What's new

UAE throws weight behind Musharraf

Foreign govt have so much leverage in pakistani politics because of multiple power center in pakistan.
Any ruler will try to keep key foreign allies happy(even at personal level) so that when they fall out of favour in their own country, they can take shelter.

Could some one explain Why?

What is the big bonus for the UAE in having Musharraf back?

USA, Israel and most probebly India as well, wanted Musharaf to stay in power. Got the reason?

All friendly countries stand behind Musharaf, USA, Israel and India just to name a few. Such a great leader he was. :tdown:

Every leader in Pakistan, civil or military, gains power through a process that ensures that they will toe the line as and when needed, or be deposed.

That is the truth, plain and simple, and one that should not come as any surprise.

He was the best leader we ever had and ever will have i sure hope he comes back to being our leader again now the saftey issue for him is a whole another story.

anyone who thinks musharraf was a great leader for pakistan is very very naive..

I am not sure whether GOI prefers Mush to others. Could be because he was closer to a solution on kashmir than others. Also, it was easy to deal with a single power center.

But then when Obama came to power, everybody was saying indo-us relation will go downhill. Turned out, he is quite okey. He may not walk an extra mile like bush, but good enough for India.

So, who knows. Next pakistani PM could be better than Mush.(for India)
Having preference is one thing, throwing once weight behind is a different matter.

Apart from much more, they will get permission to "import" poor children again for their freaking camel races !

Stop being so racist.

UAE has helped Pakistan a lot in the past. They were one of the biggest donors during the floods. There has been many times when they have supported us politically and financially. Now our pilots get experience in their planes.

Stop being so racist.

UAE has helped Pakistan a lot in the past. They were one of the biggest donors during the floods. There has been many times when they have supported us politically and financially. Now our pilots get experience in their planes.

I am not being racist but I think you might wanna check the same with your Arab brothers?

Our pilots get experience in their planes so now they have every right to choose who is going to rule Pakistan?

I am not being racist but I think you might wanna check the same with your Arab brothers?

Our pilots get experience in their planes so now they have every right to choose who is going to rule Pakistan?

They are just supporting Musharraf. We let US run up and down our country but we have a problem if UAE says it supports a certain political leader in Pakistan?

I'm not an arab lover but it seems some people have a grudge against them (perhaps the camel remarks gave it away).

Some mature comments but mostly childish comments.

First of all, it is not only the UAE but Jordan and the Saudis also would like to have a credible person to run Pakistan. Jordan just gave Pres Musharraf a state protocol on his visit.

Their interest in Pakistani politics is natural as we all live in the same neighbourhood and Pakistan indirectly counters the Iranian influence.

We as Pakistanis also influence the politics of other countries. In Canada, majority of Pakistanis vote in favour of Liberals in order to keep the Conservatives out and the Pakistani voting trend in the US is in favour of the Republicans.

They are just supporting Musharraf. We let US run up and down our country but we have a problem if UAE says it supports a certain political leader in Pakistan?

I'm not an arab lover but it seems some people have a grudge against them (perhaps the camel remarks gave it away).

Two wrongs do not make a right! It is true that US is literally running Pakistan but no body is supporting that either. What i am saying is that its purely an internal matter of Pakistan and nobody but people of pakistan have the right to choose their leaders.

Yes I have a grudge against them because they have harmed this country more than the US!

Good move by Dubai, I guess none of the countries would have made any move if People of Pakistan knew, what is good for us. But unfortunatly Pakistani elect people like nawaz/ zardari/BB .... We need that man back in Pakistan to run this country with better understanding. I truly want him to get elected now. since he was already a democratic mindset person but after getting elected politically he would have more values for others, which will make him one of the best in the history of Pakistan, Mark my words today, If Musharraf got elected, He would make the best political figure in the history of Pakistan..... Now that we all are aware of defense of Pakistan and achivements of him during his government. We would realize it. Second best option is Imran khan but he is way emotional and i can't imagin Imran running a country and we not getting sanctioned to eyeballs. or if army keep imran on check! then he will make the same political figure as anyother. which means just talk!

They are doing very well without democracy. Everyone loves the royal family, too...

Once the oil dries up, so will the 'love' for the royals.

I hope to see the day when Pakistan can throw its weight behind some candidate running in another nation.

Seriously, if we were self reliant, if we did not need economic aid, we would be free of such interference. That is why we must pursue economic development above all else.

Our foreign policy is flawed, we must be independent of foreign dictate and we should do what is best for our nation, not to please some two bit Arab or some dumb Yank.

Exactly!
Right now our political process looks like a dancing monkey show. Everyone puts in a dollar and demands a show.

neighbourhood and Pakistan indirectly counters the Iranian influence.

Why do we need to 'counter' Iranian influence? We want no part of the centuries old Arab-Persian, Shia-Sunni war. Let them fight it out themselves and leave us out of it, thank you very much.

I used to respect Musharraf, even willing to overlook his little judicial firing adventures, but he has really gone off the deep end lately. First he joined the Pakistan MUSLIM League, after complaining about our excessive Islamization. Then he backstabbed Pakistan by revealing State secrets just to settle personal scores and damage some people's reputations. Lately, he has been trying to atone for his blabbermouth episodes and issuing empty, predictable, patriotic platitudes and by attacking India.

He clearly has no political strategy or vision and is just flailing around to regain relevance.

batman, UAE needs pakistan more than pakistan needs the UAE. if they are the middleman for trade, it is because they skim off a handsome chunk in fees. stop selling your country short for some two bit businessman prince al zayed. does Pakistan have any say in the leadership or public policy of Dubai? how many pakistanis live in Dubai?

Don't address me go tell your lowly ruling ministers and AQ khan.

Agno, i like to add to my last comment:
Nigeria have oil and Liberia have diamonds but both countries failed to make them Dubai.

Pakistan have worlds second biggest gold mine and presumably more energy and mineral reserves than any other state and yet we are not Dubai.

Afghanistan is a classic example... the most rich country in minerals can buy whole Dubai from 1/10 of its minerals but look at them warlords are only filling Indian banks.

Back
Top Bottom