What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

original source

Ohhh be, at least this is a sign that they are aware of importance of these unmanned land platforms.
I am at the same time so happy that there is rise in the power of TSK and our defense industry that can be easily felt and so angry about the last developments in the Altay project. I just dont know what to think.. but for sure those systems will change some things in TSK in a positive manner.

IMG_4914.JPG

Just to be clear, an unmanned 40mm grenade launcher turret would make sense. Unmanned M113 doesn't.

You could store a thousand 40mm grenades in M113 what are you gonna do with that?

What is a "an unmanned 40mm grenade launcher turret" ...

Just to be clear, an unmanned 40mm grenade launcher turret would make sense. Unmanned M113 doesn't.

You could store a thousand 40mm grenades in M113 what are you gonna do with that?

It would make more sense to add the 40mm om the UKAP instead of the SARP or just on vehicles in general. M113 doesn't make sense without any additional armor.

I hope that these unmanned land turrets are not vulnerable against jammers. What keeps the connection to these? Satellites? With jammers so popular these days, isn't it just possible to jam the signal to one of these and get rid of it? Or perhaps even deactivate it and take it?

Question to everyone: Why is Bayraktar TB2 using a foreign FLIR?

It would make more sense to add the 40mm om the UKAP instead of the SARP or just on vehicles in general. M113 doesn't make sense without any additional armor.
Yes I completely agree. M113 is a large, amphibious vehicle with large carrying capacity we should upgrade our M113s for strategic troop deployment. We're still using unarmored busses in most places.

Dual weapon stations would be better like 40 mm agl and 12.7mm machine gun.

Back
Top Bottom