What's new

Two Iranian spies expelled from Bosnia

JUBA

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
SARAJEVO (AFP) -Bosnia has expelled two Iranian diplomats suspected of spying, including contacting a radical Muslim leader, a security ministry source said on Thursday.

The security ministry said that Iranian diplomats Hamzeh Doolab Ahmad and Jadidi Sohrab were declared "persona non grata" and "have left" Bosnian territory.

"As members of diplomatic personnel ... they have used their diplomatic status for activities incompatible with their diplomatic functions and the Vienna convention on diplomatic relations," the ministry said in a statement.

It did not elaborate or say when the two left Bosnia.

But a source at the ministry who asked not to be named said the two diplomats were suspected of "spying and (carrying out) other suspicious activities against the (Bosnian) constitution."

The two served as the "embassy's second and third secretary," the source said.

Bosnia expels Iranian regime's diplomats suspected of spying

Bosnia tells Iranian spies to leave …. to no avail | The XX Committee

Also before that,

Journalist reveals names of 300 Iranian spies in Bosnia

A Croatian journalist has revealed a secret document containing the names of 300 Iranian intelligence operatives who operated in Bosnia and Herzegovina from 2004 until 2007. Domagoj Margetić, one of Croatia’s most uncompromising investigative reporters, has published on his website a .pdf document thath lists the names of several hundred Iranian agents who received official authorization from the embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina in Tehran to enter the Balkan country. According to Margetić, numerous Iranian academics, as well as random Iranian government employees, are included in the intelligence operatives’ list, which implies they carried out intelligence missions in Bosnia while traveling under academic or diplomatic cover. Insiders have noted that the long list is indicative of the intensification of Iran’s intelligence activities in the Balkans and southern Europe in recent years, which they attribute to the “reorganization of Iranian intelligence infrastructure in the Balkans”.

Journalist reveals names of 300 Iranian spies in Bosnia | intelNews.org

Wow, even European Muslim countries weren't spared from Iranian malicious acts.

well, i think iranian people can be nice, i have not yet met one, but I have heard they are, but I am not so sure about their government, too extreme, I think

why would iran send spies to bosnia, what purpose? have iran usually sided with the muslims in yugoslavia disputes?

Back
Top Bottom