What's new

US, Arab countries hijacking Pakistani polls: MWM

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
Allama Raja Nasir Jafari, secretary general, Majlis Wahdat-e-Muslimeen, has said that the US and its allies in Arab countries are hijacking Pakistani elections.
He appealed to all the political parties to join hands against these US stooges and turn down them. He said that MWM was a mainstream party that was formed to defend the rights of oppressed people of Pakistan.
He was addressing the Labbaik Ya Hussain Conference held at Nishtar Park on late Sunday night. Thousands of people attended the conference. The crowd kept raising slogans of Labbaik Ya Hussain throughout the speeches. “We reject sectarianism. Shia Muslims live all over the world and Karachi-based party should beware of the consequences of the attacks on peaceful and law-abiding workers of the MWM,” he warned.
He said that MWM supports those parties who are against terrorism and fanaticism. He urged the people to vote for MWM candidates in the elections. The MWM will sort out all their problems. He said that Shia ideology opposes the oppressors.
“An axis of four hellish countries is meddling into Pakistan’s internal affairs for their vested interests. We shall defeat them,” he vowed. Jafari said that the MWM would use power of people, ballot and its manifesto to bring positive change in Pakistan. He said that Election Commission would be held responsible for attack on the MWM candidates, supporters and officials.
“We want the Election Commission and Returning Officers that there must be neither electoral fraud nor phony votes. The results should be based on what the voters cast in the ballot boxes,” he said. Allama Amin Shaheedi, deputy secretary general, Allama Sadiq Raza Taqvi, Allama Aijaz Behishti, Shakir Raujani, Maulana Mohammad Hussain Karimi, Mubashir Zaidi, Syed Ahsan and other officials also spoke at the Conference.
They condemned the negative and provocative tactics being adopted by some parties against the MWM. They condemned the US and its allied countries for anti-Islam and pro-terrorism policies.
Allama Jafari also praised martyrs Sibt-e-Jafar, Allama Aftab Haider Jafari, Saeed Haider Zaidi, Muzaffar Kirmani and other martyrs of Karachi for their sacrifices for the sake of Islam, Muslims and oppressed people.
The MWM chief appealed to the people to vote for ‘Camp’, the electoral symbol of MWM, saying that it is the symbol of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and his followers throughout the Islamic history.

US, Arab countries hijacking polls: MWM

Said pretty much the right things but in a frustrated, fanatical way.

And what solutions do they have for Pakistan's problems??

Never heard of this party before, it seems it has reemerged after attacks on Shias in Pakistan.

Americans and Saudi effecting Pakistani polls? sure, BUT Just plain stupid, when such a statement comes from a sect based party - on the one hand they say they reject sectarianism, and on the other hand they are themselves a sectarian party, after all, are there Wahabis, Ahmadis, Deobandis sitting in their central committee??

It's unfortunate that while what they have said has resonance, it is because it is they who have said it, that it will go largely unnoticed

He said that MWM supports those parties who are against terrorism and fanaticism. He urged the people to vote for MWM candidates in the elections. The MWM will sort out all their problems.

A candidate who promises to solve all problems without citing specifics? What, does he wield a magic wand? In that case, why does he need to be elected?

This sounds like the sort of guy who, once elected, will do whatever he wants, since - having promised to solve every problem without specifics - he can always say he had a mandate to do everything, in whatever order or way he wants.

He said that MWM supports those parties who are against terrorism and fanaticism. He urged the people to vote for MWM candidates in the elections. The MWM will sort out all their problems.

A candidate who promises to solve all problems without citing specifics? What, does he wield a magic wand? In that case, why does he need to be elected?

This sounds like the sort of guy who, once elected, will do whatever he wants, since - having promised to solve every problem without specifics - he can always say he had a mandate to do everything, in whatever order or way he wants.

Just like Obama's "Hope and Change" mantra? How well did that work out fer y'all?

Just like Obama's "Hope and Change" mantra? How well did that work out fer y'all?
In addition to slogans and mantras, Obama supplied specifics and numerous details on many items, like his health-care plan. On the ones he didn't - like promising to close Guantanamo prison - his promises did not pan out.

Seriously, Pakistanis need to be more specific, there are 22 Arab countries, and every one has a name. Plz use names next time.

In addition to slogans and mantras, Obama supplied specifics and numerous details on many items, like his health-care plan. On the ones he didn't - like promising to close Guantanamo prison - his promises did not pan out.

So you see, all politicians overpromise and underdeliver, don't they? Ours are just as bad as yours it seems.

Seriously, Pakistanis need to be more specific, there are 22 Arab countries, and every one has a name. Plz use names next time.

I don't get why any Arabic country would want to interfere with Pakistan's politics. It isn't one of their concerns or interests. I don't think so, maybe gulf countries but I also doubt that.

This election campaign is probably the single biggest in Pakistan's history. It's the first time a democratic government has finished its tenure and hundreds of political parties are campaigning for the next tenure.

All political arguments have become so domestic based that there's very little discussion going on external matters, policies. Every little thing is being picked up and scrutinised microscopically.

I don't get why any Arabic country would want to interfere with Pakistan's politics. It isn't one of their concerns or interests. I don't think so, maybe gulf countries but I also doubt that.

I as well doubt that, and I believe if there was any interference it would be constructive and with the consent of all parties.

Arabs are worried that if Pakistan gets a little cosy with Iran, Pakistan will end up sharing its nuke tech with Iran. You see, Pakistan doesn't want to be the only Muslim nuclear armed nation. There are 4 Christian countries, 2 Communist, 1 Hindu, 1 Abomination and only 1 Muslim country out of 56 per-dominantly Muslim states.

Arabs are worried that if Pakistan gets a little cosy with Iran, Pakistan will end up sharing its nuke tech with Iran. You see, Pakistan doesn't want to be the only Muslim nuclear armed nation. There are 4 Christian countries, 2 Communist, 1 Hindu, 1 Abomination and only 1 Muslim country out of 56 per-dominantly Muslim states.

I doubt it, that seems like speculation right now. And it sounds unrealistic that Pakistan would try to share nuclear tech especially considering what they would lose from the USA and considering they would be affected by sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom