migflug

Reaction score
Country
India
Upgraded interceptor missile to be test-fired on April 6
Published March 30, 2015 | By admin
SOURCE: THE HINDU

4-drdo-bmd.jpg

A newly configured version of an interceptor missile, designed to improve its efficacy, will be test-fired against an electronic target missile from Wheeler Island on April 6.

As part of India’s plans to deploy a two-tier Ballistic Missile Defence system to protect important cities and installations, missile technologists of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have conducted nine interceptor missile tests.

Six of the tests were conducted in the endo-atmosphere (below 40 km altitude) and three in exo-atmosphere (above 80 km). Eight of the tests were successful.

In the upcoming test to be conducted in the endo-atmosphere, the reconfigured version of the interceptor missile (AAD) would be launched to validate its capability to carry a bigger warhead and minimise the mis-distance, among other parameters. Another crucial feature — that of powering the missile when the target missile is detected with a reduced reaction time would also be tested during the mission.

Since the entire exercise from detection till the terminal event is automated, the crucial capability to power the missile after detecting the target would prevent unnecessary powering of the missile, while keeping it alert mode.

While an actual AAD missile would be launched after the take-off of a target missile is simulated on April 6, scientists plan to carry out another exercise by April end in which both the interceptor and target missile would launched with warheads in a real, battle-like scenario, DRDO sources toldThe Hindu here on Sunday.

once our BMD systems become fully operational, enemy nuclear missiles wont count for $hit:D
even the most technological advanced countries with the most advanced ABM systems do not relay on the missile defense systems based on surface to air missiles. :)
This is not as simple as that. With more and more advancements in missile defense systems, the missiles itself are getting smarter and difficult to bring down. So no matter how potent ones missile defense system, it never can completely rule out a ballistic missile attack. Trust me, your planers know that very well.

Equipments do not matter...
The deen and imaan of mard-e-momins will crush enemies..
attempting to derail a thread started by your fellow coountry man, praising our ouwns country's system by trolling? do make much sense.
Still a troll is a troll and have been reported.

@Oscar @Manticore @Horus

even the most technological advanced countries with the most advanced ABM systems do not relay on the missile defense systems based on surface to air missiles. :)
This is not as simple as that. With more and more advancements in missile defense systems, the missiles itself are getting smarter and difficult to bring down. So no matter how potent ones missile defense system, it never can completely rule out a ballistic missile attack. Trust me, your planers know that very well.
So you means to say US defence spending on Thaad & BMD's are waste.well pity on them to waste there Taxpayers money on such non effective programme's

So you means to say US defense spending on Thaad & BMD are waste.well pity on them
mmm where did i said that? putting words in my mouth?

Read again, may be you will understand what i was saying. :)

mmm where did i said that? putting words in my mouth?

Read again, may be you will understand what i was saying. :)
you just wrote a few lines there is an entire thread about it they did not understand it then how will they understand now let them build castles in the air as much they want

Agreed. No system is 100% full.proof. But PAD & AAD will serve its purpose. It will boost the moral of the armed forces & common men knowing that we are not completely helpless against BM attack.

Also I think it will enhance Indian second strike capabilities. But I sincerly hope better sence prevails & complete nuclear disarnament takes place in future. :close_tema:

With more and more advancement in the Missile defence system, its true that the missiles are getting smarter. But the missiles of our country and not the neighbors. Its absurd to believe that the development of our ABM's actually make your missile smarter. Until you have such a development running in your country you can never beat an ABM.

With more and more advancement in the Missile defence system, its true that the missiles are getting smarter. But the missiles of our country and not the neighbors. Its absurd to believe that the development of our ABM's actually make your missile smarter. Until you have such a development running in your country you can never beat an ABM.
:D why so much obsession with YOUR neighbors??
The comment was a general one (care to read again and try to dig up something that we can fight on? :P) not specific to a country or a system in particular. I guess a general and not country specific message should have been easier to understand for someone who do not announce there country or nation. What is absurd is how you tried to jump to conclusion without giving a second though to what was being said. :)

Agreed. No system is 100% full.proof. But PAD & AAD will serve its purpose. It will boost the moral of the armed forces & common men knowing that we are not completely helpless against BM attack.

Also I think it will enhance Indian second strike capabilities. But I sincerly hope better sence prevails & complete nuclear disarnament takes place in future. :close_tema:

no doubt about that. Surely the successful induction of a potent air defense system gives that much more sense of security to the operating forces.
you know, most of the systems are meant to do so. Once God Forbade a war breaks out, we can count a number of weapon systems that will quickly lose there worth, things change quickly in actual combat, for the worse usually, and, off course, for both sides.

you just wrote a few lines there is an entire thread about it they did not understand it then how will they understand now let them build castles in the air as much they want
May be you don't understand it better take debate on technical points rather just Assumptions

Guy above made point without doing technical analysis or research on the above Feild. he
Assumed without any technical data to back his BS claims that modern defense systems are partially successful on countering modern day BM's

He self decided that these systems are not-effective on countering modern missile threat without doing proper research &study on such highend technical Field.

:D why so much obsession with YOUR neighbors??
The comment was a general one (care to read again and try to dig up something that we can fight on? :P) not specific to a country or a system in particular. I guess a general and not country specific message should have been easier to understand for someone who do not announce there country or nation. What is absurd is how you tried to jump to conclusion without giving a second though to what was being said. :)

Sir with due respect. Its just pure common sense that ABM's are to counter enemy ballistic missiles. We currently have threat only from our western border. So why would I not mention you? Its a fact and a well known one. Now let me know how does our ABM's make your missiles smarter.. I quite dint get that logic of yours,

There is no guarentee of life too....but we have plans na...

Sir with due respect. Its just pure common sense that ABM's are to counter enemy ballistic missiles. We currently have threat only from our western border. So why would I not mention you? Its a fact and a well known one. Now let me know how does our ABM's make your missiles smarter.. I quite dint get that logic of yours,
Dear dear, firstly i never said that INDIAN BMD system will MAKE Pakistani ballistic missiles smarter, i will love if you can guide me to that part of my post so again, it was absurd that you read a post, jumped to a conclusion that it was regarding India and then felt obligated to reply without any facts. My point is simple, even though there are more and more advancements being made in the field of missile defense systems, the ballistic missiles are not something that are knocked out. MIRVs, wider range selections, the success rate of BMD systems are a few factors, just a very few.

Now, not to present as a fact, just for an idea, there is a reason that ballistic missiles are still feared despite developments in defense systems, a reason why Israel is worried by Iran's developments in missiles despite having one of the best missile defense system. There is a reason the super powers still do not want competitors to develop ballistic missiles or to keep the numbers in check despite the defense systems.

Secondly, it is really good to have someone from India who openly admits "currently have threat only from our western border" rather then almost every other guy here claiming that all of India's military expenditure is China specific and they don't even consider Pakistan any more as a threat. :)

Anyway, my suggestion, please do not reply to some post based on the flag of the poster. The message may be entirely different, no need to jump gun...

There is no guarentee of life too....but we have plans na...
no doubts. Never said that this was a waste of Indian resources. :) as mentioned above, this development and successful induction gives that vital sense of security that is really important.

It's like one going into battle with a sword and a shield and the other with just a sword. Shields do not ensure complete safety - but is way better than the other option.

Besides, missile defense systems are a starting point which brings systems where future development in rail guns or even lasers can be incorporated into it.

It's like one going into battle with a sword and a shield and the other with just a sword. Shields do not ensure complete safety - but is way better than the other option.

Besides, missile defense systems are a starting point which brings systems where future development in rail guns or even lasers can be incorporated into it.
very true and that surely gives that sense of security that if vital for the fighting forces. To give them that much more confidence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom