What's new

Unmanned Tejas cleared !! But what are its Utility?

To make it 4.5th gen.

But 43 of 53 were corrected in Mk1 itself.

When will Tejas become truly 100% indigenous? I do not want to hear the BS from people who say every country outsources. I would only accept outsourcing once the capability has been indigenously built and proved. Until this happens Tejas is only partially successful.

When will Tejas become truly 100% indigenous? I do not want to hear the BS from people who say every country outsources. I would only accept outsourcing once the capability has been indigenously built and proved. Until this happens Tejas is only partially successful.

All dependent on luck and timing.

If possible, we will be able to make LCA Mk1A itself more indigenous. There is a small chance we will see DRDO designed Uttam and RWJ instead of a foreign made system on Mk1A. But it is definite for the Mk2.

And if we are lucky, we will see Kaveri on one or both jets. Or none.

Some stuff may never be indigenized, like the ejector seat, but it will be preferable to license produce it someday, like what the French do for Rafale's seat. There's a lot of civilian technologies involved which is not critical for indigenization and won't be a priority, but some Indian company will buy or make their own stuff in time if we offer them volumes.

If possible, we will be able to make LCA Mk1A itself more indigenous. There is a small chance we will see DRDO designed Uttam and RWJ instead of a foreign made system on Mk1A. But it is definite for the Mk2.

Some stuff may never be indigenized, like the ejector seat, but it will be preferable to license produce it someday, like what the French do for Rafale's seat. There's a lot of civilian technologies involved which is not critical for indigenization and won't be a priority, but some Indian company will buy or make their own stuff in time if we offer them volumes.
What happnd to LSA? :D

On topic-basically chai biskut ppl just secured anothr free decade for thmselves

At least there is some ongoing effort for engine and radar but what about other subsystems. There is no plan even on paper for some of these. That is just pathetic. Government needs to envision and fund these now with no further delay.

At least there is some ongoing effort for engine and radar but what about other subsystems. There is no plan even on paper for some of these. That is just pathetic. Government needs to envision and fund these now with no further delay.
You've to specify the subsystems.
Systems such as OBOGS is under development for Tejas which will benefit even MKI, Mig29 and M2k.
Some systems are just not worth starting a program for. When the production rate picks up, you may see some being license produced.

You've to specify the subsystems.
Systems such as OBOGS is under development for Tejas which will benefit even MKI, Mig29 and M2k.
Some systems are just not worth starting a program for. When the production rate picks up, you may see some being license produced.

Why is not worth to design and build products like the quartz radome or in-flight refuelling probe (IFR) from Cobham?

Why some of the subsystems would not be indigenized? That is poor vision and planning.

Why is not worth to design and build products like the quartz radome or in-flight refuelling probe (IFR) from Cobham?
These should be developed or produced in-house in my opinion and I hope to see something on IFR when FOC production begins.

DRDO has done some good research on stealth radomes. But it's better to continue with Cobham and use our tech on AMCA instead of wasting resources.

These should be developed or produced in-house in my opinion and I hope to see something on IFR when FOC production begins.

DRDO has done some good research on stealth radomes. But it's better to continue with Cobham and use our tech on AMCA instead of wasting resources.

Again the same phrase "wasting resources". That is a sign of the losers. Do you know LCA IOC was delayed due to delay in procuring these sub-systems? And you want the same to happen for AMCA too? Some people never learn from their mistakes.

All critical subsystems will be indigenized.

What happnd to LSA? :D

On topic-basically chai biskut ppl just secured anothr free decade for thmselves

It's MSA now. And it's still active. But nothing will happen without an active go-ahead.

All sub-systems need to be indigenized.

That's not a goal for LCA because it's pointless. We have to maintain costs also.

Companies that are making critical stuff can make the easily available stuff and offer it for production at a later date.

DRDO is not capable of making 5 gen subsystems.
As of now we haven't even made a simple mechanical slotted array for jets.
AMCA will be a waste of time and energy,they should just focus on mk1a and mk2 and just buy pakfa off the shelf.
Our defence budget is falling,R&d budget will also fall so how do we plan on making a 5 th generation in an investment which is in millions?

Back
Top Bottom