What's new

Twitter Alert: Reactions to Raymond Davis' release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret Service

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani Twitterati tweeted their critiques as news of US national Raymond Davis’ release was confirmed by Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah on Wednesday.

Davis was the accused in the double-murder shooting case in Lahore and was acquitted by the court as the families of the victims reportedly pardoned Davis after signing pardon papers in this regard.

Here’s the Twitter buzz:

Najam Sethi

As predicted, Davis has been freed on application of Kissas and Diyat law. CM Shahbaz played key secret role.

Nadeem F Paracha

This is what happens when a ‘successful’ media trial falls flat in the court of law.

Bina Shah

Wonder if there will be any street reaction to this, or if everyone’s just going to shut up and eat it.

Sami Shah

Never have so many liberals and conservatives been in such righteous agreement. Twitter and FB melting down.

The only acceptable follow up story would be that he converted to islam just before leaving.

Fatima Bhutto

Even for the Zardari govt, that was a remarkably quick acquittal#raymonddaviswinning

Saba Imtiaz

New reality show: Raymond ne Pakistan kyun chora?

Marvi Memon

What do all of u think on raymond issue?

Ayesha Tammy Haq

So what happens to #ShahMehmoodQuershi now

Razarumi

We heard that there will bloodshed on the streets and heavens will fall RT @vihargg: What could happen?

mosharrafzaidi

I guess GHQ maxed out that platinum ghairat card that Papa Jinnah gave us. Hope Ray Ray has a comfortable flight.

cyalm

Raymond Davis freed (?), NWA op ‘on the cards’, Pasha to get an extension – coincidence? Hmm…

I guess GHQ maxed out that platinum ghairat card that Papa Jinnah gave us. Hope Ray Ray has a comfortable flight.

But I think the most interesting point, at least for me, is what's going to happen to Shah Mehmood Qureshi -- PPP or Ulema e Islam?? or will Nawaz pick him up, or maybe even he is not that crazy.

But I think the most interesting point, at least for me, is what's going to happen to Shah Mehmood Qureshi -- PPP or Ulema e Islam?? or will Nawaz pick him up, or maybe even he is not that crazy.

S.M. Qureshi will be the guy "left out in the cold". Since all the other major players were in on "the deal" nobody will have place for him.

S.M. Qureshi will be the guy "left out in the cold". Since all the other major players were in on "the deal" nobody will have place for him.
i think he is on right path he could start a new movement to clean out these corrupt politicians out of this counter. and don't forget he proved his abilities when he was Foreign affair minister, I believe he can bring the change what his countrymen hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!

greedy Pakistanis getting money & saying this follows Islamic provision...Duhhh they could have before demanded this money why so hypocrisy/shouting before.. :tdown:

Why do these idiots always have to degrade GHQ or ISI.

If they dont know where and by whom he was being held than they are just not literate and aware enough to comment on this issue.:no:

greedy Pakistanis getting money & saying this follows Islamic provision...Duhhh they could have before demanded this money why so hypocrisy/shouting before.. :tdown:

they uses Islamic law ...take signatures forcefully....to gave davis save path and there ll be no anger in public....both government and punjab police is involved in this traitor act....!

Why leave out CJP - after all, he has the power to intervene but it seems he is only intervening on behalf of Nawaz and his business cronies

Just goes to show how U.S. controls Pakistan.

Raymond Davis: You all are nothing. :chilli::usflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom