What's new

Update NA 246 Happening/Results

Karachites are very stubborn voters my mami,s entire family voted for jamaat

They are loyal to the core to whichever party they support

What the fcuk is "Muhajir community"?!

Nobody is muhajir in Pakistan anymore. We are all Pakistanis..

Pakistanis...all of us..need to smell the coffee..

F*ck ethnic politics.
Dude, have you ever heard of local and domicile? Ever heard of 3rd div locals getting admissions in Medical colleges and first class domicile holders getting nothing? All Pakistanis? Sure! Looks like time for you to smell the coffee...

PTi is national party now and mqm become ethnic party with mohajir slogan now .pti does not have any tanzeem in this riding they have work in these mohajir areas of karachi reason is posh areas and outside areas of old karachi they don't vote for him next election if happens under Rangers and army with new voter lists mohajir Party will loose atleast half of the seats which they stole last election at gunpoint and thappas .
Without addressing the core issues that lead to the creation and evolution of MQM in the first place, it would be next to impossible to deprive MQM from her support. MQM has won this election fair and square and all the allegations of 'thappa' and 'gunpoint' mandate have evaporated in the thin air. The media trial of MQM has backlashed just as I (and many others) thought and has badly damaged the credibility of all those who were entrenched against MQM in past several months. Organization or lack of it, the tall talks of Imran and PTI are not going to get them substantial votes in Karachi unless they address the core issues, which I doubt they'll ever be able to do. Before this election, in one of my post I said that the polling result of NA-246 will determine the fate of all those who are contesting, and the one who loses will have to do real hard work for a come back. This was a bi-election and was not important at all but media hype made it into a battle of waterloo, and sure enough, it has proven a waterloo for Imran/PTI.

Last edited:
Its time to congratulate MQM on this victory.

How many others parties can perform and win under such vigilence and transperent voting.

What the fcuk is "Muhajir community"?!

Nobody is muhajir in Pakistan anymore. We are all Pakistanis..

Pakistanis...all of us..need to smell the coffee..

F*ck ethnic politics.

Are you desperately trying to fool yourself? We are Punjabi, Pathan, Sindhi, Baloch and then ofcourse we are Mohajir!!

Rename the provinces so that ethnic lines are no longer firm, realign the provincial boundaries, carve out more provinces depending upon the population and area and give autonomy to all provinces under a single, well defined and well structured constitution of Pakistan.......and eliminate divisions in the shape of quota system.

From that day on, we will all be Pakistanis!

If by 'Hong Kong status' you mean its own administrative division, then I support that. Pakistan needs more administrative divisions, not just in Karachi or Sindh. Karachi and its outskirts can have one such division.

The existing Province -> Division -> District-> Tehsil etc system isn't good enough.

If you could say that in a less offending way, I'd agree with you. The reality is that the more Muhajirs or Urdu Speakers try to separate themselves from the rest of Pakistan, the more problems they create.

I wouldn't say 'nobody is Muhajir', let them call themselves that if they want to, but they shouldn't try so hard to represent themselves as different to the rest of Pakistan because they aren't so different.

Please read my post above, when you can be Punjabi, Sindhi and so on, why cannot a community be Mohajir, especially if it is of the ancestral that migrated from other parts of pre-partition India?

That is an extremely stupid thing to say, this is just one by-election and to be honest Karachi is not that important when it comes to national electoral politics. Karachi only holds what, i think 17 seats out of a Parliament that is made up of 342 Seats.

PTI is expected to clean sweep the LB Elections in KPK, they are menacingly strong in Punjab and the only party that is going to give PML-N a fight. PML-N is aware of the threat PTI poses and that is why it is desperately trying to postpone the LB Elections. You simply cannot compare a National Party to a City Party. The real Prize is Punjab, and PTI will go into elections in Punjab with the argument that they competed against MQM head on in their home-ground while PML-N is only a Punjab Based Party.

Agreed, PTI needs to became more organized in Karachi or even Sindh as a whole. They need to develop their 'Tanzeemi Nizam', something similar to what they are building in Punjab right now. Their Organization in Lahore, my home city is very impressive and very strong. They barely had any hiccups in shutting down Lahore during the Dharna.
Sorry , it even completely stupid to think that a party like PTI will swipe out all over Pakistan in any kind of elections ?
Hype was created during genral elections in 2013 then after words , then now in Karachi at all levels PTI has emerged as a losser , with a big bad mouth , nothing else .
Taking on any political party is not doing wonders as you have tried to mention here but important thing is giving it the strong competition ?
Did PTI gave any competition to any of its competing parties ?
Against PMLn where it stands whole Pakistan knew it ?
Even in KPK , whenever PMLn wants it can kick out PTI ?
In NA , PTI can't even make its own opposition leader ?
& now whole magic is brought down by MQM, with massive lead in a bye election , which PTI thought can win because MQM is finished politically?
Sorry , PTI s crap won't be buyed & accepted any more .

2013 Election
MQM | 137874 | 76.57%

PTI | 31875 | 17.70%

JI | 10321 | 5.73%

Total | 180070

==================
2015 Election
MQM | 95644 | 73.84%

PTI | 24821 | 19.16%

JI | 9056 | 6.99%

Total | 129521

If they did not win from Azizabad, where the heck would they win from. Regardless of the BS spewed.. azizabad is loyal to the fatso in London.

lol @ who is the winner? pheww! go back to when I started commenting about NA-246. I'd stated it clearly that MQM is going to win it. I never even said that no other party is going to give them tough time.

I don't understand why you people are making a fuss about it. Azizabad is MQM's den. PTI vote bank is mostly in upper and upper-middle class while lower and lower-middle class towns is where MQM flourishes. From NA-250 to NA 254 is where PTI can give a fight to MQM just like in the re-voting of NA 250 where PTI defeated MQM handsomely. So all this bullshit talk that PTI is finished in Karachi, no vote bank etc is crap. PTI is here to stay and will now fight MQM at every corner of the city. Also today's result depicts true vote bank of MQM which is 93K not 140 K whereas PTI vote bank generally remained intact. They got 32K in 2013 with additional votes because of JI's boycott while this time they managed to secure 22K without JI's support. On the other hand MQM, will all their furious election campaign and that too in their own den, lost nearly 50K of the votes as compared to 2013 with all the sympathy votes.

P.S Wait for the official vote count. These same media channels declared NA 246 MQM vote count to 187,000 on the May 11,2013 election night but official result released later by the election commissioned was of 137 K so exact vote count of MQM may well be a bit more lesser.

Nobody has said that PTI is finished in Karachi ... But in fact PTI replaced to JI from 2nd spot ... 2nd thing PTI didn't defeat to MQM in NA-250 ... MQM didn't contest the election ...........

Rome U calling karachi romens do gun violence target killing bhata Khorri telephonic speech after drinking whisky dear sir this Rome will only fix by pti keep watching now MQM becomes a mohajir party a ethnic party of Karachi for just one seat Altaf hussain get shaft by himself by playing ethnic card what they tried to achieve .
I was referring to Organized Politics as Karachi Value Organized Politics not Electoral one that happen around the Country and if PTI doesnt want to do that then they wont get any success in Karachi at least and as for Altaf Hussain then whomever he is he still gets a support despite of Media Trials and Serious Accusations while Imran Khan despite of being Favored by Umpires doesnt stand a Chance in front of him. So its useless to discuss here as neither you have understanding nor you know anything about Karachi its not that simple for a person who lives in Homogeneous Society dominated by one Group can understand its Diverse and more Complex for someone simple minded as you are.

Nobody has said that PTI is finished in Karachi ... But in fact PTI replaced to JI from 2nd spot ... 2nd thing PTI didn't defeat to MQM in NA-250 ... MQM didn't contest the election ...........

LOL they were even losing before their boycott since MQM doesn't have balls to accept their defeat. Even a 7 years old kid can decipher this. Please come up with a better excuse next time.

You perhaps are talking about Delhi colony? No, it's a very small area in the constituency plus it's a home to several ethnic groups. Lets be fair and honest on this, Miss Shujaat had no chance to come anywhere near Dr. Alvi. PTI vote bank in Karachi isn't ethnic in nature, it's true that Pashtuns supported PTI in last elections but same goes with other ethnic groups as well. Please find me one electable that PTI awarded the ticket in Karachi, Dr. Alvi?

Agree with rest of your post, PTI has no Tanzeem in Karachi and undoubtedly MQM is one most organized party.
Even in DHA there are large number of people who are shifted from Karachi Central District and they did carry lot of sympathies with MQM and JI and about Dehli Calony its Densely Populated and carry more then 30000 Votes of NA 250. Even if PTI has any chance it was an actual NECK TO NECK competition unlike the one we observed in NA 246.

Even in last PTI Jalsa in Karachi most People were actually Pashtuns while there were large number of them from DHA, Clifton etc but were mostly Pashtuns. There are some Punjabi Elements supporting them as well but are divided between MQM, JI and PTI that is why Punjabis arent seen that prominent in Supporting PTI in Karachi at least.
LOL they were even losing before their boycott since MQM doesn't have balls to accept their defeat. Even a 7 years old kid can decipher this. Please come up with a better excuse next time.
Even if MQM got defeated in NA 250 that would definitely be Neck to neck Contest rather then NA 246 that media tried their best to prove. There is some parts of Old City area exist in NA 250 and that is MQM stronghold and there are quite a number of people shifted in DHA from Nazimabad as well so PTI doesnt actually DOMINATE that area in anyway either.

MQM was demanding to re-polling in whole constituency but demand had not been accomplished ............

Back
Top Bottom