What's new

US Army major kills 12 in shooting rampage

"Could they not have resigned their "commission"?"

Not if they weren't commissioned officers in the first case. No army functions on attending the wars that fit your perspectives. Not the Pakistani army, not the Canadian army, and not the American army.

A doctor may be under contract to perform his services as an obligation to repay monies provided by our government for medical schooling. As such, resignation without full reimbursement of those monies would seem unlikely though I'm no expert here.

I could not resign my commission while DESERT STORM was an active military operation. I was stop-lossed until the operation was complete and until then subject to deployment as met the needs of the service.

He could retain a lawyer and fight his case as has been done already. If so, he'd likely have had to prove Conscientous Objector status. It's not easy and very late in the game for him to have made this claim.

What he was asked to do, IMV, had he deployed would have been of great service to America, its soldiers in Iraq and, actually, the Iraqi people.

Nothing, IMV, explains the bloody and irrational course of action that Maj. Hasan chose to pursue if avoiding deployment was the central issue. None of those standing in line at a processing center yesterday would have anything to do with approving or halting his deployment.

Thanks.

That sounds so simplistic that it borders on disingenuous, Gambit. Perhaps I am ignorant on this. But how do you explain the myriad who "defected" to Canada to apply for refugee status - including women soldiers who will do anything but shipping out to Iraq?

Could they not have resigned their "commission"?
Enlisted personnel do not have the option to resign their commitments. They have to serve their enlistment as contracted in some ways, such as in a conscientious objector (CO) status and duty somewhere, or in prison, or be discharged at the pleasure of the military. Now...When I was stationed at RAF Upper Heyford back in the '80s, I had to work around Victor Alert F-111s, VA jets are those loaded with real nuclear weapons and programmed with coordinates on their targets. One young guy I know was so nervous about being around real nuclear weapons and their perceived dangers he asked to be reassigned to another field. Our commander agreed. Enlisted are usually granted more leeways than officers. But there are always avenues in the system that do not involve violence.

a very tragic incident....my prayers are with the families of the dead and the ones who were injured in this attack......

but i think that just because the attacker was a muslim the views in america are going to get worse about the muslims especially the ones who are serving in the us military......

a very tragic incident....my prayers are with the families of the dead and the ones who were injured in this attack......

but i think that just because the attacker was a muslim the views in america are going to get worse about the muslims especially the ones who are serving in the us military......
And this is NOT going to help the situation...

FBI team will reenact Fort Hood massacre - USATODAY.com
Cone told NBC's Today show on Friday that nearby troops heard Hasan make the comment, which is Arabic for "God is great!" before the melee that killed one civilian and 12 soldiers. Thirty people were wounded.

Caution America -- The Vast Majority of Muslim Soldiers Serve With Distinction FOXNews.com - November 06, 2009

:)

"...what is us military going to do to make sure that there muslim soldiers dont feel insecure because of the act of one mad man??"

Perhaps you didn't read my post.

Please do so unless, perhaps, you are trying to provoke?

We honor ALL of our warriors who serve with distinction-alive or fallen. We are a multi-ethnic, multi-racial, multi-religious, non-sectarian society that walks the walk of racial and social integration and have the scars to prove it.

Thanks.

i know its not going to help the situation.....but what is us military going to do to make sure that there muslim soldiers dont feel insecure because of the act of one mad man??
It is too early to say what the Army will do, but I would guess that for now, the Army will repeat the same thing as before...

Hasan Akbar case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Hasan Akbar case covers an event in the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, where US Army sergeant Hasan Karim Akbar (born Mark Fidel Kools in Watts, Los Angeles, California [1]) was convicted for the double-murder, or "fragging", of two officers of the 327th Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division.[2]

The victims were Army Captain Christopher Seifert and Air Force Major Gregory Stone. Fourteen other soldiers were also wounded in the incident, which took place on March 23, 2003. The sentence of death, affirmed by the commander of the 18th Airborne Corps,[3] is due to be heard[when?] by the Army Court of Criminal Appeals under an automatic appeal.

Nidal's actions will now spark more resentment and prejudice against the U.S. Muslim population, I believe. It is this same prejudice that Nidal reported to his relatives that made him so crazy -- crazy enough to kill. So now his actions will spawn more violence :S

:rofl:

So what we have here is somehow Pakistan managed to have a perfect organization composed of perfect people, perfect procedures and perfect equipments. No faults at all. No accidents ever. You are the epitome of gullibility either in what your government said or that in making up the lie and expect people to believe it. Un-freaking-believable at the length people will go at deluding themselves.

:rofl:

Looks like Ft. Hood Trauma is now affecting your sense of judgement and perception too! Rest My Boy, get some rest!

Oh Yeah! Another day in the USA and another shoot-out in Florida eh? Damn Man! It looks like a busy day for the likes of you to write on this forum to protect the American Nightmare!!! :disagree:

It is too early to say what the Army will do, but I would guess that for now, the Army will repeat the same thing as before...

Hasan Akbar case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Really? What can your Army do except to scratch its head to see where they went wrong, dig out stuff of the guys computer to prove he was involved in some radical activities (that is almost 40% of USA) and such an incident was an inevitability and eventually end up with no results until such time someone repeats the whole thing again and again and again!! Did someone mention Florida shootings of today??

They are saying this had no big plot to it or terrorism intents. He was simply dissatisfied with life in army and wanted to get out of it.

"I guess, Races still exists in America..."

Yes THEY do...

...horse races, car races, bicycle races, motorcycle races, foot-races, dog races, tortoise races. You name it, an American will race it.

"What is name of OTHER TWO SUSPECTS?"

They've been cleared and released.

We've only one suspect unless something has changed and that's the trigger-pulling azzhole with four bullet holes in his body and whom deserves to fry for his crimes.:angry:

Back
Top Bottom