What's new

U.S Ambassador to China out on the street to cheer for revolution that never came

Nomenclature

Reaction score
US envoy in Jasmine crowd may cause a stink - The Standard

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Before the US ambassador to China, Jon Huntsman, vacates his post, he may have some explaining to do regarding the quashed Jasmine Revolution.

Huntsman was reportedly spotted on Sunday among the crowd in Beijing's Wangfujing Street, a shopping district where hundreds were gathered after a call for a democracy protest spread online.

Police, however, swiftly dispersed the crowd as many were thought to be shoppers and onlookers and not protesters anyway.

But the ambassador - who's leaving in April and is interested in seeking the Republican nomination to run against Barack Obama in next year's presidential election - was gone even before the little action began.

Huntsman quickly left after another man, with whom he was chatting, identified him.

1298401044245.png

1298401098320.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I always thought it was a bluff in saying that Americans are taller then the Chinese and stick out, but he sticks out like a soar thumb in the crowd.

Wow, I always thought it was a bluff in saying that Americans are taller then the Chinese and stick out, but he sticks out like a soar thumb in the crowd.

He is just taller than some Chinese women and kids. The Chinese guy who interviews him is around the same height.

I think the guy is just curious about what is going on. If they really planned the thing out the last thing he would do is to show up on the spot where he could be identified.

I think the guy is just curious about what is going on. If they really planned the thing out the last thing he would do is to show up on the spot where he could be identified.

I thought he was already resigned for the 2012 presential election.

Chinese people nowadays are too busy to care about politics, especially foreign affairs.

He prolly went there to have a hamburger, nice flag patch on the jacket though:lol:

what was he thinking

make such a blunder while running for presidency

:p Cheerleader . He should have started this revolution in India against China he might had got a good response from other cheerleaders there

:p Cheerleader . He should have started this revolution in India against China he might had got a good response from other cheerleaders there

When was the lasted time Indians protested against China?

And,

PS:The cheerleader tag is something for which we can never dare to compete with professionals from our Western neighbor. :P

When was the lasted time Indians protested against China?

And,

PS:The cheerleader tag is something for which we can never dare to compete with professionals from our Western neighbor. :P

;) check some recent history. Indians have facilitated cheerleaders against China for such protests in India.

SO US envoy would have found alot of support :P

Lame attempt at bringing Indians into every thread. Wish the Chinese thought you when to keep shut.

Every attempt to overthrow CCP would be in vain.

Nowadays, the majority of the Chinese people don't trust the West anymore. This isn't 1990s anymore.

Back
Top Bottom