What's new

U.S. runs out of investor visas again as Chinese flood program

But the cash flow is working, you have revenues, this is an operating cycle, unless the business is screwed up.

I heard from some one that F1 holders can start a business, but they can't run it, or self-employment without at least an OPT.

Well, as I said, you can buy someone else established business for 200,000. Profitable or not, you still have to pay for the caps and screws for ur business, so you should separate them from potential earning and capital

I did not say you cannot own a business with F1, you can buy a business given you partner with a resident (For tax and business registration) But you cannot conduct business activities with a F1

$200,000 business but expenses like rent, wages, stock and tax will eat you up.

The best way is to buy the building to negate rent and guarantee business for the long run but $200,000 wont even sctatch the surface of commercial building real estate.

Its too much of a gamble to start a restaurant with only $200,000 dollar capital.

$200,000 business but expenses like rent, wages, stock and tax will eat you up.

The best way is to buy the building to negate rent and guarantee business for the long run but $200,000 wont even sctatch the surface of commercial building real estate.

Its too much of a gamble to start a restaurant with only $200,000 dollar capital.

200k is not enough; at least 500k.

At least.

If I'm a mainlander, I will immigrate to US too.

If you know what mainland look like, you will agree with me and other smart mainlanders.

yup the chinese are coming in with suitcase full of cash...there is a limit how many laundromats and noodle shops they can open and prosper but that is not what they are doing. They are buying condos. I met a group in a NJ/NY waterfront condo (we were both looking at some property to invest) and asked them if they are moving - they said they won't move but spend half the year or more here, some in HK and as little as possible in China mainland. Can't blame them. Anyway what surprised the heck out was they are not too keen to rent out the properties they buy - they just lock it up and in some cases even pay someone to periodically check on it, water plants where there are plants etc! They literally have no place to invest except the good old US of A

yup the chinese are coming in with suitcase full of cash...there is a limit how many laundromats and noodle shops they can open and prosper but that is not what they are doing. They are buying condos. I met a group in a NJ/NY waterfront condo (we were both looking at some property to invest) and asked them if they are moving - they said they won't move but spend half the year or more here, some in HK and as little as possible in China mainland. Can't blame them. Anyway what surprised the heck out was they are not too keen to rent out the properties they buy - they just lock it up and in some cases even pay someone to periodically check on it, water plants where there are plants etc! They literally have no place to invest except the good old US of A

Chinese are buying off properties all over the planet........

Australia have seen the Chinese properties boom when the Chinese will come up here and offer price that 2 to 3 times of the listing price and snatch off properties. They don't lease or sold the properties afterward. just left there ...

Australia have seen the Chinese properties boom when the Chinese will come up here and offer price that 2 to 3 times of the listing price and snatch off properties. They don't lease or sold the properties afterward. just left there ...

that's right. they don't seem to care about returns, just as long as they can preserve capital or most of it. Most of them I suspect have this fear of all of it being taken away from them if they don't stash it outside the mainland China (now even the HK avenue is shut!). China must be the poorest country with more cash than the richest country!

It's money, baby. Use it while it's hot ! The same thing the Chinese are doing now is what Japanese were doing in the 1980s, 1990s. Residential property is, generally, the best investment. :)

that's right. they don't seem to care about returns, just as long as they can preserve capital or most of it. Most of them I suspect have this fear of all of it being taken away from them if they don't stash it outside the mainland China (now even the HK avenue is shut!). China must be the poorest country with more cash than the richest country!

2 thing Chinese like properties overseas.

1.) They are BIGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

You can buy a condo in Hong Kong or China for 5-6 millions but that condo, or apartment, will only be like 500 sq ft. My brother just bought an apartment in Hong Kong in Sham Shui Po for 5 millions HKD ($800,000 USD) for 427 square ft.

in Australia, $800,000 USD which is about $900,000 AUD can get you a house with 470 square meter block in metro, if you are willing to move into regional area, 900,000 AUD can get you 2 acre properties....

2.) It's easier to buy properties overseas.

In China, you have to prove that you are the residence of that province to buy or sell properties in that area, generally, unless you grease the official, there are no way you can buy properties in booming area if you are not from there.

No problem like that in US or Australia, as long as you have the money, you can buy whatever the hell you want.

It's money, baby. Use it while it's hot ! The same thing the Chinese are doing now is what Japanese were doing in the 1980s, 1990s. Residential property is, generally, the best investment. :)

Don't go about telling that to @jhungary he already envisions himself an East-Asian version of Donald Trump sitting in Australia ! :o:

Come to think of it, jhungary 's military stint also has made him think that he may even be a Chuck Norris kinda fellow ! :unsure:

Donald Trump with a distinctly East-Asian look who's as bad-arse as Chuck Norris - Now thats a movie I'd like to see ! :D

but they are not investing in the properties lol, they just left it vacant.

@Nihonjin1051 - that was not a good experience fort he Japs at all - atleast the commericial properties they bought they had to write of huge chunks when values plummetted, even EMpire State Bldg stuck it to them. Some Chinese are being smart and buying high end condos but the majority are just not understanding difference between momentum and value. They are going to lose it

Don't go about telling that to @jhungary he already envisions himself an East-Asian version of Donald Trump sitting in Australia ! :o:

Come to think of it, jhungary 's military stint also has made him think that he may even be a Chuck Norris kinda fellow ! :unsure:

No way, I will never be Donald Trump simply because of his hair. I can't understand why you can't be rich and have a good head of hair lol

BTW I do like some of the new new shanghai warehouse properties by the old airport (hongsomething it is called) but they only lease...we are not allowed to buy. I won't touch anyother part of China

Back
Top Bottom