What's new

Urumqi 2012 cat walk

Thanks for the answer, bro, I can read traditional Chinese, but charaters in the pics are not traditional chinese, they are more complicated ancient chinese...

That's fine I was just kidding about the traditional Chinese thing~

No they don't. Uighurs are an Turkic people that have many roots in the C.Asian steppes. They are mixture of Iranic Indo-Europeans native to the Tarim Basin and Mongoloid Altai people like the Xiongu. They look nothing like S.Asians who are mixtures of Austronesian Davarids (Indus valley civilization) and invaders from the east. Uighur look like korean/European mix to me..

Uighurs' causasian admixture mostly came from Tocharians, not the steppe Indo-Iranians. :coffee:

1997 i tried to marry a Guangzou Girl :P
But she was from village and her parents wont allow a "Foreigner" to marry her..
Stayed there 3 months and came back...Bachelor
forever-alone-icon-smilie.gif

The clothes look very mongolian style, if I am right. Personally I rather like Han´s. :whistle:

That's not Mongolian style, they are Kazakhs, the high hat girls have are very typical Kazhakh's style. :smitten:

Uighurs' causasian admixture mostly came from Tocharians, not the steppe Indo-Iranians. :coffee:

Tocharians is what I meant. But I put them the same groupings as other Eastern Indo-European tribes.
Many Uyghurs show autosomal traits of their previous Caucasian past:

Girl_in_Turpan%2C_Xinjiang%2C_China_-_20050712.jpg

In case of DNA test I have to say that the Y chromosome R1a1 which is regarded as the Indo-Iranic marker is prevalent among Uyghur. This indicates that the Uyghur people at list Partiality are Iranian.

Tocharians is what I meant. But I put them the same groupings as other Eastern Indo-European tribes.
Many Uyghurs show autosomal traits of their previous Caucasian past:

Girl_in_Turpan%2C_Xinjiang%2C_China_-_20050712.jpg

In case of DNA test I have to say that the Y chromosome R1a1 which is regarded as the Indo-Iranic marker is prevalent among Uyghur. This indicates that the Uyghur people at list Partiality are Iranian.

Tocharians had mainly R1a1, but R1a1 was not exclusively Indo-Iranians.

While many Uighurs were turkified Tocharians.

Tocharians had mainly R1a1, but R1a1 was not exclusively Indo-Iranians.

While many Uighurs were turkified Tocharians.

Valid statement. The Jap does not know what he his talking about. There was Indo-Iranian people in the Western regions of China but there was also other Indo-European groups such as Tocharians.

Valid statement. The Jap does not know what he his talking about. There was Indo-Iranian people in the Western regions of China but there was also other Indo-European groups such as Tocharians.

Tocharians were also sedentary people, thus they were quite different from their Indo-Iranian neighbors.

Very beautiful. I still see those types of clothing in our historical TV shows.

Cat walk in Urumqi :woot:, 20 years ago, Central Asia and Western China were very poor, now the economy gain momentum, we shall see a great dynamic in this region, I hope eventually with road and rail link Pakistan and Afghanistan will join this kind of Catwalk and fully integrated into great cultural and economy exchange:smokin:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom