What's new

U.S. Intensifies Military Encirclement of China

Dude, i do think i have more NATO experience than you, as i served under NATO in my course.

Gettting into NATO agenda DOES NOT MEAN NATO WILL APPROVE AUTOMATICALLY ABOUT IT. Anybody can put an agenda to NATO council but will the get approved is whole another matter

There are power struggle within NATO, but not because of the word "America" rather a 3 side lead into NATO (US on one side, UK on the other and France is another one). to have a NATO operation approved there are only 3 course of action to have NATO approve for a Military Operation.

Article 4, Article 5 and non-Article 5

While Article 5 clause will not need to be approved (As Article 5 is the automatic response clasue that one of its member were under attack) while non-Article 5 usually involve Peacekeeping mission UN dumped upon to the NATO. and Article 4 is a non-agressor mission to provide training and support consultant service by other NATO member to a NATO member in request

to approve an non article 5 hearing (or agenda) , all ANTO Member must be agreed upon the same article and its interpretation (ie agreement must be Unanimous decision), if any one of the 28 member do not agree, the article or motion will be denied and no military operation will conduct under the name of NATO

To this day there are

3 Article 4 assistant by NATO all under turkey request (1 from 2003 invasion of Iraq and 2 from Syria Civil War)
5 Non-Article 5 (ISAF, NTM-I, Balken (KFOR, IFOR) and Pakistan Eaqthquake relief, Operation Ocean Shield)
2 for Article 5 (Operation Eagle Assist (US Airspace patrol after 9-11), Active Endeavour(EU Patrol for WMD))

I have tell you all the example i got, how about yours, can you tell me one instant NATO send troop or conduct Military operation under NATO banner with Solely US backing but not all NATO member?

IF you look at NATO closely, you will even find NATO Defence circle is actually excluded US and Canada, if you look really closely enough you will see most US request to NATO response are denied by one or more NATO member (Usually France but sometime ex-USSR bloc country and sometime even Britain and Canada) Let me list some US request denied by NATO

Iraq War (OIF Not NTM-I) - Rejected by France
Afghanistan War (OEF not ISAF) - Rejected by France and Turkey
Haiti Coup 2004 (Rejected by France)
Operation Restore Hope UN Operation( I forgot who rejected it, but it's not France, UK and Spain)
Vietnam War (Rejected by UK and Canada (France withdrew from NATO in that period))

You really need to understand the difference between DE FACTO control vs DE JURE control, meaning the difference between the letter of the law and in actual practice. The US exercises de facto control over NATO. This, is not in dispute. Practically speaking, Nothing gets done in NATO without US approval.

You can debate the letters of the NATO organization all you want, it's a pretty well known fact that the US is the heavyweight behind the organization.

Anyways, believe what you will. Go ahead and Keep thinking that NATO is an independent organization. Make sure you bring it up to others too in casual conversation so others can laugh at you. Thanks.

You really need to understand the difference between DE FACTO control vs DE JURE control, meaning the difference between the letter of the law and in actual practice. The US exercises de facto control over NATO. This, is not in dispute. Practically speaking, Nothing gets done in NATO without US approval.

You can debate the letters of the NATO organization all you want, it's a pretty well known fact that the US is the heavyweight behind the organization.

Anyways, believe what you will. Go ahead and Keep thinking that NATO is an independent organization. Make sure you bring it up to others too in casual conversation so others can laugh at you. Thanks.

Lol, i understand what's De-facto control and De jure control, but what you are talking is "Imaginary Control" which i will never understand. Haha

As i said before, i have handful of proof that NATO refuse American Proposal as usual and i am only asking one example that US forced NATO to go ahead without all other member states support, just one, and you are not giving me that .

Lol, seems to me you have Zero understanding how NATO work, nor you have zero understanding how NATO is being influenced, France have more control than US in NATO matters. Do you know why NATO moved its HQ from France to Belgium?? YOu look it up and you will know what i am talking about.

Again, i gave all the example when you ask but you get me none in return, so who's laughing at who now?? LOL

Just give me one thing "EXAMPLE(S) ON US FORCED NATO HAND INTO COMMITTING MILITARY OPERATION" if you can provide that, i will publicly apologise to you and to Pepole in China. If not, can you just shut up and listen to other people who know more than you for a change??

Back
Top Bottom