What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

I have been rooting for EM catapult configuration all along. Good news, if it's a valid rumor, it will gain steam over the coming months (pun intended).

The Type 002 will use the EMALS and displace over 100,000 tonnes.

The only remaining question is: will it have the nuclear propulsion?

Since China has also revealed its shipborne nuclear reactor.

http://news.sciencenet.cn/htmlnews/2016/1/336376.shtm

In my opinion, at >100,000 tonnes displacement, it will likely have to be nuclear. Conventional power plants will not be able to sustain speeds much above 25 knots without compromising range significantly. Top speed will be much lower than what nuclear propulsion could provide. Payload will be eaten up by fuel oil stores, in addition to aviation fuel, munitions, aircraft, and other stores. Endurance will be compromised, and will require an increase in the frequency of underway replenishment, which in conflict presents an additional window of vulnerability. Lastly, future power requirements will only increase, and that will require some overhead. At higher displacements, it doesn't make sense to remain conventional outside of budgetary reasons.

Overall, if we can be sure of the displacement, we will have a very good idea of what the power plant will be. I will check BBS, because even more interesting than the catapult news is the possibility of the Type 003 being pushed forward and the Type 002 essentially being canned in all but name. It will put 001A into perspective.

Via SDF / Bltizo !!!

New and noteworthy:

Professor Jin Yinan (who is director of the strategic research institute at the PLA's National Defence University) at this conference said construction of China's third aircraft carrier began in March 2015 at JNCX!! 3:57 of the video, and it would be "flat deck, catapult take off". Consistent with known rumours of course.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av7611144/

I assume that means steel cutting beginning in March 2015. If true (and I do believe it most likely is, and corresponds with previous/current rumours), I think we will probably see modules of 002 start to appear at JNCX next year at earliest.

Via SDF / Bltizo !!!

I heard JNCX Shipyard is more "Efficient and Faster" than Dalian Shipyard.
Is that true?
Maybe we can see, Type 002 AC building time in JNCX Shipyard Faster than Type 001A AC in Dalian Shipyard.

Anyway, cannot wait to see China's Third Aircraft Carrier soon (Type 002 AC) :D
Type 002 AC.jpg

Last edited:
002 with catapult construction has begun 002蒸弹已建造,本人用生命做担保
我哥在三号线做焊工,他告诉我想上航母线上干拿工资高,我亲口问过他了,确认开始建造了,那就意味着我们梦寐以求的电弹002没指望了。
BOLXlij.png

002 with catapult construction has begun 002蒸弹已建造,本人用生命做担保
我哥在三号线做焊工,他告诉我想上航母线上干拿工资高,我亲口问过他了,确认开始建造了,那就意味着我们梦寐以求的电弹002没指望了。
BOLXlij.png
請問002甚麼時候才能行成戰鬥力? 台灣遲早要走向台獨, 祖國最終還是要有一定的反介入的力量才能拿下台灣.

請問002甚麼時候才能行成戰鬥力? 台灣遲早要走向台獨, 祖國最終還是要有一定的反介入的力量才能拿下台灣.

土工对付霉菌的神器不是靠航母,也不是靠歼20,而是靠空天一体战的武器。因为这玩意儿让霉菌束手无策,自己也没有。

航母和歼20只不过是锦上添花,但还不是真正的game changer。

stop your constant cries, chinese won't obey your calls. :lol:
get lost dude, how's that for respect? :lol:

Honestly, if You want to play Sokker, why then You join a Baseball-team ???

This is an English language forum not by my will or ignorance but simply by the owners intention.
As such it is plain siple some sort of respect to obey to this rule or at least give a brief English summary.

If You want to continue speaking Chinese - as playing Baseball - why then You are here ???

Deino

Well the gist of the Chinese conversation was in first post grey boy reports that construction of 002 has started citing a personal source & then in second post something about "electric bomb " (!) rest are offtopic about Taiwan wanting to secede & how China shall take over the Taiwan.

First to carriers are going to be fitted with steam believe it, EMALS will be fitted on the Type 003. I was hoping they skip it as steam catapults are expensive.

Your wrong on this. It's going to take 5-10 years before the PLAN can even match the Royal or French Navy forget about being the second best.
General Ying Zhuo said The nuclear reactor designed for carrier is not ready, so Emals won't be installed.

拿稳中国护照, 不要轻易移民。因为中国就要牛逼了!

Well the gist of the Chinese conversation was in first post grey boy reports that construction of 002 has started citing a personal source & then in second post something about "electric bomb " (!) rest are offtopic about Taiwan wanting to secede & how China shall take over the Taiwan.
All these weapons designed and developed is for taking back Taiwan, that how it is. That's why the Chinese army is called people liberation army, not Chinese army.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom