What's new

Two Arrested in Tamil Nadu Over Group Photo in ISIS T-shirts

i understand. But TN has the tendency of legitimising and whitewashing terrorists. I have seen pics of TN fellows like seeman wearing t shirts with Prabhakaran's face. So the space that TN gives for LTTE in TN is being used by ISIS supporters
unfortunately it is the same freedom of expression that gets irky sometimes

I don't to normally comment.But neither sri lanka nor tamils made overtures for peace. What happened the killing and massacres,it was absolutely stupid.
first write within the topic being discussed.
second whatever your intentions are it is better not to talk about topics one is not familiar with :)

i understand. But TN has the tendency of legitimising and whitewashing terrorists. I have seen pics of TN fellows like seeman wearing t shirts with Prabhakaran's face. So the space that TN gives for LTTE in TN is being used by ISIS supporters
yes..you are right..but we can't blame them...Tamilnadu Tamils shares linguistic/cultural/ethnical relationship with srilankan Tamils.so they have all rights to protest,even if they are wrong too...
but thats not in the case of those Indian Muslims supporting ISIS...except in their religion,they share nothing with Muslims of Iraq...

first write within the topic being discussed.
second whatever your intentions are it is better not to talk about topics one is not familiar with :)

I am familiar .But I am condemning the stupidity of both sides.

yes..you are right..but we can't blame them...Tamilnadu Tamils shares linguistic/cultural/ethnical relationship with srilankan Tamils.so they have all rights to protest,even if they are wrong too...
but thats not in the case of those Indian Muslims supporting ISIS...except in their religion,they share nothing with Muslims of Iraq...

we have no problem with TN people protesting. But we have a problem when TN aids anti Lankan elements. Between you cant say indian muslims have nothing in common with mid east people. It is left for them to decide.

I am familiar .But I am condemning the stupidity of both sides.
Sri lankan did not wage a war. SL was forced into a war to protect its territories. It is simple as that. If you are concerned about human lives loss you should ask that from indian politicans about starting a war in SL first place

This people should be send to Iraq & Syria to know ground fact... ISIS is a terrorist Group ... ISIS is a group created by US against Iran With the help of Saudi Fund and weapon from Israel help.. This is the reason there is no Support to GAZA from GCC Country .... You stupid people make shame to all .. ...Govt & RAW & IB should act soon and send then to Iraq as soon as possible if they didn't change , but don't blame all... :(

we have no problem with TN people protesting. But we have a problem when TN aids anti Lankan elements. Between you cant say indian muslims have nothing in common with mid east people. It is left for them to decide.

Sri lankan did not wage a war. SL was forced into a war to protect its territories. It is simple as that. If you are concerned about human lives loss you should ask that from indian politicans about starting a war in SL first place

Like racism,riots,deportations,stripping tamils of citizenship and forcing buddhism by sri lankans into their throats. Yeah. These kind of stupidity start civil wars. Look at what is happening in Donbass by kiev junta.Very similiar pattern. But that does not mean I support LTTE or its war crimes against sri lanka. You guys should have tried peace and co-existence.

@[USER=144893]Saradiel[/user]

get over your obsession with Tamils ...

there's no basis for comparing Tamils with neo Nazi Sinhala Buddhists, who are facing UN war crime charges/probe , committed genocide and raped young captive Tamil women and are keeping 1 million people under military occupation

Tamils don't go around raping , looting or killing Sinhalas or publishing vulgar cartoons , and don't try and justify illegal occupation of Tamil Eelam, a victim of Sinhala Buddhist terorism ..

Last edited:
Like racism,riots,deportations,stripping tamils of citizenship and forcing buddhism by sri lankans into their throats. Yeah. These kind of stupidity start civil wars. Look at what is happening in Donbass by kiev junta.Very similiar pattern. But that does not mean I support LTTE or its war crimes against sri lanka. You guys should have tried peace and co-existence.
this is why i said you should know about subject matter before talk about it cos it makes you look like a total idiot.
racisms, riots are not limited to SL but is a subcontinental thing. This coming frm an indian is more hilarious. India is one of the last to point at riots in SL.

SL had few riots only one being the major in 83. That is normal for any multi cultrual third world country after colonialism. Take your india. India and pakistan partition resulted in deaths of milions, 1992 riots in Mumbai, Sikh riots in 1984, Gujrat riots in 2001-2 were more disastrous than the ones in SL.

I am not saying SL is perfect i am saying you are the last to point at SL.

To this day violence erupts in India in a larger scale unlike in SL. Take Muzzafernagar, Assam you have bloody racial riots. In TN there are many many caste riots. People are killed for being born in wrong caste.

And tell me where buddhism was forced on others? In SL anyone can choose any religion or even desist in practicing a religion. Just these days in parts of UPin India people are wreaking havoc just because a lady teacher has converted. In SL: conversion happen normally and people consider them to be private affairs.

If SL force buddhism on SL people then how come people of islam and Hinduism has increased their percentages?

Coming from india i guess you think every riots every conflict has roots in religion. In SL it is different. SInhala is a multi religious group, it is just majority are buddhist. In a single family you will have ppl of different religions.

The real reason or real roots for conflict in SL is not minority rights or oppression but rather histroy. which is why every debate on SL war ends with a debate on histoy in PDF itself.

Bark about things you know.

The only party that made conflict in SL bloodier was india. Anyone from india crying over dead bodies in SL is not only stupid but shameful

@[USER=144893]Saradiel[/user]

get over your obsession with Tamils ...

there's no basis for comparing Tamils with neo Nazi Sinhala Buddhists, who are facing UN war crime charges/probe , committed genocide and raped young captive Tamil women and are keeping 1 million people under military occupation

Tamils don't go around raping , looting or killing Sinhalas or publishing vulgar cartoons , and don't try and justify illegal occupation of Tamil Eelam, a victim of Sinhala Buddhist terorism ..
I have no obsession of tamils. who do you think tamils are to be obsessed with?
Sl is right in its own capacity to reject any external intervention that is coming disguised as HR activists. Especially the HR activits are supporters of a former barbaric terrorist organisation.

The LTTE you support hid behind women and children to save their sorry a$$es. Sinhala ppl need not loot, SLO gover sent money, food, health care, paid for jobs and even paid fore education for 30 years even for the ppl living under LTTE.

Be thankful to sinhalese we saved you. Otherwise under LTTE the tamils would have perished.

There is no tamil eelam to begin with even historically

Good, now they should make a trip to Iraq and see what the ISIS does.

jail these bastards!!!!! make them eat pork day and night !!!!!!

That remark was uncalled for. When a Hindu does something offensive in India do we jail him and make him eat beef day and night?

In any event, what crime did they commit. Is ISIS a banned organization in India? I don't recall any laws being passed to that effect. ISIS is also not committing any act or acts of insurgency in India so on what basis will the charge hold any ground?

Last edited:

What you mention is very valid.. But those things that happened is not just confined to SL.. Every single post colonial development country goes through such growing pains.. Especially those with multi cultural non homogeneous societies.. Including India where these things keep happening even on a larger scale even to this day

So lets not point fingers and remember it takes two hands to clap.. The high caste SL Tamil political establishment post independence in SL were'nt ideal candidates for the nobel peace either.. Both sides made huge blunders for political status quo.. And with India putting it's dirty finger in to the quagmire of internal politics of a sovereighn country to destabilize it didnt end well for either side.. But it's good to see that both India and SL(hopefully) have learned from past mistakes

ISIS_T_shirt_650.jpg

Ramanathapuram:
Two men have been arrested in Ramanathapuram in Tamil Nadu for suspected links with the Sunni militant group ISIS after a photo showing them sporting T-shirts that carried the group's emblem went viral on social media.

The duo allegedly distributed the T-shirts to the 24 other men who are also part of the group photograph that first appeared on a social networking site after Eid last week.

"Both these men are active supporters of the ISIS and were seeking the support of others... They celebrated the cause of ISIS by distributing T-shirts with the insurgent group's emblem," a senior police officer told NDTV. A case has been registered against them under the Criminal Law Amendment Act for allegedly abetting insurgent activity.

However, sources close to the two men deny that they were supporters of the ISIS or the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, an Al Qaeda breakaway group which has captured large swathes of Iraq and Syria and declared a Muslim "caliphate".

Instead, they claimed that wearing the T-shirts was their way of celebrating the return of the Indian nurses from war-torn Iraq. Over 45 nurses were released unharmed by the ISIS in Iraq early last month after being held captive for over a week.

Police say one of the accused, 24-year-old Abdul Rahman had placed an order for 100 T-shirts through Rilvan, the other man arrested, from a firm in Tirupur district. Cops also claim that Rahman frequently travelled to Thailand and Singapore on tourist visa for business.

The photograph in question was taken in front of a mosque at Thondi.

Initial investigation has revealed that the person who took the photograph had gone abroad and had uploaded the picture on a social networking site. The picture has now been taken off the site.

Two Arrested in Tamil Nadu Over Group Photo in ISIS T-shirts - NDTV

Send them to Iraq & hope they never return

Back
Top Bottom