What's new

U.S. Navy's new $13B aircraft carrier can't fight

At least you are making some impartial points by conceding the fact that China is making better destroyer. And I didn't suggest anything about China currently having better carrier and strategic bomber.

I stated that China got better destroyer and hypersonic weapon which is based on the established fact. So why many people here are so edgy to paint me as a foolish person?

Not you Its @UKBengali . What you said is backed up by facts

The Flight III will be deployed after 2020
Yes, that's what I said already.

, and its deployment won't be fast enough to replace those aging Flight I.
Says you.

BTW, the first batch of the Flight III won't even have the AESA radars.
So? As with all US ship classes, they've been fitted with new equipment again and again.

The third production line will become operational by 2018.
That doesn't jive with your previous claim that 3 yards are now building destroyers. It's either 3 yards now, or 2 now with a 3rd in 2018. You now claim the latter?

Last edited:
It is fair to say that China got the first AESA Aegis, so far all Flight IIA belong to PESA Aegis.

Actually, japan have the first AEGIS AESA combat ship, only the first 2 ship of 052C were build in 2003 and launched in 2005, while both 170 and 171 are AESA equipped, they are not AEGIS combat ship. The first Chinese AEGIS AESA combat ship should be Type-052C Changchun which was launched October 28, 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_052C_destroyer

On the other hand, the first JMSDF AESA AEGIS is JDS Akizuki Class Destroyer equipped with OPS-50, the first ship, JDS Akizuki was launched October 13, 2010, 15 days earlier than Changchun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akizuki-class_destroyer_(2010)

and by the way, AEGIS is trade marked for AN/SPY-1D radar, every AEGIS by definition is not AESA, I am talking about the capability (like ballistic missile defence) instead of the actual term AEGIS.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom