What's new

United States To Lease Or Sell A Nuclear Submarine To Australia

You don't know the future, better be prepared for the worst?
If Australia was in a hostile neighbourhood i would understand but the only country that could do something is Indonesia,i dont think that would ever happen.
Im guessing its meant for China.

If Australia was in a hostile neighbourhood i would understand but the only country that could do something is Indonesia,i dont think that would ever happen.

It's actually pretty far from China - China has enough on its plate already (PO's neighbours). Its about time large nations like Australia and Canada take their defence seriously - and quit relying on NATO.

Its just to act as a deterrent. And Australia is in a very volatile neighborhood given the situation in South China Sea. Sooner or later things will flare up, and you would want to be prepared for all sorts of contingencies.

Why would China send a sub to Australia?????

Just an American move for expanding their influence.

America needs to stay out of Australia.

China isn't sending a sub to Australia, read the article properly. You like you are chinese to me, probably flying false flags.

You don't need to have hostile Neighbours to have a prepared military.

The United States Has Indicated To Lease Or Sell A Nuclear Submarine To Australia

US floats nuclear subs option

PUBLISHED: 23 hours 40 MINUTES AGO | UPDATE: 12 hours 54 MINUTES AGO

John Kerin

The United States has indicated for the first time it would be willing to lease or sell a nuclear submarine to Australia in a move that will inflame tensions with China and force the Coalition to declare its policy on bolstering regional defence.

US Ambassador to Australia Jeffrey Bleich told The Australian Financial Review yesterday that whichever option Canberra pursued as a replacement for its Collins class submarines, Washington viewed Australia’s subs program as crucial to security in the Asia-Pacific region.

“Decisions about the design of the Australian submarine are up to Australia’s leaders, including whether they pursue diesel power or nuclear power,” Mr Bleich said. “Whatever they decide the US is willing to help.’’

US floats nuclear subs option

3f787022-5cbc-11e1-aaf4-23148e52fae4_syd-58ix345ocnsyeb5qeae--646x363.jpg

lease one to India as well.. :P

Are I reading this right?
United States To Lease Or Sell A Nuclear Submarine To Australia

A nuclear sub?

Like SERIOUSLY?

I thought the US never exported those things (including non-nuclear ones).

You are right Australia needs a Nuclear submarine against those countries:lol:

I'm flabbergasted at this news to be honest.

America exporting nuclear submarines? :woot:

Though, knowing the Aussies they could be trolling.

I'm flabbergasted at this news to be honest.

America exporting nuclear submarines? :woot:

Though, knowing the Aussies they could be trolling.
The US offered so it could be true,since the Aussies want a real blue water navy.

The US offered so it could be true,since the Aussies want a real blue water navy.

Australia doesn't really want a blue water navy.

And this news can't be true. It would takes years of training just to care for nuclear sub. Also, since this is a nuclear sub, Australia does not want to harm the environment. Have you seen the beaches here, and also the Great Barrier Reef.

I am sure Australian also wants some 40 P-3Cs along with 10+ P-3C AEW&Cs. This can also be lethal for the Chinese...

No P-3Cs, we are buying P-8 Poseidon

Boeing P-8 Poseidon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Getting 8 P-8 for the current P-3C orion

China isn't sending a sub to Australia, read the article properly. You like you are chinese to me, probably flying false flags.

He is Chinese, unsure if he is in Australia at this moment.

We don't need a Blue water navy, but at the same time we don't want to get our arse kick and waiting on US to come rescue us. Given the problem we are and we will face ahead. We will need a better sub, again, what I heard is they will either go for Gotland class or their parent type 214

@jhungary : How come you are speaking as an Australian? Me confused!:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
No P-3Cs, we are buying P-8 Poseidon

Boeing P-8 Poseidon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Getting 8 P-8 for the current P-3C orion

He is Chinese, unsure if he is in Australia at this moment.

We don't need a Blue water navy, but at the same time we don't want to get our arse kick and waiting on US to come rescue us. Given the problem we are and we will face ahead. We will need a better sub, again, what I heard is they will either go for Gotland class or their parent type 214

Given the problem we are and we will face ahead.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...lear-submarine-australia-2.html#ixzz2YNQKawrK
What problem,care to explain?

Back
Top Bottom