What's new

Urdu is not our language: Mahmood Khan Achakzai in PDM's Karachi gathering.

Seems some people don't know how Indians have to use English to communicate with each other because most of South India either don't speak Hindi or their proficiency is limited. Would you want to communicate with your own countrymen using the language of the colonists?

We are lucky that despite being such a culturally rich and diverse country there is the bond of Urdu that unites us and a Pakistani could go to any part of the country and not feel like a foreigner in their own motherland.

To be honest i wish Quaid-e-Azam had selected another language as the national language. I would have been happier with any language even if he had selected Klingon as long as we didn't share a language with Indians.

Let us not get over emotional, Muslims of South Asia have a deep and historical link with the Urdu language.

Funny how the person agreeing with Achakzai is a Brit Pakistani who regularly gets banned for his racist posts and who has hardly spent more a few summers in Pakistan. Instead he is spewing nonsense here telling Pakistanis what their mother tongue should be.
hes not pakistani hes british

another idiot commenting about the issue he has no knowledge, there were always two dialect of URDU one from Delhi and one from Lucknow UP and after getting Freedom modified Dehli dialect survived in Pakistan not the pure Lucknow dialect .....

- I need not to mention whole of Urban Punjab and Sindh used to follow Delhi dialect of Urdu [with little variations] even before getting the freedom in 1947

- Delhi was never the part of UP but geographically was part of undivided Punjab, and need not to mention which State among the States of Pakistan and India has more percentage of Punjab.

- And as far as Indian claim on Urdu is concern those idiots at present need to show a single street in whole of India where pure Urdu is spoken in any of its dialect.

- Lastly one can list the names of all famous Urdu poets after the freedom and should check ethnic backgrounds it might be a surprise for some that the number of poets of Urdu from the communities of Punjabi or Pashtuns residing in Punjab exceeds in number from the poets of Ihail-e-Zaban community in Karachi .....

- Same is the case of Novel writers and other form of Urdu literature

After explaining this all ..... I would like to say that Indians are not welcomed to comment about our Internal Political matters
Very well said.
Although I am not a linguist but urdu evolved from local native languages as well as influence of arabic, persian, and turkic.
But scripts was always arabic as Arabic scripts was adopted by all the regions under muslim empires of umayyads, abbasides, Usmani, and Fatmids.
Urdu itself means cantonment in turkic as language started in army garrisons where there were soldiers from many languages arab, turkic, persians, native hindustani, africa and many more, it evolved there as they all have to talk in a common language and urdu has words, and letters of all these languages.

He's not wrong you know.....Urdu is not the language of the traitors of Pakistan.

They might look Pakistani, might speak fluent Urdu, might wear shalwar kameez but actions speak louder than words...

Good thing he said that on loudspeaker in front of everyone to see. It is high time for the general populace to see through the deception of these snakes.

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Dual Wielder need your opinions on what this guy said and the matter too
Very well said.
Although I am not a linguist but urdu evolved from local native languages as well as influence of arabic, persian, and turkic.
But scripts was always arabic as Arabic scripts was adopted by all the regions under muslim empires of umayyads, abbasides, Usmani, and Fatmids.
Urdu itself means cantonment in turkic as language started in army garrisons where there were soldiers from many languages arab, turkic, persians, native hindustani, africa and many more, it evolved there as they all have to talk in a common language and urdu has words, and letters of all these languages.

Urdu means Army in Turkish.

1603151216852.png

Like @Hakikat ve Hikmet said in another thread...anyone part of Ordu speaks Urdu, not all but anyone. :lol:

Last edited:

Isn't he Afghan?
bhagrat son of bitach ... has no shame ...he is delivering speech in Urdu and criticizing Urdu in Urdu ... go what a SOB.....
He's not wrong you know.....Urdu is not the language of the traitors of Pakistan.

They might look Pakistani, might speak fluent Urdu, might wear shalwar kameez but actions speak louder than words...

Good thing he said that on loudspeaker in front of everyone to see. It is high time for the general populace to see through the deception of these snakes.

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Dual Wielder need your opinions on what this guy said and the matter too

Urdu means Army in Turkish.

View attachment 680936

Like @Hakikat ve Hikmet said in another thread...anyone part of Ordu speaks Urdu, not all but anyone. :lol:
I started the thread in members club ...if i find the link, I will post.

Is that why more Indians speak it then Pakistani's? It is as "Islamic" as a Divali festival.

No and No...

Indians speak Hindi and Diwali isn't Islamic....variations of it can be seen throughout East & South Asia, way before Islam ever reached those places.

Half of India doesn't even speak Hindi as its first language....any Indian on here can correct me if I am wrong.

I have had conversations with South Indians stating that they don't watch Bollywood because they don't understand it....and most already know Bollywood like Hollywood is aimed at external and internal consumption as part of social & class warfare.

Never mind urdu may not be his or even mine language but it is our national language. Enough we are already very divided, for the sake of Pakistan let us start tolerating each other view.

Call me what you like but the crap that they speak on Bollywood is Urdu/Hindi. In fact I have seen threads here which read "Urdu/Hindi". It's the same coin with two sides. Indeed if Urdu was a separate language from Hindi it would have helped Pakistan carve it's own identity with a bank of cultural capital as in songs, movie industry appropriate to it's size instead of just feeding off India as a cheap copy.
Allowed each province their own language like India does. Ask the Indians here.
Our currency notes have 15 different languages on it.
India has no national language.
No and No...

Indians speak Hindi and Diwali isn't Islamic....variations of it can be seen throughout East & South Asia, way before Islam ever reached those places.

Half of India doesn't even speak Hindi as its first language....any Indian on here can correct me if I am wrong.

I have had conversations with South Indians stating that they don't watch Bollywood because they don't understand it....and most already know Bollywood like Hollywood is aimed at external and internal consumption as part of social & class warfare.
Hindi gets a bad rap because its associated with the low income states of India, UP, bihar, orissa, MP, etc. Lots of poor migrants from these states flood other states and locals resent the loss of employment to the migrants.
But now even the south Indian states and the eastern states have the locals conversing in passable hindi. Especially since the last 20 years when the IT boom resulted in better educated people migrating from the east to the metros and the north to the southern states. Many politically targeted agendas have broken down with this increased influx of the educated folk.
India is really too complex a country.

Last edited:
To be honest i wish Quaid-e-Azam had selected another language as the national language. I would have been happier with any language even if he had selected Klingon as long as we didn't share a language with Indians.
First of all Qap'la my friend.

secondly, my friends Achekzai has the right to express what he thinks is right. Its our right to accept it or reject it. No one becomes a traitor just by rejecting Urdu.

People we are Pakistani. We are progressive and we are liberal. Do not act like Indians, who if they do not like other person point of view brand them as anti national.

In my view Urdu should be our Official Language not our National Language. Pakistan should not have one language. Urdu Punjabi Kashmiri Pushtu Baluchi Brahui, Balti Sindhi should all be our National languages. As the people of the planet vulcan says Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

Back
Top Bottom