What's new

U.S. reveals terrorist threat on garment buyers in Bangladesh

@Bilal9 is a sensible bloke. I am sure he has his own perspective from which he sees and understands. After all, its his opinion. And according to a famous Islamic scholar, you should not accept an opinion until and unless you are convinced that it is correct. Hence, it is not my job to vouch whether what he says is accurate.

My personal opinion, however, would be to give it time and see where the main source of this "terrorism" is. July was just half a year back. Its still fresh in the minds of Bangladeshi people. Law enforcers are hunting down these dogs and are succeeding. In due time, more light would be brought into this issue. It could be India or Daesh or just our local JMB factions, who knows. Unless I have a clearer picture, I am going to save my judgement.

Thanks for your neutral opinion as well @bd_4_ever.

My comments were well-considered, and I did weigh them carefully before making a polite reference to Indian involvement in this whole affair. The investigation did reveal beyond reasonable doubt that the weapons used in this sordid attack were customized in a factory in Bihar and was shipped and smuggled to Bangladesh.

Naive posters (on both sides of our border) keep insisting that it is in India's best interest to see a prosperous Bangladesh.

I see increasing evidence in not believing in this.

I don't say this because of blind hate against India or God forbid - Indians themselves. We belonged to the same country before 1947.

I say this because Indian statecraft of the current day (borrowing from Chanakyan philosophy) supports weakening your neighbors to save your own state and make it stronger. It is natural to subscribe to within the current Indian political sphere - especially considering the prevailing hyper-nationalist atmosphere in Indian politics.

Communalism against non-Hindu entities and countries also plays a rather significant part combined with hyper-nationalist thinking. The Narendra Modi effect in Indian Realpolitik has meant that mistreating weaker and smaller neighbor countries plays nicely into populist and hyper-nationalist sentiments and discourse currently prevailing in India. Whoever can play that whole game - is popular (Sushma Swaraj).

All this makes it easy to plan and launch covert action of any type to weaken neighbor countries like Bangladesh and Pakistan. These covert actions do not face any scrutiny. These programs have gotten stronger as the Indian economy has gotten stronger and more prosperous.

The neighbor countries are essentially left to fend themselves by rapidly arming themselves and spending precious resources countering rather inexpensive non-intense pseudo-proxy wars (like the Holey Artisan attack or the Pilkhana massacre) against a much larger and well-trained/equipped India, when they really should be concentrating to feed and house their populace. Yet they aren't doing half badly (especially Bangladesh) - as I've shown in other threads.

All we can wish for at this time is for this NaMo hyper-Nationalism in India to recede so the effect on Bangladesh stops, but things do not look hopeful for the near future.

Last edited:

My comments were well-considered, and I did weigh them carefully before making a polite reference to Indian involvement in this whole affair. The investigation did reveal beyond reasonable doubt that the weapons used in this sordid attack were customized in a factory in Bihar and was shipped and smuggled to Bangladesh.

Naive posters (on both sides of our border) keep insisting that it is in India's best interest to see a prosperous Bangladesh.

I don't say this because of blind hate against India or God forbid - Indians themselves. We belonged to the same country before 1947.

I say this because Indian statecraft of the current day (borrowing from Chanakyan philosophy) supports weakening your neighbors to save your own state and make it stronger. It is natural to subscribe to within the current Indian political sphere - especially considering the prevailing hyper-nationalist atmosphere in Indian politics.

Communalism against non-Hindu entities and countries also plays a rather significant part combined with hyper-nationalist thinking. The Narendra Modi effect in Indian Realpolitik has meant that mistreating weaker and smaller neighbor countries plays nicely into populist and hyper-nationalist sentiments and discourse currently prevailing in India. Whoever can play that whole game - is popular (Sushma Swaraj).

All this makes it easy to plan and launch covert action of any type to weaken neighbor countries like Bangladesh and Pakistan. These covert actions do not face any scrutiny. These programs have gotten stronger as the Indian economy has gotten stronger and more prosperous.

The neighbor countries are essentially left to fend themselves by rapidly arming themselves and spending precious resources countering rather inexpensive non-intense pseudo-proxy wars (like the Holey Artisan attack or the Pilkhana massacre) against a much larger and well-trained/equipped India, when they really should be concentrating to feed and house their populace. Yet they aren't doing half badly (especially Bangladesh) - as I've shown in other threads.

All we can wish for at this time is for this NaMo hyper-Nationalism in India to recede so the effect on Bangladesh stops, but things do not look hopeful for the near future.

Enjoy seeing our agent SHW and her successors giving you the finger for a good long time when they kow tow to India eternally. We will ensure that BD stays well underneath our thumb and stays polarised, divided and controllable...ensuring that the BNP and ilk never return to power but a good amount of the population back them and are frustrated and angry with their own countrymen who back the BAL. Add to this all the people that cant get enough of Indian TV, culture and soap operas....so that BD can never form its own identity on the world stage and will always need to be referenced to India in any context of relevant discussion.

A good result of this phenomenon is it gets the usual people with spare time to squeal about big bad bogeyman India for every piece of radicalised terrorist filth in BD and makes them rage against India rather than tackling the homegrown radicalism that ISIS is inserting and stirring where needed.

This nature is welcome, I do not want to see BD as a friend or an ally of India (by its very nature and population, BD can never be so)....So India should keep BD as a frenemy, use it and dispose of it and recycle this process as needed. Ignorant conspiracy theories that help to deflect attention from and thus perpetuate violence and radicalism is exactly the abyss BD should further go down to make this easier for India. It plays right into India's hands and strategy w.r.t BD politics and society.

Thus I support you in perpetuating your theories as far and wide as possible in those that care to hear it (esp other BD people).

The problem with Bangladeshis, are Bangladeshis.

The problem with Bangladeshis, are Bangladeshis.

With all due respect, the time for naïveté has come and gone.

No one is condoning conspiracy theories (least myself).

But what is being done in Pakistan is proof enough, and we should be vigilant as well.

But what is being done in Pakistan is proof enough, and we should be vigilant as well.

Your Quote not mine:

It is now clear who is bank-rolling these terrorists and who stands to gain the most from a disorganized, weak and feeble Bangladesh.

What actually is clear is the difference between you (involving a clear personal bias/hate and claiming thats not a conspiracy theory) and people like @bd_4_ever (who keep all possibilities open till more evidence and information unfolds).

I mean the BD authorities/intelligence services would love to hear from you and your "clear" evidence regarding India being behind this. It is something you should not hold back for the good of your country. Go have a chat with them.

Maybe you can present a really solid dossier to the UN (like Pakistan has) or what not so the rest of the world can take it super seriously.

to destroy BD economy India is always ready jai hind hahaha

but to blame this to india i am not sure . there is a lot of country there USA Europe Israel so we should not single out india only .

you always use terrorist as a tool and excuse

Meaning? How long have you worked or spent time in Bangladesh as an adult? Maybe you hail from a wealthy family, studied in the US, do a job there or maybe you have worked, studied and worked hard over there to be where you are: Here.

So, why are you there? To escape the reality of Bangladesh? What is reality? Why not come here and see reality for yourself?

See, Bangladeshis always think of ways to hurt one another and can hardly unite behind a certain purpose. Bangladeshi der monde hingsha ta beshe. That is what makes them weak. It is not an issue of money at all. It is a matter of attitude on all levels of Bangladeshi society. A flawed combination.

And conspiracies can be true. What goes on Pakistan is not our concern.

Let's look at the matter before we get ahead of ourselves shall we?

So, who are Daesh's targets? Who are Daesh? Who are their leaders?

If we look at their targets, they largely consist of Westerners. Western countries. Like, if all Westerners are put in one spot and Daesh given a powerful weapon, they'll not hesitate to kill every single one of them - man, woman and child.

So, what does this mean for us? The foreigners who hold visit here to hold meeting with their suppliers are their targets. This includes companies working in EPZ areas where Westerners in senior levels do work. Those are targets.

So, let's be clear that it is Westerners who are their primary target.

Now, let's ask: Why are they doing these?

It's a difficult question to answer. Let's go back in time in Saddam's Iraq. If we recall, Iraq was a wealthy and a powerful country in the Arab world. A poster boy for Arab Nationalism. Now, the entire country is in ruins.

Who is Daesh? I suspect that their leaders or the minds behind Daesh's creation are indeed former members of the Republican Guard - Saddam's most elite unit. The invasion of 2003, a lackluster resistance by Iraqi troops leading up the fierce fighting with American forces in Fallujah - And that was only the beginning of Daesh.

The 90's saw a golden age of trade liberalization which promoted growth in Asia. Iraq on the other hand faced sanctions with Saddam holding an iron grip on the country.

With the bitter war of 2003, those Saddam loyalists are like: 'Hey, you people destroyed my country, my power that I and my leader have worked so hard to achieve. That while you enjoyed yourselves in your greed. Now you all die'.

This is what appears to be going on there. They also appear to struggle to maintain that iron grip that Saddam maintained. This just like what they are doing in the territories they control.

Their psychological warfare is what I would say unique in the most unique sense. They can inspire their fear, hate, anger and other negative emotions into any subject to carry out acts of vengeance upon their enemies. The background of the terrorists who carried out the Gulshan cafe siege are prime examples. No one ever suspected that they would be radicalized enough to shock an entire nation and indeed the world.

We too were a part of the prosperity of the 90's from which we are here at present. We too did participate in Desert Storm. And that ghost had now come to haunt us. Cause and effect.

As far as India is concerned....well.....:lol:

Mr. Gowher Rizvi had been given warnings from Western intelligence agencies about international terrorist networks operating in Bangladesh as far back in 2014. What those boys did in Holey Artisan was far from anything Jamaat.

Dipu Moni was what one would call a tourist minister :lol:

At present, Chatra league is strong with many underworld connections. It is through these networks that terrorists can exploit. And yes, these networks can go all the way to India.
http://www.thedailystar.net/news-detail-262202

Control over them by the ruling party is weak.

The weapons and explosives used in Gulshan came from India, no? Then, there's the power of the Internet - The Dark Net where Jihadists do operate and transact with no trace for agencies to follow. It is not known how effectively militant groups in Bangladesh use it. I'd say the Indians are complacent. They are more concerned about making themselves look good on the world stage rather than the real issues.

So coming back to the point, it had been standard practice among Bangladeshi leaders to basically do whatever they want at the expense of others. It is very much present at all levels of Bangladeshi society - particularly the very rich and the very poor.

It is not a question of which political party is in power. It is a question of attitude.

Last edited:
Meaning? How long have you worked or spent time in Bangladesh as an adult? Maybe you hail from a wealthy family, studied in the US, do a job there or maybe you have worked, studied and worked hard over there to be where you are: Here.

So, why are you there? To escape the reality of Bangladesh? What is reality? Why not come here and see reality for yourself?

See, Bangladeshis always think of ways to hurt one another and can hardly unite behind a certain purpose. Bangladeshi der monde hingsha ta beshe. That is what makes them weak. It is not an issue of money at all. It is a matter of attitude on all levels of Bangladeshi society. A flawed combination.

If we look at their targets, they largely consist of Westerners. Western countries. Like, if all Westerners are put in one spot and Daesh given a powerful weapon, they'll not hesitate to kill every single one of them - man, woman and child.

So, what does this mean for us? The foreigners who hold visit here to hold meeting with their suppliers are their targets. This includes companies working in EPZ areas where Westerners in senior levels do work. Those are targets.

It's a difficult question to answer. Let's go back in time in Saddam's Iraq. If we recall, Iraq was a wealthy and a powerful country in the Arab world. A poster boy for Arab Nationalism. Now, the entire country is in ruins.

Who is Daesh? I suspect that their leaders or the minds behind Daesh's creation are indeed former members of the Republican Guard - Saddam's most elite unit. The invasion of 2003, a lackluster resistance by Iraqi troops leading up the fierce fighting with American forces in Fallujah - And that was only the beginning of Daesh.

The 90's saw a golden age of trade liberalization which promoted growth in Asia. Iraq on the other hand faced sanctions with Saddam holding an iron grip on the country.

With the bitter war of 2003, those Saddam loyalists are like: 'Hey, you people destroyed my country, my power that I and my leader have worked so hard to achieve. That while you enjoyed yourselves in your greed. Now you all die'.

This is what appears to be going on there. They also appear to struggle to maintain that iron grip that Saddam maintained. This just like what they are doing in the territories they control.

Their psychological warfare is what I would say unique in the most unique sense. They can inspire their fear, hate, anger and other negative emotions into any subject to carry out acts of vengeance upon their enemies. The background of the terrorists who carried out the Gulshan cafe siege are prime examples. No one ever suspected that they would be radicalized enough to shock an entire nation and indeed the world.

We too were a part of the prosperity of the 90's from which we are here at present. We too did participate in Desert Storm. And that ghost had now come to haunt us. Cause and effect.

Mr. Gowher Rizvi had been given warnings from Western intelligence agencies about international terrorist networks operating in Bangladesh as far back in 2014. What those boys did in Holey Artisan was far from anything Jamaat.

At present, Chatra league is strong with many underworld connections. It is through these networks that terrorists can exploit. And yes, these networks can go all the way to India.

The weapons and explosives used in Gulshan came from India, no? Then, there's the power of the Internet - The Dark Net where Jihadists do operate and transact with no trace for agencies to follow. It is not known how effectively militant groups in Bangladesh use it. I'd say the Indians are complacent. They are more concerned about making themselves look good on the world stage rather than the real issues.

So coming back to the point, it had been standard practice among Bangladeshi leaders to basically do whatever they want at the expense of others. It is very much present at all levels of Bangladeshi society - particularly the very rich and the very poor.

It is not a question of which political party is in power. It is a question of attitude.

A well thought out and presented post I must say....a pleasure to read.

LOKI ভাই - এরকম বিস্তারিত বিশ্লেষণপূর্ণ জবাব দেবার জন্য আপনাকে অবশ্যই ধন্যবাদ এবং শুভবাদ দিতে হবে।

তবে একটা কথার জবাব এখনো আমার কাছে পরিষ্কার নয় - সেটা হলো বাংলাদেশে আতঙ্ক ঘটালে দায়েশ এর কি সুবিধা আসবে।

আমাদের দেখতে হবে আমাদের মিল কারখানা বন্ধ হয়ে গেলে কারা লাভবান হচ্ছে। সেদিকটা চিন্তা করতে গেলে মায়ানমার বা ভারতের নাম উঠে আসে সবচেয়ে আগে।

এটা কোনও হিংসাত্বক চিন্তা নয়। লজিক্যাল এনালিসিস এর বহির্প্রকাশ মাত্র।

আমি যদি আমার দেশের উন্নতি সম্বন্ধে সচেতন হই তবে এসব ব্যাপারে সোচ্চার হওয়াটা কি স্বাভাবিক নয় ? ভারতের গার্মেন্ট ইন্ডাস্ট্রি আমাদের কাছে মার্ খেয়ে গেছে গত দশ বছর আগে সেটা তারা ভালোভাবেই জানে। তাদের অর্গানাইজিং ক্যাপাসিটি এবং কস্ট দুটোই আমাদের তুলনায় নিম্ন মানের। তবু তারা যেকোনো ভাবেই গার্মেন্টস কে ফিরতি উঠিয়ে আনবার চেষ্টায় আছে।সেদিক থেকেই আমাদের ক্ষতি হলে ওদের লাভ বই ক্ষতি নেই।

সেদিক থেকে চিন্তা করলে ভারতীয়দের নিরীহ ভাববার অবকাশ একটু কম-ই। অবশ্য আপনার যদি ওদের প্রতি কোনো সহানুভুতি থাকে সেটা আমি মেনে নিতে রাজি আছি।

কিন্তু আমাদের দেশে যে লক্ষ লক্ষ গরীব লোক দুটো পয়সা রোজগার করে খেয়ে পরে বেঁচে আছে - ওদের ইন্টারেস্ট আর প্রটেকশন এর ব্যাপারটা আমাদের মতো মধ্যবিত্তদের-ই দেখতে হবে। ওটা ভারতীয়রা দেখবে - এ আশা আমার মতে ভুল।

বাংলাদেশের উন্নতি কোনো ভাবে ব্যাহত হলে ওদের লাভ-ই হবে।

আপনি সম্ভবত তিরিশ বছরের কম বয়সের ভারতীয়দের সাথেই খুব একটা মেশেননি। ওদের আরএসএস এবং অন্যান্য সাম্প্রদায়িক সংস্থাগুলো পশ্চিমা দেশ গুলো তে ভারতের থেকেও বেশি তৎপর এবং ভারতীয় তরুণ সম্প্রদায়দের ওপর ওদের প্রভাব খুবই প্রকট । তারা বাংলাদেশের মতো মুসলিম দেশের উন্নতি কোনোদিনই ভালোভাবে দেখবে না।

এটা হিংসা বা বিদ্বেষের ব্যাপার না। শুধু সাবধান এবং হুঁশিয়ার থাকবার ব্যাপার।

আর নীলগিরি যে আপনাকে তোষামোদি করে বাংলাদেশীদের মাঝখানে ফারাক আনবার চেষ্ট করছে সেটাও হাস্যকর।

সবকথার শেষকথা হলো আমি আমার দেশের ইন্টারেস্ট দেখছি না অন্য দেশের?

সেটাতে আমার কোনো ভুল থেকে থাকলে আমাকে পয়েন্ট আউট করতে পারেন।

Last edited:
I don't believe IS (Daesh) has any reasons or motives to disrupt Garments Industry in Bangladesh. What would they gain?? Neighbor nations do stand to gain a lot though. And this is neither the first time they have tried it - nor the last......
Who says ISIS will not get benefit out of a panic in BD? The more there are terrorist attacks, the less the buyers come to BD. The less they come, the more BD becomes poor. A poor society is what the Mullah/ISIS seek, because this is how they make the people more obliged to pray for salvation to the divine power, and depend less on work and progress. This is how the agenda of ISIS spreads among the poor masses. What other benefits the ISIS are soliciting?

Who says ISIS will not get benefit out of a panic in BD? The more there are terrorist attacks, the less the buyers come to BD. The less they come, the more BD becomes poor. A poor society is what the Mullah/ISIS seek, because this is how they make the people more obliged to pray for salvation to the divine power, and depend less on work and progress. This is how the agenda of ISIS spreads among the poor masses. What other benefits the ISIS are soliciting?

বাংলাদেশে আতঙ্কবাদী হামলার নেপথ্যে কে তার অনেক সম্ভাব্য সূত্র থাকতে পারে। আমি আমার বিচারে ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা কে দায়ী করেছি। এবং তার কারণ দর্শেছি।

আপনার যুক্তি বা মতামত ভিন্ন হতে পারে। কিন্তু একটা জিনিস মনে রাখতে হবে সেটা হলো এ ঘটনার নেপথ্যে যারা তারা ঘোলা পানিতে মাছ স্বীকার করবে এটাই স্বাভাবিক। কিন্তু আমাদের ওটাতে কনফিউসড হলে চলবেনা।

বাংলাদেশে আতঙ্কবাদী হামলার নেপথ্যে কে তার অনেক সম্ভাব্য সূত্র থাকতে পারে। আমি আমার বিচারে ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা কে দায়ী করেছি। এবং তার কারণ দর্শেছি।

আপনার যুক্তি বা মতামত ভিন্ন হতে পারে। কিন্তু একটা জিনিস মনে রাখতে হবে সেটা হলো এ ঘটনার নেপথ্যে যারা তারা ঘোলা পানিতে মাছ স্বীকার করবে এটাই স্বাভাবিক। কিন্তু আমাদের ওটাতে কনফিউসড হলে চলবেনা।

আপনার বক্তব্য যথেষ্ট যুক্তিসঙ্গত। ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা সবসময় চেষ্টা করে আসছে বাংলাদেশে অর্থনৈতিক সংকট সৃষ্টি করে তাকে ভারতের পায়ের নিচে দাবিয়ে রাখা। অন্যদিকে, ISIS চায় মৌলবাদের শক্তিশালী ঘাঁটি গড়া। আমার ধারণা ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা তার দেশের মৌলবাদীদেরকে সহায়তা দিয়ে এদেশের লোকদেরকে ট্রেনিং দিলেও দিতে পারে। তবে, ইনস্পিরেশনের জন্য এদেশের মৌলবাদীরা isis নির্ভরশীল এ কথাও মনে রাখতে হবে। তবে, ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা কিভাবে তার দেশের মুসলমান গাধাদেরকে ব্যবহার করছে এটাও বলা খুবই কঠিন। হয়তো বা উভয় সংগঠন পরস্পরকে সহায়তা করছে।

Recent studies have found that the new ISIS recruits are mainly from the urban well-off families and are quite well educated. Their strategy is not so simplistic...

Back
Top Bottom