What's new

Umayyad invasion of Sindh and the arrival of Islam

Dude provide links from nuetral source if you want to deny such books...
Or should we take it as whatever that goes against your point in discussions is treated like bed-time-story by you peoples though its based on some evidence ?
or do wish us to believe your bed time stories without any concrete evidence?

you want me to refute such nonsense:

The Jats used to part their hair in the middle --- and Mohammed liked it so well that he adopted that hair style.

One of them had cured Ayesha, Mohammed's youngest wife, of an ailment induced through witchcraft practised by her maid-servant

they got hold of the local gold idols, which they then sold to the king of Sindh.

Governor Ziyad then appointed Munzir, son of Harud, son of Bazhar, in A.D. 680 to go and get Sindh. However, as he got up in the court, his robe was caught in a piece of wood and torn, Abdullah, the governor of Iraq, took this as a bad omen and wailed: Munzir will never return from this journey and will die.''

At this stage, Hajjaj, a notorious pervert and tyrant, was appointed governor of Iraq.

On an ``auspicious day'' in A.D. 711 --- fixed by astrologers --- Mohammed Bin Qasim started for Sindh at the head of the Iraqi, Syrian, and other Arab soldiers of fortune. His horses and camels were given coats of mail to look like lions and elephants, respectively!

i think enough said! so muslims believed in treatment by magic insteado quran & believed in omens instead of Allah and were perverts? & the prophet liked middle parting hair style?

but just to please you

MUHAMMAD BIN QASIM:LIFE AND MESSAGE (saifudheen kunju) - Academia.edu

reason for succes of MOHAMMED BIN QASEM:

1) Superior military equipment. This was one of major reasons of victory in Sind.

(2) Troop discipline ad leadership. The generalship of Muhammad bin Qasim was agreed by hisarmy and they depended in abilities of Muhammad bin Qasim. He archived his objectives moreby negotiation and the grant of liberal terms than by sanguine warfare.

(3) The concept of jihad as a morale booster. Jihad was main reason of this success. BecauseMuslims always wish victory of Islam over all other ideologies. It is duty of Muslims that torelease the humankind from slavery of brutal regiments and propagate Islam.

(4)Specialty of Islam and its moral stands include the wide-ranges of life. Meantime Dahir whowas the ruler of Sind married to his sister and other immoral activities which alienated him fromhis others. Islam’s moral studies were influenced deeply in Indian mind.

(5)Tortures of Hindu rulers, especially Dahir against Buddhists. Muhammad bin Qasim offeredthem full religious freedom and treated the local population generously and even the spiritualleaders of local religions were given salaries from the government fund. The Buddhistspopulation of Sind decided to extend full cooperation to Mohammad bin Qasim and evenacclaimed him as liberator from Brahmin tyranny. The Buddhists ruler of Nerun (Hyderabad)had secret correspondence with Muhammad bin Qasim, similarly, Bajhra and kaka kolak,Buddhist rajas of Sewstan, allied themselves with Muhammad bin Qasim.

(6) Ready support from the lower caste races; the Jats and meds(

(7) Positive response by Muhammad bin Qasim to overtures of surrender and an avoidance ofexcessive bloodshed and destruction.

Saifudeen Kunju is a neutral source?

atleast he doesn't talk about astrology middle parting & goats wearing "mail" looking like lions! please read his version which is purely military & not nonsense that you guys posted! besides i remember you saying YOU KNOW HISTORY THROUGH WORD OF MOUTH THROUGH COMMUNIICATING FOR CENTURIES WITHIN FAMILY! :lol:

It doesn't matter dude,it still is a lie.

So you are pitting some idiots versus Saifuddin Kunju?

Is outdoing them his aukaat?

and this book or text has no citations it is as true as any bed time story about princess & the frog!
Muhammad Kásim recei*ves an order from the Khalífah.

The next day when the king of stars made his appearance from behind the curtain of night, a camelman bearing a letter from the capital of the Khalífahs arrived. Mu*hammad son of Alí, and Abdul Hasan Humadání relate that at the time of Rai Dáhar's death, two of his virgin daughters had been captured in his seraglio. Muhammad Kásim sent them in charge of some Abyssinian servants to the holy city of Baghdád.* The Khalífah ordered them to be taken into his seraglio, in order that they might take rest and be comforted for some days, and be in a fit con*dition to be admitted into his bed-chamber. After some time* the Khalífah remembered them, and ordered that both, of them be brought to him at night. When they came, Walìd son of Abdul Malik required his interpreter to make the usual enquiries, and to ask them as to which of them was the elder, so that one of them might be kept back and taken care of till her sister's turn was over. The interpreter first asked their names. The elder of them said, “My name is Súrijdew,”* and the younger said “My name is Pirmaldew.” He then called the elder sister to himself, and ordered the younger to be removed and taken care of. When he seated the elder near himself, she unveiled her face and the Khalífah of the time looked at it, and became charmed with her perfect beauty. Her blood-sucking blandishments, took away patience from his heart, and he began to take liberties with her, and, catching hold of Súrijdew, pulled her to himself. Súrijdew sprang up and said: “May the king live long: I, a humble slave, am not fit for your Majesty's bed-room, because the just amír, Imáduddín Muhammad Kásim kept us both with him for 3 days, and then sent us to the Khalífah. Perhaps your custom is such, or else this kind of disgrace should not be permitted by kings.” At that moment his passion for the girl blinded the Khalífah. He lost patience, and his excess of jealousy did not permit him to make any enquiries. He therefore immediately sent for pen, ink and paper, and with his own hands wrote an order, directing that “Muhammad Kásim should, wherever he may be, put himself in raw leather* and come back to the chief seat of the Khalífah.”
Muhammad Kásim arrives at Udhápur and receives the Khalífah's order.

When Muhammad Kásim received this order on his arrival at Udhápur, he at once asked his men to put him into a fresh hide. This was done and the living parcel was placed in a box and carried away. Muhammad Kásim thus in a short time breathed his last. After his death the governors, appointed to different divisions of the country, remained in charge of them. As for the box, it was taken to the Khalífah. The men who had brought it, at first requested the chief attendant, to inform Walíd son of Abdul Malik son of Marwán that Muhammad Kásim had been brought. “Is he dead or alive?” in*quired the Khalífah. “He is dead” was the reply. “He got your order in the town of Udhápur, and immediately he enclosed himself in raw leather. After two days* he entrusted his soul to God and went to the everlasting abode. The rulers and governors appointed by him to different places have remained secure in their possessions and are trying their best to administer the country well in the name of the Khalífah, whom they duly mention (with praise) in the orations and addresses that are delivered from the pulpits.”
The Khalífah opens the box.

Then the Khalífah raised the lid, and opened the box. The two girls were also called to be present there. The Khalífah had a stick of green emerald in his hand at that time, and he placed it on the teeth of the dead body, and said: “O daughters of Rái Dáhar, look how our orders are promptly obeyed by our officers; they are ever anxious to carry them out strictly. As soon as he got our letter in Kanúj, he sacrificed his dear life at our behest.”
Conversation between Dá-har's daugh er Jankí* and the Khalífah Abdul Malik.

Hearing this, the virgin girl, Jankí,* removed her veil from her face and placing her head on the ground, said: “May the king live long, and may his power and dignity increase and last for many many years! The sovereign of the time, who is supposed to be a perfect paragon of wisdom, should consider it his duty, to weigh and test (like gold) whatever comes to his ears whether from a friend or a foe, and when he finds it to be true beyond doubt, then only (and not before) is he justified in issuing decisive orders, lest he be punished by the divine wrath and held up to scorn by human tongues. It is true that your command is strictly obeyed, but it never occurred to your majesty to make a preliminary enquiry. The fact is that Muhammad Kásim was like a brother or a son to us; he never touched us, your slaves, and our chastity was safe with him. But in as much as he brought ruin on the king of Hind and Sind, desolated the kingdom of our fathers and grandfathers, and degraded us from princely rank to slavery, we have, with the inten*tion of being revenged on him and of bringing ruin and degradation on him in return, misrepresented the matter and spoken a false thing to your majesty against him. Now our object is gained, for by means of this deceit and falsehood, we have taken our revenge. As for your majesty's passing an urgent and irresistable order, if the excess of lust and passion had not eclipsed and clouded your majesty's reason and judgment, you would have thought it proper to enquire into the matter first and would not have made yourself blameworthy and repentant. As for Muhammad Kásim himself if he bad had any sense in him he would have travelled in the usual way, till he had arrived within a day's journey from here, and then enclosed himself in raw leather, so that after enquiries had been made he would have been acquitted and would not have died.”

When the Khalífah heard all this, he was so much overpowered by grief, that he bit the back of his hand.
Another speech of Jankí.

The Princess Jankí then once more attempted to speak, and looking at the Khalífah and finding that he was much enraged, said: “The king has committed a great blunder, since for the sake of two slave girls he has killed a man who captured a hundred thousand noble girls like us, brought down seventy kings, who were rulers of Hind and Sind from a royal throne to a bier, and built mosques and minarets in place of idol-houses and temples. Even if it be assumed that he did some slight mischief or was guitly of an inde*cent act, Muhammad Kásim should not have been killed simply on the slanderous word of a malicious individual.”

The Khalífah immediately ordered the two sisters to be buried alive in a wall.* From that time up to our own days, the banner of Islám has been rising higher and higher and gaining greater and greater glory day by day.
chchnama PHI Persian Literature in Translation

It was the warriors who helped the Sufi's get to the indigenous population, it was the custom of holy men to travel with the conquering army, it was always the sufis that converted the population to Islam.

With the beauty of Sufi Devotional Poetry it is easy to see, why the people were able to convert, they were able to learn the local languages and able to do their missionary work much more effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
you want me to refute such nonsense:

The Jats used to part their hair in the middle --- and Mohammed liked it so well that he adopted that hair style.

One of them had cured Ayesha, Mohammed's youngest wife, of an ailment induced through witchcraft practised by her maid-servant

they got hold of the local gold idols, which they then sold to the king of Sindh.

Governor Ziyad then appointed Munzir, son of Harud, son of Bazhar, in A.D. 680 to go and get Sindh. However, as he got up in the court, his robe was caught in a piece of wood and torn, Abdullah, the governor of Iraq, took this as a bad omen and wailed: Munzir will never return from this journey and will die.''

At this stage, Hajjaj, a notorious pervert and tyrant, was appointed governor of Iraq.

On an ``auspicious day'' in A.D. 711 --- fixed by astrologers --- Mohammed Bin Qasim started for Sindh at the head of the Iraqi, Syrian, and other Arab soldiers of fortune. His horses and camels were given coats of mail to look like lions and elephants, respectively!

i think enough said! so muslims believed in treatment by magic insteado quran & believed in omens instead of Allah and were perverts? & the prophet liked middle parting hair style?

but just to please you

MUHAMMAD BIN QASIM:LIFE AND MESSAGE (saifudheen kunju) - Academia.edu

reason for succes of MOHAMMED BIN QASEM:

1) Superior military equipment. This was one of major reasons of victory in Sind.

(2) Troop discipline ad leadership. The generalship of Muhammad bin Qasim was agreed by hisarmy and they depended in abilities of Muhammad bin Qasim. He archived his objectives moreby negotiation and the grant of liberal terms than by sanguine warfare.

(3) The concept of jihad as a morale booster. Jihad was main reason of this success. BecauseMuslims always wish victory of Islam over all other ideologies. It is duty of Muslims that torelease the humankind from slavery of brutal regiments and propagate Islam.

(4)Specialty of Islam and its moral stands include the wide-ranges of life. Meantime Dahir whowas the ruler of Sind married to his sister and other immoral activities which alienated him fromhis others. Islam’s moral studies were influenced deeply in Indian mind.

(5)Tortures of Hindu rulers, especially Dahir against Buddhists. Muhammad bin Qasim offeredthem full religious freedom and treated the local population generously and even the spiritualleaders of local religions were given salaries from the government fund. The Buddhistspopulation of Sind decided to extend full cooperation to Mohammad bin Qasim and evenacclaimed him as liberator from Brahmin tyranny. The Buddhists ruler of Nerun (Hyderabad)had secret correspondence with Muhammad bin Qasim, similarly, Bajhra and kaka kolak,Buddhist rajas of Sewstan, allied themselves with Muhammad bin Qasim.

(6) Ready support from the lower caste races; the Jats and meds(

(7) Positive response by Muhammad bin Qasim to overtures of surrender and an avoidance ofexcessive bloodshed and destruction.

saifudheen kunju??????????? :O
Its my fault !! I guessed that some people know what "Nuetral " means !! My apologies for mistake.
Carry on mud throwing. We arent bothered by baseless blaims & ranting! Enjoy.

Saifudeen Kunju...lol...cant stop laughing at !my sorries again

saifudheen kunju??????????? :O
Its my fault !! I guessed that some people know what "Nuetral " means !! My apologies for mistake.
Carry on mud throwing. We arent bothered by baseless blaims & ranting! Enjoy.

Saifudeen Kunju...lol...cant stop laughing at !my sorries again

oh great you tip toed your way around the thing i questioned. nice way of dodging the bullet there mate! carry on posting your erotic stories. which are as true as sidney sheldon books!

When he seated the elder near himself, she unveiled her face and the Khalífah of the time looked at it, and became charmed with her perfect beauty. Her blood-sucking blandishments, took away patience from his heart, and he began to take liberties with her, and, catching hold of Súrijdew, pulled her to himself.

:lol:
makes me want to read SAWITA BHABI NOVELS!

It was the warriors who helped the Sufi's get to the indigenous population, it was the custom of holy men to travel with the conquering army, it was always the sufis that converted the population to Islam.
\
With the beauty of Sufi Devotional Poetry it is easy to see, why the people were able to convert, they were able to learn the local languages and able to do their missionary work much more effectively.

There were no sufis at that time but I can understand you got that line from Urdu literature book taught for grade 9.

sufis didn't bring islam! and if they did it is the peeri faqiri type that we see in BHITSHAH or DATA DARBAR! the normal shia & sunni sects came natrually to south asia. usually muslim rule was so just & equality was given that people got influenced and embraced islam & stuck to it even after the arabs left.

No Sufis,

Jatts & Rajputs converted for political power,thats all.

so then why did these people not convert for political power under the british rule? and come back to hinduism after india was formed?

i don't understand are you trying to deny the religion or a race or what.

so then why did these people not convert for political power under the british rule? and come back to hinduism after india was formed?

i don't understand are you trying to deny the religion or a race or what.

I am not denying religion/race.

No Upper Caste person had to convert to gain benefits from British,

They got education easily,they were the elites of their zone along with the Arains and they did lose land to the Arain which they would have otherwise obtained.

I dont know their situation during the Sikh Empire,but maybe some did convert.

Overall, Both Hindu/Sikh & Muslim Rajputs/Jatts are power enclaves and you cannot go back to the original religion after so many years in a different way.

They didn't have to as well.

If the Marathas/Rajputs/Jatts had united under one empire and controlled the territory after 3rd Battle of Panipat many might have converted.

No, sufis came from herat province of afghanistan while invaders came from present day iraq, uzbekistan, turkey.

Nusrat Fateh ali Khan Saab's ancestors came to Jalandhar from Afghanistan,Herat/Kabul/Kandahar is not clear and makes no difference.

Back
Top Bottom