What's new

"Uncle Xi" supports Chinese football…even if you don't! :)

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

"Uncle Xi" supports Chinese football…even if you don't!

CCTV

A series of ‪#‎football‬-inspired ‪#‎animated‬ pictures of ‪#‎President‬ Xi Jinping have gone viral on the Chinese Internet.

The “Xi Dada” (or Uncle Xi) series feature the president scoring goals and supporting the hopes of ‪#‎China‬’s national football team.

The Chinese team has not qualified for a ‪#‎WorldCup‬ since 2002 and most Chinese would probably agree that the team could use all the help it can get.

The pictures also touched on the president’s determination to root out corruption within the world of Chinese competitive sports.

In 2012, China was gripped by the case of Xie Yalong. The former head of the Chinese Football Association was accused of taking 1.7 million yuan (about $273,000) in bribes while at the helm of the organization.

Xie was only the most famous of such cases that have unfolded in China in recent years.

Netizens on Sina Weibo were elated at the animated feature.

"Uncle Xi is always the best. Football training must begin in childhood." @JonJang.

"Chinese football can only rise fast by smashing corruption and establishing an ability-oriented recruiting system. Chinese football has great potential." @Luckymuyaqingfeng.

10492184_787313631309459_4258311206218344068_n.png

Seems like way too much hope and anticipation are pinged on the President. People often need to be reminded that changing things for the better starts with individuals' own life. I will quote the candidate Obama (the good, idealist one) here:

“One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it change a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.”

在长达84年十九届世界杯的历史上,仅有三支国家队战胜过中国国家队,分别是巴西、土耳其、哥斯达黎加。即使是巴西这样的世界强队也仅战胜过中国队一次。而中国队从未在世界杯点球大战中失利过,从来没有一支球队能够在世界杯上击败过中国队两次。从数据分析中可以看的出,世界杯史上共产生八支冠军球队,也只有巴西队曾经战胜过中国队。欧洲诸强德西荷法英意葡等从来没有世界杯上战胜过中国。而且,中国队在世界杯上丢球数远少于足球之国巴西和以防守见长的意大利,在过去84年里,中国队只丢了9个球。除此之外,世界上除了巴西,中国是唯一一支敢在胸前绣五颗星的队。

Hope Xi will solve the corruption of Chinese football tournament and reform the leadership structure over football.

Did China ever have a man football team ? I doubt it.
We need to build a new football team.

Wish someday China team could come Worldcup like Japan, Korea did ...
Maybe 2040 ?

China football vs Vietnam football, I don't know who will win.

China team can never come Worldcup if China guys keep comparing their team to Vietnam or Malaysia. I guess Thailand could win the ticket to WorldCup before Chinese team

Personally I am never a football enthusiast and do not really care the Team China qualifies for the World Cup or not. There are other areas that concern me more for China to play the leadership role.

China football vs Vietnam football, I don't know who will win.
VNese is small and short, not fit for this game, but VNese love football and some time our team can make a big surprise :partay:
  1. Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
    tuoitrenews.vn/sports/13873/vietnam-australia-3
    07-10-2013 - Cong Phuong scored twice as Vietnam gained a thrilling 5-1 win overAustralia in the last match of group F at the Asian U-19 qualifying round ...

Maybe our U 19 team can help VN to win a ticket to World cup ::oops:

Wish someday China team could come Worldcup like Japan, Korea did ...
Maybe 2040 ?

China team can never come Worldcup if China guys keep comparing their team to Vietnam or Malaysia. I guess Thailand could win the ticket to WorldCup before Chinese team
You didn't find he mocked Chinese football team?!

VNese is small and short, not fit for this game, but VNese love football and some time our team can make a big surprise :partay:

Maybe our U 19 team can help VN to win a ticket to World cup ::oops:

Niceguy, you youth team did a very good job. VN developing, but still a long way to go.

Niceguy, you youth team did a very good job. VN developing, but still a long way to go.
Yeah, our U-19 team is still young, they need 3,4 years to improve their skill. Maybe after 3,4 years, we can defeat Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia to become the best team of ASEAN region.

Hope after 5-7 years, we can defeat SK team to get a World cup ticket ( Im just dreaming SK people is much bigger and taller than VNese , they can jump higher and score with head ):p:

Btw: I think Mr. Xi should invite our U-19 team for a friendly match. Our U-19 is special, they got well train, good discipline, fair play and they r also patriot , they play for our national pride, not for the higher money they can earn in the future.

Our people really love them, we r proud of our U-19.
55604323-1389371991-u19-viet-nam-cam-on-fan-02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom