What's new

US arms left behind in Afghanistan fall into TTP hands

Dalit

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
WASHINGTON: Militants who carry out attacks inside Pakistan have obtained US weapons left behind in Afghanistan, a US-backed broadcasting service claimed in its latest report on the situation.

Observers say the influx of US weapons has boosted the military capabilities of the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and Baloch separatist groups, according to the report released by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

This influx of weapons has caused “a surge in violence (in Pakistan) over the past two years,” it added.

When the United States pulled out its forces from Afghanistan in 2021, it left behind around $7 billion worth of military equipment and weapons, including firearms, communications gear, and even armoured vehicles.

The Afghan Taliban seized the arms during the chaotic US withdrawal.

The radio reported that since the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan, some of the American military gear and weapons had turned up in Pakistan, where they were used by armed groups fighting the Pakistani government.

Abdul Sayed, a Sweden-based researcher who tracks the TTP, said the outlawed group’s access to sophisticated combat weapons has had a “terrifying” impact, especially on the lesser-equipped police force, in Pakistan.

Published in Dawn, March 31st, 2023

Good. Now we got an excuse to fully eliminate them.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON: Militants who carry out attacks inside Pakistan have obtained US weapons left behind in Afghanistan, a US-backed broadcasting service claimed in its latest report on the situation.

Observers say the influx of US weapons has boosted the military capabilities of the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and Baloch separatist groups, according to the report released by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

This influx of weapons has caused “a surge in violence (in Pakistan) over the past two years,” it added.

When the United States pulled out its forces from Afghanistan in 2021, it left behind around $7 billion worth of military equipment and weapons, including firearms, communications gear, and even armoured vehicles.

The Afghan Taliban seized the arms during the chaotic US withdrawal.

The radio reported that since the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan, some of the American military gear and weapons had turned up in Pakistan, where they were used by armed groups fighting the Pakistani government.

Abdul Sayed, a Sweden-based researcher who tracks the TTP, said the outlawed group’s access to sophisticated combat weapons has had a “terrifying” impact, especially on the lesser-equipped police force, in Pakistan.

Published in Dawn, March 31st, 2023
7073033E-048D-4E66-AE9D-7FAD1B346617.jpeg

But you gotta love the Americans..

That is like mopping the floor endlessly without turning off the tap. You can go after TTP all day long. What guarantee do we have that weapons and financial support hasn't ceased?
What so special about it bro everone knows this going to happen

TTP is an extension of Pakistan Army to do all their dirty work at time and place of their choosing. Whenever they are caught talking to them then its called Mazakraat

It is a mirror right in your face. Don't you always cheerlead for America in various threads? I am not surprised by your irked response. Just suck it up man. I didn't fabricate this news. It comes straight from a CIA source.
Oh bhai whatever the source is we already know this after US leaves from Afghanistan their weapons will be the hand of TTP BLA nothing new about it

Why are so much angry on me???

It’s not like this is breaking news now, is it?

I’ve seen tens of videos done by the TTP, where theyre launching attacks on Pak border outposts with fricking $40,000 dollar Special forces Night vision, AND EVEN A PAIR OF THESE FOR EACH ONE OF THE SQUADS MEMBERS AS THEY MOUNTED THE ATTACK (there were like 6 of them). You do the maths, but my guess is that there are a lot more where that came from.

Old news. This has been known since months.

It’s not like this is breaking news now, is it?

I’ve seen tens of videos done by the TTP, where theyre launching attacks on Pak border outposts with fricking $40,000 dollar Special forces Night vision, AND EVEN A PAIR OF THESE FOR EACH ONE OF THE SQUADS MEMBERS AS THEY MOUNTED THE ATTACK (there were like 6 of them). You do the maths, but my guess is that there are a lot more where that came from.
Yep, and combine that with the terrain in the region, we pretty much don't have any real advantage over them unless we bring out drones.

Sorry bro. I won't mention it next time. There is nothing special about US weapons aiding BLA and TTP. My bad.
This has been known for a long time since the pictures and videos showing U.S. made weaponry falling into Taliban hands especially with the ANA collapsing so quickly. This is not about aiding the TTP or BLA. Lots of people on this forum were celebrating and mocking about how much weaponry fell into Taliban hands and made them more formidable. At the same time there are consequences of those same weaponry being used against Pakistan. I mean we always have arguments of good Taliban and bad.

Back
Top Bottom