What's new

U.S. sees China's rise as no threat

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
U.S. sees China's rise as no threat

United States does not see China's rise as a threat, nor does it seek to contain the Asian nation's ascent, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Monday.

"As you know, we welcome the rise of a prosperous, successful China that plays a growing role in world affairs, consistent with global rules, global norms and institutions, and a China that's committed to advancing a positive bilateral relationship with us," Nuland said, in response to a question about a white paper issued by China last week on its peaceful development.

"We don't see China's rise as a threat, nor do we seek to contain China's rise," she said.

She also said that any statement by China "where it elaborates its intentions geostrategically" is welcome. "But we continue to hope that we can have more military transparency," she added.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, who made an official visit to China last month, wrote in The New York Times last week that he remained convinced that a successful China could make the U.S. more prosperous, as trade and investment have bound the two countries together, and they share "common challenges and responsibilities" on issues from global security to global economic growth and have incentives to work together.

U.S. sees China's rise as no threat: spokeswoman

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, who made an official visit to China last month, wrote in The New York Times last week that he remained convinced that a successful China could make the U.S. more prosperous, as trade and investment have bound the two countries together, and they share "common challenges and responsibilities" on issues from global security to global economic growth and have incentives to work together.

Of course, in a globalized economy, the prosperity of one country will often be beneficial to that of another country.

There's only so much oil.
And rare earth metals.
And ....

Yes, geostrategy ensures that countries like the USA, China, Russia etc. will always be playing a shadowy game over resources.

But they are all too big to fight with each other directly, so it is always done via proxy.

I don't know what's going to happen, I just know it's going to be a colourful decade ahead. Military confrontation between the world strong power and the world's second strong power would be an unbelievably dangerous situation.

We got through the cold war by the skin of our teeth.

Vasili Arkhipov

I don't know what's going to happen, I just know it's going to be a colourful decade ahead. Military confrontation between the world strong power and the world's second strong power would be an unbelievably dangerous situation.

Vasili Arkhipov

The current situation is more like the biggest power behaving like a mafia boss leader who is collecting "protection money" from the 2nd biggest power by surrounding that 2nd biggest power with thug states.

Vasili Arkhipov

Got through? Mao's Great Leap Forward killed more Chinese than the Japanese did. I wouldn't be surprised if someone usurps your paramount leader and pushes the country back 20 years again.

Got through? Mao's Great Leap Forward killed more Chinese than the Japanese did. I wouldn't be surprised if someone usurps your paramount leader and push the country back 20 years again.

Incorrect. Bones from WW2 are still being dug up today but there's no evidence of even a single person dying in the Great Leap Forward. No photographs, no video evidence, no graveyards, no bones, no nothing. The accused 10 million (Deng dictatorship's own estimate) is 1.) less than Japan's killings 2.) no evidence exists for it.

Taiwan and USA ran daily spy flights over China during the 50's and 60's and would've easily seen any evidence of mass death and were looking for any excuse to bash China, but no one talked about even the existence of the Great Leap Forward until 1980's when the dictator Deng needed to bash Mao to legitimize his military rule.

BTW, if you think that corpses can be burned in secret when there's daily spy flights with high resolution cameras over your country, I got a 5000 dollar pentagon coffee machine to sell ya.

Incorrect. Bones from WW2 are still being dug up today but there's no evidence of even a single person dying in the Great Leap Forward. No photographs, no video evidence, no graveyards, no bones, no nothing. The accused 10 million (Deng dictatorship's own estimate) is 1.) less than Japan's killings 2.) no evidence exists for it.

Taiwan and USA ran daily spy flights over China during the 50's and 60's and would've easily seen any evidence of mass death and were looking for any excuse to bash China, but no one talked about even the existence of the Great Leap Forward until 1980's when the dictator Deng needed to bash Mao to legitimize his military rule.

BTW, if you think that corpses can be burned in secret when there's daily spy flights with high resolution cameras over your country, I got a 5000 dollar pentagon coffee machine to sell ya.
That is absurd. Those flights were military reconnaissance flights so why should they by flying over the vast agricultural expanse where the famine deaths occurred? And even when they do fly over those farmlands, what make you think the cameras were rolling?

That is absurd. Those flights were military reconnaissance flights so why should they by flying over the vast agricultural expanse where the famine deaths occurred? And even when they do fly over those farmlands, what make you think the cameras were rolling?

Soviet Union ALSO ran spy flights and from the other direction; no mention of this in Soviet archives either.

China's main agricultural regions, besides Henan and Sichuan, are on the coast. Evidence of mass starvation, death due to starvation, and/or disposing of the bodies resulting from such would've been easily seen by at least ONE contemporary, if that's true at all.

So lets list some facts from 1960:

1. My grandfather, who was a political criminal in the 1960's, survived, and saw no one die. Logically, you'd think that they'd starve the political criminals to death first.
2. There's no mention of this event or associated events in Soviet records.
3. There's no mention of this event or associated events in US or allied records.
4. There's no mention of this event or associated events in China's state records.
5. Every book written about this event was written in the 1980's at the earliest, 30 years after it took place.

In the older thread about the GLF, I posted a demographics chart that showed that 90% of the cohort born in 1955-1965 were still alive and remaining in China as of 1990.

No need to argue about this here though, its off topic and it is just a reply to a dumb@ss troll.

Back
Top Bottom