What's new

U.S. Will Not Let Iran Buy Arms When U.N. Embargo Ends: Pompeo

I think Iran has done well in producing Miltary hardware. Apart from some crucial componets like jet engienes and plane mounted radar they basically have hands dipped in everything. Sanctions on iran have become more symbolic bcz China and Russia clearly dont give a rats arse about their sanctions. By hook or crook tech will get smuggled under the radar making these sanctions useless.

Why?

Whats the alternative?
the alternative maybe anything but not two airplane first j-10 is not in class of f-14 and su-30 is in same generation than f-14 and can't be relied on for next 30 years

the alternative maybe anything but not two airplane first j-10 is not in class of f-14 and su-30 is in same generation than f-14 and can't be relied on for next 30 years

What other options does Iran have?

Your gonna have to replace your F-4 and F-14 sooner rather than later.

The rest of your air force is a mix of types which is haphazard.

You guys can stimulate your aviation industry by TOT and making either a Flanker variant or J-10CE in house.

Either of those types would be a massive improvement to what you guys have now.

Apart from some crucial componets like jet engienes and plane mounted radar
we have digitized F-14 radar and designed new radar for f-5 and f-14 what we really are behind is airborne early warning radar and for that first we need powerful engines to power the airplane and provide enough spare power for radar . also the engine must be efficient enough so the plane can stay airborne for a long time .

What other options does Iran have?
if there is no other option , it wont mean you must go a and throw the money away. we can use it to develop our light fighter program until other option become available or it become advanced enough so we can move on to heavy fighter program .
we can invest it on our drone program and develop an interceptor drone .
when we talk about modernizing Iran Air-force we are talking about at least 10 milliard dollar of investment maybe more you can't just throw it away , you must think what you can do with that money.

Sorry , USA won't give us F22
sorry if we want to compete with USA plane to plane and ship to ship then we end up like USSR, Bankrupted and Balkanized .

No offence but I would take a modern Flanker over anything available in Iranian fleet rn.
but inferrior to anything our enemy throw in front of it.

if there is no other option , it wont mean you must go a and throw the money away. we can use it to develop our light fighter program until other option become available or it become advanced enough so we can move on to heavy fighter program .
we can invest it on our drone program and develop an interceptor drone .
when we talk about modernizing Iran Air-force we are talking about at least 10 milliard dollar of investment maybe more you can't just throw it away , you must think what you can do with that money.

I wish you guys well but Iran has a massive tactical deficit in the air if war comes.

Developing your own aviation industry and materializing a viable platform is gonna take ALOT of time and money.

And in case war breaks out, Iran is vulnerable.

Just my opinion, but I think IRIAF needs to field some modern types NOW while working on a long term indigenous solution(s).

And China and Russia are the only theoretical sources for import.

But yes, funds are limited so spend wisely.

You guys can stimulate your aviation industry by TOT and making either a Flanker variant or J-10CE in house.

Either of those types would be a massive improvement to what you guys have now.
the money spent on that can simulate our fighter program better ,but as I said they are inferrior to what our enemy put in front of it and J-10c can be a replacement for f-4 not f-14s

but inferrior to anything our enemy throw in front of it.

Well that is correct, it is actually very frustrating because there is no possible way to stop a modern air force if you lack a very expensive suite of complex tools.

We have this Turkish folk poet who once said: "After gun had been invented, bravery died." :-)

If politics and funds allow, Iran should replace the IRIAF's F-14s and F-4s with either the Su-30SME (or specialized variant) or Su-35SE. The rest of its fighter fleet, which is mainly comprised of old, and not very capable light fighters, could be replaced with either the MiG-35 or FC-20E (J-10C).

Back
Top Bottom