What's new

Typhoon MMRCA woes

Cameron was none but a shelfish person

he always look for own intrests in others loss.

Everyone does, nothing wrong with that, he has to be concerned about his industries. The only thing irking us is they automatically assumed that we will take EF just bcos they want us to.

I think India should take the aid. The Labor MP Sadiq Khan has a point. GoI should not stop taking aid just because it is 'bad publicity'. They are basically turning off the tap for some poor people and some important programs like vaccinations. If they think the money is mismanaged, then find a way to direct it properly. Since the days of 'ministry for aid seeking' are over, why not have some NGOs handle the aid money into useful programmes. Think of it as some free funding for the thousands of projects ******* with the files because there is no funding.

This cocky attitude of 'I don't want your aid' might suit the Finance minister and the millions of netizens(who are basically well-off peopple, by the simple fact that they have access to internet), but there are people whose voice cannot be heard here and who may not even know if this affects them. So please swallow your pride and think about your countrymen.

Than do one thing, leave the job, whatever you have and go to UK with a begging bowl as begging is more precious than anything to you. Leave India out of this. Their tiny jokes of aid makes them laughing stock as mentioned by media. GoI spends billions of development and poverty reduction.

Actually not selecting their fighter hits their ego. :lol:

I have an idea, India should give some aid to UK and ask them to spare the 'hue and cry' going on due to the 'loss' of losing the MRCA competition. :P

Better buy additional 80 aircrafts to be bought as EFT, parallel supply of two MMRCA and diplomatically sound move.

Spewing venom against India??? I don't know which articles are you talking about, but I have read article on Daily Mail [which equivalent of the "TOI" of Britain] the British people simply want that their Govt. should stop sending aid to India. Ok, first of all, there are many British people who want their Govt. should continue its aid program to India. secondly, comments in Daily Mail DOES NOT represent Britain just like comments TOI does not represent India. Thirdly, I don't see any wrong in British people's attitude over the British aid to India, since it their money they have right to raise questions against any Govt. decisions which THEY think wrong. Fourthly, I simply do not understand why are putting ALL British people in a same basket? are we ALL Indians behave in a same way?

I dont see anybody in the comments sections of all those articles defending the aid to india or even asking other brit members no to be hostile towards india and indians only because of a defence deal .

I have been seeing most of them taking a shot at india and indians , poverty , dirt etc etc .and this is not just the daily mail but the telegraph as well .

Btw most of them seem to want the immigrants to be sent back .

dailymail wired as always

Thats just bad journalism. Who will beg someone to take their money??

I have to say British media is even more sensationalist than our times of india .:cheesy: I cant believe i am saying this .

No its true.....even Telegraph is reporting...

Pranab Mukherjee and other Indian ministers tried to terminate Britain’s aid to their booming country last year - but relented after the British begged them to keep taking the money, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal.

India tells Britain: We don't want your aid - Telegraph

Well if the Indians don't want the money, I'll gladly take it off their hands.

It is your tax money, mate. You are a democracy now and are free to decide where to donate. There was a time when we were needing it but honestly, this aid would hardly reach people as most politicians would use that money for their accounts in Switzerland.

So better keep the money in UK itself and increase your savings. We're not against you guys. Just that Daily Mail and Telegraph's reaction has been very shocking for us.

It is your tax money, mate. You are a democracy now and are free to decide where to donate. There was a time when we were needing it but honestly, this aid would hardly reach people as most politicians would use that money for their accounts in Switzerland.

So better keep the money in UK itself and increase your savings. We're not against you guys. Just that Daily Mail and Telegraph's reaction has been very shocking for us.

I think it is the reaction of Brits in the comments section that has shocked people here the most .

It's funny and so transparently obvious now this debate of UK aid to India comes about on the same week EFT loses MMRCA. The UK govt keeps trying to exert that aids heir aid isn't linked to trade but if that were true they wouldn't have gotten so worked up about trade now. Their fumbled attempt at trying to buy influence has failed and now they're having a tantrum.

if Typhoon had a better air to ground capability then we would have chosen it all it can do is just drop LGB's not to mention we are dealing with 4 countries some of them that are right in the backyard of the USA so its obvious why we picked Rafale the better choice strategically and for our air force.

I dont see anybody in the comments sections of all those articles defending the aid to india or even asking other brit members no to be hostile towards india and indians only because of a defence deal .

I have been seeing most of them taking a shot at india and indians , poverty , dirt etc etc .and this is not just the daily mail but the telegraph as well .

Most Indians here have no problem mocking the aid that the U.K. gives. It's one thing to say that we won't allow it to influence our decisions(as in the case of the selection of Rafale) but quite something else to rubbish the aid that is being given. That smacks of boorish behaviour at best & if the FM actually called the aid 'peanuts', it's most unfortunate. If we don't want the aid, we must refuse to take it (no matter what the persuasion), If accepted, one must always show due respect for the help given. What kind of reaction would one expect if someone called our 'assistance' peanuts & arrogantly informed the whole world that the only reason for the aid existing was because we begged them to accept it?

Back
Top Bottom