What's new

Ukrainian AI-222-25F engine may replace Russian RD-93 in JF-17 jets

Okey enough said....I have posted it before that the Ukrainians have only Proposed this engine and are eyeing it as an Complement to J-2X/J-15.....There is no such news as this powering FC-1 or JFT, the bad is that this engine is very new, the good is that Ukraininans are willing to offer ToT
6428547705_c5a1bfc785_b.jpg

See,

Now if PAF had sense they would purchase majority stock in that company.

Engine is the heart of an aircraft. RD93 with all its faults and threat of Russian sanctions is a tried and tested engine with proven reliability. Ukranian aircraft engine is too much of a gamble.

China has spent billions on million on research & development which a country such as Ukraine cannot afford. Only after Chinese Wopen engine is fully mature, it may be used in JF-17. Until such time I would stick with RD93 or its advanced versions.

See,

Now if PAF had sense they would purchase majority stock in that company.
That would be a very complex decision....This newer engine will materialize in 3 years as per company (who knows what awaits the investor), If there would ever be a change, it would be WS-13, not this unborn baby...

That would be a very complex decision....This newer engine will materialize in 3 years as per company (who knows what awaits the investor), If there would ever be a change, it would be WS-13, not this unborn baby...

I hope men in blue don't share that line of thought.

FC-1 is not the end of the road, the world has progressed years in days by acquiring companies, their intellectual property rights and research etc.

men in blue can wash their sins now, if they think straight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom