers, Doc

Pakistan dont have any danger from Afghans , Afghanistan and Pakistan have same culture and religion living as friends from centeries.

Infact Israel is feeling danger from Al Qaeda , US is on policing mission for Israel to hunt OBL that is reason US and NATO soldiers feeling why they should lost their lives for Israel violating international law and human rights in Palestine .

why this happen??? isnt the usa the strongest world police ever known??? how can the world be in its greatest order if usa falls????? please , for the sake of the weakest people in the realm , fight to the end of your remaining effort!!! usa shall stabilise this world by its invincible strength!!!

US army morale down in Afghanistan

look funny Americans even dont have so called "Morale" even before on Attack time. Because americans really not intrested to go Afghanistan or Iraq. This BS only on Zionist Demand thats it. this is not actually US WAR! this war started by zionist. Used maximum amount of weapons against muslims thats it. WOW US MORALE DOWN LOL @ this ...

Yups, problem was that they did not induct major number of troops in Afghanistan in the start, ...

Frankly I failed to see an increase of troops would solve the problem, then or now.

In Afghanistan, it is now more a political and social problem, not a just military problem.

You may improve a political problem with military, but you can’t solve a social problem with military.

Taliban is a culture, a tradition, more or less.

Try to modify or otherwise to extinct a culture/tradition with military force is doomed to fail in modern times.

In some Taliban areas, people trust Taliban more than the “legitimate” but corrupted A- government shored up by Western with Western norm.

As for the Western troops, forget it. We, the people of Afghanistan, just by looking at your faces, see you as our enemy, simply because the way you look, you speak, you wear, ….. and get your invasion aliens’ fck azz out of our land. Now.

I agree.

The recent spurt in the frequency, intensity, and scope of joint military exercises between India and the US can only mean that the US has taken the hint.

Let us see if India is ready to reciprocate.

Cheers, Doc

Ain't happening. India has made it clear that they won't send troops to Afghanistan, not now, and not in the future.

"I am saying categorically that there is no question of Indian military involvement in Afghanistan. I do not foresee such a situation, not now or in the future," defence minister A K Antony

Ain't happening. India has made it clear that they won't send troops to Afghanistan, not now, and not in the future.

"I am saying categorically that there is no question of Indian military involvement in Afghanistan. I do not foresee such a situation, not now or in the future," defence minister A K Antony

And from where you come from, the words of your politicians are written in stone and binding for the ages?

I do not see Indian military involvement in Afghanistan either .... in the current fighting.

I do however most definitely see a friendly Indian military / peace-keeping presence in Afghanistan once the US/Brit/NATO forces complete their phased pull-out.

THAT is written in stone.

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom