What's new

Twitter Suspends Pakistan Defence Forum Without any Warning - Again

Last year in November, Twitter suspended our verified twitter handle without any warning or moderation. Our repeated appeals were not entertained.

Today, twitter has suspended us again without any warning or moderation. The message we received was: Violating our rules against evading permanent suspension. The permanent suspension was never explained, to begin with.

We believe that this is the work of twitter India at the behest of the Modi Govt which has been handing out lists of Pakistani twitter accounts for suspension and forcing twitter to comply. We believe that our original suspension and this one is pure and utterly motivated by politics because Pakistani twitter users are under the oversight of twitter India and they can shut down our accounts whenever they want without us getting a fair chance of appeal or reversal.

Many other Pakistani twitter users who criticize India have ended up on Indian Govt's lists which were given to twitter. They were given legal notices that 'your tweets are in violation of Indian Law' - whatever that means.

We believe in the fairness of debate and not at any point, we've intentionally violated twitter's stated rules and if it ever happened by mistake, it was corrected and self-moderated.

We strongly protest this decision and hope our forum members will raise this issue on twitter with @ jack and others who are at the helm of affairs by using the hashtag #RestoreDefencedotpk.

We also hope that the Govt of Pakistan will look into this issue and officially raises this with twitter. The twitter must be asked to prohibit twitter India from exercising all powers over Pakistani twitter users and a twitter office must be established in India OR the Pakistani users should be under the oversight by twitter's head office in the United States. Their Indian staff is abusing their powers to shut down Pakistani accounts to settle scores and to comply with the Modi govt.

If you have any ideas on how to go about this, please let us know.

Thanks
Horus, I entirely understand your situation. First and foremost I want to take this opportunity to thank PDF for giving us all a platform to express our thoughts. The problem you face is a problem many of us face. It's easy to burn tyres, call for jihad or run amok in Lahore in protest of wrongs done us Pakistan or Muslims.

But here is the reality. We live in a global community. It matters nought what is wrong, what is fair or what is justice. What matters is the influence you acquire or goodwill you secure across thre globe. This can be achieved in a myriad of ways but I economic leverage is amongst the top of the list along with cultivating relations with significant global entities. To do so cannot be done by burning tyres on Faizabad Chowk.

Increasingly India'ds economic clout is gaining upper hand. In addition Pakistan's stock value has hit rock bottom. One thing I would suggest PDF to do. Please never tie your flag on causes that are hopeless. Stay out of Palestine, Rohingya or Uighur politics. These are hot potatoes and you will end up wasting your limited goodwill. Reserve that for specific Pakistani orientated issues. I was never fan of Musharaf but I think he got one thing right "Pakistan First".

As regards the issue you have I would suggest you contact Pakistan government to apply pressure on Twitter. In addition ask all PDF members to sign up for a protest. If indeed there are issues because the Twitters administrative loop the Indian'ds have managed infest themselves [which is very probable] then you need to push for change on that front.

The problem your going to find is the moment you say 'Pakistan' in any situation you go on the backfoot. The benefit of doubt that migt be given goes out of the window. Suddenly you find yourself flying into the wind. In my experiance only Turks and to some degree Chinese cut some positive slack when you self youself as 'Pakistani'.

Please keep us posted.

Horus, I entirely understand your situation. First and foremost I want to take this opportunity to thank PDF for giving us all a platform to express our thoughts. The problem you face is a problem many of us face. It's easy to burn tyres, call for jihad or run amok in Lahore in protest of wrongs done us Pakistan or Muslims.

But here is the reality. We live in a global community. It matters nought what is wrong, what is fair or what is justice. What matters is the influence you acquire or goodwill you secure across thre globe. This can be achieved in a myriad of ways but I economic leverage is amongst the top of the list along with cultivating relations with significant global entities. To do so cannot be done by burning tyres on Faizabad Chowk.

Increasingly India'ds economic clout is gaining upper hand. In addition Pakistan's stock value has hit rock bottom. One thing I would suggest PDF to do. Please never tie your flag on causes that are hopeless. Stay out of Palestine, Rohingya or Uighur politics. These are hot potatoes and you will end up wasting your limited goodwill. Reserve that for specific Pakistani orientated issues. I was never fan of Musharaf but I think he got one thing right "Pakistan First".

As regards the issue you have I would suggest you contact Pakistan government to apply pressure on Twitter. In addition ask all PDF members to sign up for a protest. If indeed there are issues because the Twitters administrative loop the Indian'ds have managed infest themselves [which is very probable] then you need to push for change on that front.

The problem your going to find is the moment you say 'Pakistan' in any situation you go on the backfoot. The benefit of doubt that migt be given goes out of the window. Suddenly you find yourself flying into the wind. In my experiance only Turks and to some degree Chinese cut some positive slack when you self youself as 'Pakistani'.

Please keep us posted.
I have always been the one to say that the Palestinian cause is a lost one and it's not our problem either.

Thats why it is called the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

Please keep us posted.
Don't forget India's soft power of bollywood is helping them as well.

Please keep us posted.
I agree with you, to hell with the Rohingya, Uighur, and Palestinian issues. Those are not our problems.

Please keep us posted.
Insha'Allah even with so much headwind from the entire world, Pak will still get into the other end of the tunnel to a bright day light!!! The beauty lies there....

I have always been the one to say that the Palestinian cause is a lost one and it's not our problem either.

Thats why it is called the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

Don't forget India's soft power of bollywood is helping them as well.

I agree with you, to hell with the Rohingya, Uighur, and Palestinian issues. Those are not our problems.
The most powerful global forces today are USA, Europe and China. This is the reality. And Pakistan is a fragile country with a weak economy which could be easily snuffed as we have seen with recent desperate financial situation. In this hostile environment Pakistani's have to navigate very, very cautiously. This means following the path of least resistence. Which means as much as you can fly with the headwind and only go against it when it becomes absolutely vital to core Pakistani interests.

We must keep in mind big business in USA and that includes the media is dominated by Jews. Many of the large US corporations are owned by Jews. So if you spit in their face over Israel in some suicidal effort to clam up with Palestinians, croak on about Uighur Muslims, bitch about Europeans the net result is your going to find yourself right at the bottom and isolated. This is exactly what Pakistan has done as a nation. We just made up enemies when there was never any need for it.

The Indian's have done opposite of this. They have cultivated relations with evderybody. This means in any India/Pak tiff we always get the shafting as evreybody bends backwards to accomodate India.Pakistan has made itself a public relations manager's nightmare.

Ps. I have even on PDF seen members provoking the Chinese over Uighurs. It's like do we want to fcuk up one of the few countries that are pro Pakistan over the Uighurs. And the Chinese are very reactive to this Uighur issue. Or start giving Turks lessons on Islam when we know majority of them are very secular. That again annoys them.

This is getting ludicrous, so many Pakistani accounts are being taken down. The Govt is sleeping. They need to tell twitter in black in white terms to stop targeting Pakistani users or get out of the country.
I think we have the citizen's portal now.. You guys need to raise this complaint of twitter's unjust behavior against Pakistani users/ accounts.. your request should go to minister of information - Fawad Chaudhry..

This way, we will also validate PM's claim as well about the effectiveness of citizen's portal.

Request twitter to be banned in Pakistan...

It will serve them right...

This is getting ludicrous, so many Pakistani accounts are being taken down. The Govt is sleeping. They need to tell twitter in black in white terms to stop targeting Pakistani users or get out of the country.
just ban this website would u.......Any website which is handled in india must not be allowed to operate in Pakistan....we bloody need a proper and defined cyber policy.

just ban this website would u.......Any website which is handled in india must not be allowed to operate in Pakistan....we bloody need a proper and defined cyber policy.
Quite right..

By the way, we have a precedent now.. SC has asked to block all Indian content.. SC can include social media on the list as well..

Get the twitter banned in Pakistan..

Register your complaint in citizen's portal.. I want to validate portal's effectiveness as well..

its time to bring this issue and unfair behavior in the attention of our Prime Minister ..

Last year in November, Twitter suspended our verified twitter handle without any warning or moderation. Our repeated appeals were not entertained.

Today, twitter has suspended us again without any warning or moderation. The message we received was: Violating our rules against evading permanent suspension. The permanent suspension was never explained, to begin with.

We believe that this is the work of twitter India at the behest of the Modi Govt which has been handing out lists of Pakistani twitter accounts for suspension and forcing twitter to comply. We believe that our original suspension and this one is pure and utterly motivated by politics because Pakistani twitter users are under the oversight of twitter India and they can shut down our accounts whenever they want without us getting a fair chance of appeal or reversal.

Many other Pakistani twitter users who criticize India have ended up on Indian Govt's lists which were given to twitter. They were given legal notices that 'your tweets are in violation of Indian Law' - whatever that means.

We believe in the fairness of debate and not at any point, we've intentionally violated twitter's stated rules and if it ever happened by mistake, it was corrected and self-moderated.

We strongly protest this decision and hope our forum members will raise this issue on twitter with @ jack and others who are at the helm of affairs by using the hashtag #RestoreDefencedotpk.

We also hope that the Govt of Pakistan will look into this issue and officially raises this with twitter. The twitter must be asked to prohibit twitter India from exercising all powers over Pakistani twitter users and a twitter office must be established in India OR the Pakistani users should be under the oversight by twitter's head office in the United States. Their Indian staff is abusing their powers to shut down Pakistani accounts to settle scores and to comply with the Modi govt.

If you have any ideas on how to go about this, please let us know.

Thanks

you will keep facing such issues till the time twitter keep handling traffic from Pakistan Twitter facility in India; the possible solution could be either to convince twitter to entertain twitter through Dubai office (via mass movement, for this public awareness of online community is require) or somehow twitter find it beneficial to have an office in Pakistan (here government could play a role) which is near to impossible as they already have 4 offices close to Pakistan (3 in India, 1 in Dubai)

Facebook and Twitter have been doing their crack down on Pakistani media for very long.

In case of Brahmos spy Facebook provided India with info of Pakistani IP adress which helped them locate the compromising technicians it is time to teach these social media some lesson.

Let's move some strings.

Please keep us posted.
Sorry but I read OP in its entirety and I didn't find him encouraging anyone to burn tyres.

Facebook and Twitter have been doing their crack down on Pakistani media for very long.

In case of Brahmos spy Facebook provided India with info of Pakistani IP adress which helped them locate the compromising technicians it is time to teach these social media some lesson.

Let's move some strings.
First thing first.. get both facebook and twitter banned in Pakistan..

GOvernment of Pakistan can't offer a better service to the citizens of Pakistan than this..

Our next generation spends too much time on twitter and facebook.. children don't play outside now..

and we will be able to get rid of #MeToo activists as well..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom