What's new

Updates on F-INSAS program

The_Sidewinder

Reaction score
Country
India
I am seeking latest updates on F-INSAS program. According to schedule, 1st phase should have been implemented by now. Is there any progress at all. I request members to contribute towards this thread with the valuable info at their disposal.
Also at MOD's if there was a similar thread opened in near past, please do marge the threads. Thank You

I am seeking latest updates on F-INSAS program. According to schedule, 1st phase should have been implemented by now. Is there any progress at all. I request members to contribute towards this thread with the valuable info at their disposal.
Also at MOD's if there was a similar thread opened in near past, please do marge the threads. Thank You

Latest I've heard- first feild trails of the personal eauipment will begin by the middle of 2014 on a yet to be announced infantry btn. Small scale/squad/platoon trials have already taken place in a limited manner as well as certain elements of the project being trailed by SF units. Certain C4I components of F-INSAS have already been tested in large scale IA exercises for the past 2-3 years and are now being rolled out to the entire IA.

The plan is still for the entire roll out by 2017 and it will take 6+ years to get the entire IA up to scratch.

One cannot underestimate the sheer complexity and scope of this project- it is not going to happen overnight, not by a long stretch ;)

Latest I've heard- first feild trails of the personal eauipment will begin by the middle of 2014 on a yet to be announced infantry btn. Small scale/squad/platoon trials have already taken place in a limited manner as well as certain elements of the project being trailed by SF units. Certain C4I components of F-INSAS have already been tested in large scale IA exercises for the past 2-3 years and are now being rolled out to the entire IA.

The plan is still for the entire roll out by 2017 and it will take 6+ years to get the entire IA up to scratch.

One cannot underestimate the sheer complexity and scope of this project- it is not going to happen overnight, not by a long stretch ;)

again it will have massive delays...........nothing new here

Given the scope, scale and ambitious nature of this project is say that was a given but the results will be well worth it ;)

i haven't heard one word on this for 2 years................

Which personal eup.. And which gun will be used ?

Phete mun Tumhara
Kabhi Postive bhi Soch liya kar Bhai :cheers:

yaar sach to sach hi rahega

humko malum hai ke jannat ki haqekat lekin
dil ko khush rakhne ko ghalib yeh khayaal(of F-INSAS) :omghaha:AACHA HAI

@Abingdonboy
thanks for the information mate. What happened to our seasoned veteran Sancho. Do you have any news on him?
@sancho missing you mate where are you?
@he-man
even i feel somethings not quite right about the program. No news what so ever in Media or from DRDO.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Unknowncommando
sometimes I wonder if our generals, policy maker and other defence agencies even care about our infentry. Same old WW2 era equipment, same old INSAS, no NVG, no hands free wireless equipment, same low quality bulletproof jackets. My heart goes out to our soldiers. Only the special forces having some modern gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom