What's new

Umrah Guide?

baqai

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello everyone,

Allah ka shukar hai, i have decided to go for Umrah for the very first time, got my airlines tickets booked today and when visa policy is announced will be getting my hotels booked, since its my first time and i am only going with my wife not a group i would appreciate if you guys can give some tips and tricks, my stay is 3 nights in Medina and four nights in Makkah. I am traveling to Medina first since i didn't wanted to go around changing clothes in middle of the flight and also I have heard that Jeddah airport is very busy in comparison to Madinah.

As few of you might have read that my father passed away this month so I wanted to do a Umrah for him and also for my late mother, so in total i need to perform 3 umrahs.

How much Zamzam can we bring back? am i going to be on a VERY tight schedule?

Hello everyone,

Allah ka shukar hai, i have decided to go for Umrah for the very first time, got my airlines tickets booked today and when visa policy is announced will be getting my hotels booked, since its my first time and i am only going with my wife not a group i would appreciate if you guys can give some tips and tricks, my stay is 3 nights in Medina and four nights in Makkah. I am traveling to Medina first since i didn't wanted to go around changing clothes in middle of the flight and also I have heard that Jeddah airport is very busy in comparison to Madinah.

As few of you might have read that my father passed away this month so I wanted to do a Umrah for him and also for my late mother, so in total i need to perform 3 umrahs.

MASHA ALLAH Bro. May ALLAH accept your "Hazri" and may our Uncle get Highest places in Jannat. AAMEEN. Seeing that your stay is short so I ll try to give my input to U to best of my knowledge.

I am traveling to Medina first since i didn't wanted to go around changing clothes in middle of the flight and also I have heard that Jeddah airport is very busy in comparison to Madinah.

Very good step as Jeddah is one of the worst airport to travel. I hope U are going back through Madina, but if not then no issue. Mainly arrival and immigration at Jeddah is the issue.

There is a factory named "Zamzam Factory" in Makkah which gives U bottled Aab-e-Zamzam. But that water is in thin plastic bottles so U have to pack it at airport in special coverings. On the contrary in Haram area they do give Aab-e-Zamzam in solid containers which also need to be covered at airport but chances of spillage or breakage of those are almost nill. Plz do check with your airline if they are permitting carrying Aab-e-Zamzam as what I heard is that likes of Saudi Airlines etc werent allowing it.

since its my first time and i am only going with my wife not a group i would appreciate if you guys can give some tips and tricks, my stay is 3 nights in Medina and four nights in Makkah.

On Fridays locals also throng to both Masajids so U dont want to be stuck in the crowd, After Fajr take breakfast early and go to Masjid (Makkah of Madina wherever U are on Friday) and stay inside till Jumma Namaz or U ll be offering Namaz in lawns or outside. Few main points.

1. For Ladies there are specific timings of paying Salam at Resting Place of Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W, so do check for that and try that she is coupled with any other lady(ies) as Nawafil at Riaz-ul-Jaanah is really a group effort.

2. Watch for visitors from Africa as they are bulky (esp ladies) and U dont want to be pushed by them as everyone is in rush out there.

3. U might not be able to give "Bosa" at Hajr-e-Aswad as people are literally glued to that place and again lady really can not even approach it in that state. Clue here is that U have got Tv in room which has a channel showing live coverage of each Masjid. U can see if it aint crowdy so just rush out there. Seeing U must be amonngst the first to go for Umrah so there might not be that much rush at that time.

4. Abundant Pakistani/Indian taxi drivers are there so while avoiding any local taxi driver, be cautious as Urdu/Hindi speaking guys might be charging U more. So dont just trust them blindly and do bargain with them on fare.

5. While approaching Khana-e-Kaaba during Tawaf, never approach it straight, rather during Tawaf keep clsoing in and U can even enter "Hateem" like that really easily. Same holds good while leaving at the end of Tawaf.

6. During "Saai" First floor is quite suitable as ground floor is mostly over crowded.

7. U wud know that but again informing U that when U remove Ihram and want to perform another Umrah, then wear Ihram again and go to "Masjid-e-Aaisha" and do Niyyat again for Umrah and perform it.

8. Best cellular services are "Mobily" and "Zain". They have good packages of internet and normally calling to Pakistan via cell costs 65 halala per minute which is quite costly, so take a data Sim too for duration of your stay and call on IMO etc back Home. Whatsapp calling is banned here and services like Facebook Messenger, Tango, IMO etc keep on getting banned and restarted again. All depends.

9. Normally approaching from clock tower is easy as when U exit, U can easily go to clock tower for food and Barbers are also just next to it.

10. Never buy Ajwa and other dates from shops near Masjid-e-Nabawi, rather go to dates market and never buy fancy container packed Ajwa as they are old. Buy Ajwa from open stock and get it packed. Normal rate of quite good quality Ajwa is from 30 to 45 SAR per Kg. Dont buy those of 80-100 SAR Ajwa. Buy Ajwa and other dates from Madinah as the are costly in Makkah. Also I wud recommend that if U want to buy Ajwa powder then ask for "Al Ansar" product. It wud cost around 40-45 SAR but are guaranteed original.

If U have any other question then plz do leme know.

Last edited:
thanks a lot, my flight out is from Jeddah, i have planned my trip in such a way that i get to pray one jumma at Masjid-e-Nabvi and the other jumma at Holy Kabbah, i have a flight out to DXB on Friday night (8 pm) as per my calculations i should be free from prayers by 1 pm, by 2 pm i should be done with lunch and than i take a buss to Jeddah and i should reach the airport by 5 pm for check in

I am traveling through Emirates for all sector and have a stay in DXB as well on the way back, this is the first time in ten years we will be traveling since our marriage and we wanted to start off our "vacations" with Umrah and a much much MUCH delayed honeymoon (gosh after two kids lol) in DXB :p

Back
Top Bottom