What's new

UPDATED ! Not Kaveri but NEW Indo-US JET Engine for India:MEA

Jet Engines . For query on Kaveri . They said it's broader than Kaveri programme . Which means new jet engine or F414 production with future upgradation. As all the 4 deals are signed under ToT Production and Co - development .

Any way we will have a good western engine for our future fighter jet and Comercial Jets .

Is USA repeating what Soviet union did for India ? I think it is.

The relative low key disclosure should point that this is probably meant for commercial civilian aircrafts .

Nobody ....definitely not US will give technology for next gen fighter aircrafts .

ok lets have party tejas will fly

Tejas is flying already . But no party for you guys !!!

If they meant about next gen .Then it would be probably for fighter.

I doubt it .

Let us not get overboard . US will not share something as critical as next gen fighter aircraft jet engine technology ...

Kaveri was a complete failure like Trishul.

Kavery is not a complete failure ...It failed few critical tests and it has some issues .

Several Kavery engine derivatives are underway .

I doubt it .

Let us not get overboard . US will not share something as critical as next gen fighter aircraft jet engine technology ...

Kavery is not a complete failure ...It failed few critical tests and it has some issues .

Kavery engine project is closed but . K9/ K10 engine based on Kavery is still ongoing .

Parrikar and DRDO scrapped it after its costed thousands of crores.

Because it was going nowhere.

K9/K10?? What is that?

Parrikar and DRDO scrapped it after its costed thousands of crores.

Because it was going nowhere.

K9/K10?? What is that?

sorry , my mistake. k9/K10 are deignations for Kavery only ..

But I read somewhere that few Kavery engine derivatives are still being pursued .

So how many jet engines you have made so far indegeniously....I would like to know. At least we did not claim anything falsely.
Even we didnt claim it as successful. Did we?
But we are still trying.That unsuccessful engine might not power tejas but it is already suitable for other platforms(Uavs,ships,etc).Not to forget the experience gained is tremendous and will likely help in future engine development programs.

I doubt it .

At any case the guys in the South Block and the man in 7 Race Course Road who was harrassed by US for nothing knows more than us.
A next gen engine for transport aircraft is ridiculous because best engine with low price are available in market now a days.
We just need some consultation from US thats all .

The relative low key disclosure should point that this is probably meant for commercial civilian aircrafts .

Nobody ....definitely not US will give technology for next gen fighter aircrafts .
WE ALREADY ORDERED F414 for Tejas MK2 . Intraction between Obama and Modi gi has cleared lots of ground breaking deals including Nuclear Deal and UAVs ... why do you think there won't be TOT of F414 and lil tweaks here and there for More powerful Co developed engine for AMCA ? Of course we will use tot to produce engines for commercial jets .... And vis a Versa .

sorry , my mistake. k9/K10 are deignations for Kavery only ..

But I read somewhere that few Kavery engine derivatives are still being pursued .

No need to say sorry :P

Kaveri was a flop. We cannot make an after burning turbofan.

Its not the end of the world but its one thing we cannot make.

Even we didnt claim it as successful. Did we?
But we are still trying.That unsuccessful engine might not power tejas but it is already suitable for other platforms(Uavs,ships,etc).Not to forget the experience gained is tremendous and will likely help in future engine development programs.
Good to hear that...shabash keep gaining experience and when you get tired after spending tax payers money request Russia to help you make a cruise missile and now the newly found pitta ji to help you make jet engines,

At any case the guys in the South Block and the man in 7 Race Course Road who was harrassed by US for nothing knows more than us.
A next gen engine for transport aircraft is ridiculous because best engine with low price are available in market now a days.
We just need some consultation from US thats all .
MEA clearly states : First TOT and Production line and next Co Development of the same. I don't think US will give us f22 engines but F414 or F404. But upgraded F404 is F 414 . So I presume it's F414. As they will get more orders other than MK2 s...

Back
Top Bottom